Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Actually as far as I remember the competitive scene figured the Coro Coro to be the best standard roller, even seeing some use in a few matches.
Oh really, that's surprising. I wonder what their reasoning was. I'd think there are better Splash Wall weapons, and there's Carbon for a roller with Inkzooka.

I just played my first game ever as a mini and I kind of love it. Now I'm pumped. All hail the mini and its changeling variants.

EDIT: For those who are really into this gun, it seems like burst bombs are perfect for it. Is there any use for the curling bombs over burst? I kind of don't see the point of curling bombs on it.
Curling Bombs have the same uses here as on any weapon, quick path making for retreats and pushes aswell as pressuring from distance while building special.

Reactions: the

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Oh really, that's surprising. I wonder what their reasoning was. I'd think there are better Splash Wall weapons, and there's Carbon for a roller with Inkzooka.

Curling Bombs have the same uses here as on any weapon, quick path making for retreats and pushes aswell as pressuring from distance while building special.
Honestly It thought that the CoroCoro was the worst Splat Roller....Splash Wall on a roller seems weird

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Sure, but in those exact situations, I think I'd rather have a burst bomb here (especially given the ink cost of a curling), and the gun itself builds specials maybe faster than curling bombs (because of ink cost). But I'm sure some people will make the curling bomb/mini combo deadly. I've now played literally two games with the gun, so my opinion here is kinda BS.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Sure, but in those exact situations, I think I'd rather have a burst bomb here (especially given the ink cost of a curling), and the gun itself builds specials maybe faster than curling bombs (because of ink cost). But I'm sure some people will make the curling bomb/mini combo deadly. I've now played literally two games with the gun, so my opinion here is kinda BS.
Honestly I see the Zink br8ng better at Turf Wars and Zones because on the Ink Storm

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Can anyone here rate my Mini Splatling guide! I want to know how I can improve it

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Hey guys! Lists are updated a bit (took a while I've had other things to take care of). Let me know if there's anything I missed!

Also, even though nobody has it yet, this thread is now open to spoilers for the Octo-Expansion Single Player Story!

Stay Fresh!

Last edited:

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Hey guys! Lists are updated a bit (took a while I've had other things to take care of). Let me know if there's anything I missed!

Also, even though nobody has it yet, this thread is now open to spoilers for the Octo-Expansion Single Play Story!

Stay Fresh!
What list? I have no idea what you are talking about

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I just played my first game ever as a mini and I kind of love it. Now I'm pumped. All hail the mini and its changeling variants.

EDIT: For those who are really into this gun, it seems like burst bombs are perfect for it. Is there any use for the curling bombs over burst? I kind of don't see the point of curling bombs on it.
Wait wait, hold on. Your FIRST GAME EVER as the Mini? What?

Anyway, as for the Burst Bombs. They're great on the Mini, but really that's just because they're great on almost everything. The way I see it. Burst Bombs actually fit way better on the Splattershot and the Dualies, because they add a bit of range to it. The Mini already has a pretty good range. It's still good, but Curling Bombs will be fine on them too I think.

For one thing, it'll be good for Ranked modes, because the Mini is competent enough to be one of the first weapons to arrive at the, for example, Splat Zone. Especially considering it's most often the shorter range weapons who're there first. The Mini has enough range and can kill pretty quickly if you know what you're doing, so being at the front lines is very possible with it.

Also, I don't find myself using the Burst Bomb that often to directly attack people, since the Mini shreds so quickly. Since it can kill well enough on its own, that means that having a sub with a more supportive role can be good. I think the Curling Bomb can put a bit of pressure on people, since it's a bomb that can kill in one shot and stays put for a while before exploding.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Wait wait, hold on. Your FIRST GAME EVER as the Mini? What?

Anyway, as for the Burst Bombs. They're great on the Mini, but really that's just because they're great on almost everything. The way I see it. Burst Bombs actually fit way better on the Splattershot and the Dualies, because they add a bit of range to it. The Mini already has a pretty good range. It's still good, but Curling Bombs will be fine on them too I think.

For one thing, it'll be good for Ranked modes, because the Mini is competent enough to be one of the first weapons to arrive at the, for example, Splat Zone. Especially considering it's most often the shorter range weapons who're there first. The Mini has enough range and can kill pretty quickly if you know what you're doing, so being at the front lines is very possible with it.

Also, I don't find myself using the Burst Bomb that often to directly attack people, since the Mini shreds so quickly. Since it can kill well enough on its own, that means that having a sub with a more supportive role can be good. I think the Curling Bomb can put a bit of pressure on people, since it's a bomb that can kill in one shot and stays put for a while before exploding.
But the Min doesn’t benefit from burst canceling, which is a problem. It doesn’t wrk as good on the Mini as the Spalattershot or Dualies, because those can’t burst cancel

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
Personally, I think the Zink Mini Splatling is more for aggression and pushing up than the Vanilla Mini Splatling is. Ink storm is certainly a great special for pushing up into enemy terrority.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Yeah both the Curling bomb and Ink Storm are definitely going to help with pushing forward. You guys have gotten me more excited for the weapon, even though I wasn’t a big fan to start with

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
I think Curling will work with the ZiMi the way it worked with the Gootuber- since the Mini charges very quickly, you can swim, pop up, get a quick charge then ambush any squids unfortunate enough to be close by

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
I think Curling will work with the ZiMi the way it worked with the Gootuber- since the Mini charges very quickly, you can swim, pop up, get a quick charge then ambush any squids unfortunate enough to be close by
Except the Goo Tuber would hold its charge, but the Mini has a quickly charge time so that’s ok

Reactions: the

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Be nice if the Switch's wifi could give me maybe a percentage of signal strength instead of only THREE bars to go off of! Didn't want to test the Zimi in rank due to that so I just went turf war only for almost an hour.

Premiere time is wacky as ever when you get put on teams with three Zimis and an older sibling (heavy/hydra splatling) while the other zimi is alone with a hodgepodge of strangers. I'm rather liking the zimi, though I may be predisposed due to my favourable bias towards curling bombs. =p

It feels you could be effectively aggressive as you can soften foes with curling bombs and rain then finish them with a charge. And your range means you wouldn't have to get as close like a sploosh or splat roller. You can even have room enough to strafe them from a curling bomb's trail with more accuracy than you could with the 52 deco.

Just remember that one tank is approximately one curling bomb and two full charges.

I think I might try using some of my bamboozler's ninja squid+stealth jump/drop roller setups with this weapon. Other than a few minor details, the main weapon + curling bomb loadout handles somewhat the same.

Really hope the Custom Range Blaster will be as much fun!

The first post in this thread.
Yeah, but that post is like a bajillion years old and eleventy hundred clicks away! =P

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
You shouldn't use wifi anyway. The Switch LAN adapter is well worth the price.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
Yeah, but that post is like a bajillion years old and eleventy hundred clicks away! =P
One click and some scrolling, actually; the site lets you skip to the first page

(Of course you know that already, I just can't help myself :p)

Amarae

Splatoon subreddit & discord Mod
Community Ambassador
NNID
Amiithystine
Switch Friend Code
SW-5344-8655-6309
I used to be on the Minecraft forums and in OT we had a thread where we just talked like it was a long-form IRC. This thread would reach thousands of pages and need to be deleted and remade multiple times because the site couldn't handle such a singularly large thread.

I had over 3 thousand posts in it. Some regulars reached ten thousand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom