• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cephalobro

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
So is anyone going to talk about how they KILLED THE EXPLOSHER?? Because I think someone should talk about that.

Cephalobro

So is anyone going to talk about how they KILLED THE EXPLOSHER?? Because I think someone should talk about that.
Sometimes, I don't get their idea of balance. Heck, to this day, the Blobblober still hasn't been nerfed. The Explosher took a lot of skill to use since you had to aim almost perfectly and not in the general direction, which I wish they would focus on nerfing weapons that just requires aiming in the general direction rather than weapons that require accurate aiming.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Sometimes, I don't get their idea of balance. Heck, to this day, the Blobblober still hasn't been nerfed. The Explosher took a lot of skill to use since you had to aim almost perfectly and not in the general direction, which I wish they would focus on nerfing weapons that just requires aiming in the general direction rather than weapons that require accurate aiming.
Uhh the Blobblober never needed to be nerfed. When it was released, people deemed op. Have you noticed how bad it is a few months later? It truly never needed to be nerfed because all we had to do was get used to it. Also, the Explosher was killed? It seems to be fine to me, I've been using it a lot lately and it's not a bad weapon.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Uhh the Blobblober never needed to be nerfed. When it was released, people deemed op. Have you noticed how bad it is a few months later? It truly never needed to be nerfed because all we had to do was get used to it. Also, the Explosher was killed? It seems to be fine to me, I've been using it a lot lately and it's not a bad weapon.
Yeah I'm gonna agree with this; we all hated the Bloblobber because it was goddamn everywhere and avoiding that many bouncing bubbles was impossible. I also don't find it to be the painting machine that people make it out to be, though Ink Storm does make it irritating. On the flip side, I had a Splatfest match a few months back where we were against 4 Exploshers and we were absolutely decimated. I don't think the ink consumption nerf is going to kill the weapon - it's still good.

DJ Particle

Senior Squid
NNID
DJParticle
Switch Friend Code
SW-0728-9987-8856
Uhh the Blobblober never needed to be nerfed. When it was released, people deemed op. Have you noticed how bad it is a few months later? It truly never needed to be nerfed because all we had to do was get used to it.
No...the Overflosher (Bloblobber) needed a nerf. It was splatting people with only 2 blobs originally.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Yeah the Bloblobber wasn't an incredibly terrible problem given a couple weeks is natural progression. Most players world drop it as more players learn how to better counter it. Yet people seemed overly salty about it because it was an entirely new weapon with new mechanics you had to learn to deal with, had low in consumption so it could output many many blobs, and more than one on a team turned the match into a bullet hell.

Explosher meanwhile has lost only three shots, so no more carefree spamming without some ability help, yet I doubt such a nerf kneecaps it entirely. At least now it's even more like the eliter of sloshers. Powerful, ink hungry, but limited ammo.

And in other news (for the uninitiated), this morning they announced a weeklong Splatoon demo + Nintendo Switch Online trial period:
Code:
https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1107642817436938241

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Just to throw my hat into the ring of this Bloblobber debate.

I actually kind of stand in the middle. I was pretty hard on getting the thing nerfed early on and the ink consumption nerf did help a bit (and definitely the object damage nerf). But after further reflection, it definitely was not quite as severe. But at the same time, I could still see it deserving of some type of nerf.

I genuinely think the weapon should have something like, the 4 bubbles have consecutively diminishing range. So if you shoot in a straight line, the first bubble will travel the furthest with each bubble behind having like half a unit less range. Basically it nerfs the weapon's effective 1 slosh KO range since not all the bubbles will reach maximum range.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
On another hand, I think H3D didn't deserve its nerfs.
I don't necessarily agree. It makes sense for damage cap to be something that requires a lot of investment to achieve. I think it only really changes it so you need 1 more sub to reach cap. So 3 mains 4 subs. But it makes sense to try and make reaching damage cap harder.

But, they should also make it significantly harder to cap with the Splattershot Pro.

Azure ST

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-2076-3733-1036
Sheldon's picks coming April 2 w/ 4.6.0
• Fresh Squiffer w/ Suction Bombs & Inkjet
• Permanent Inkbrush w/ Sprinkler & Ink Armor
• Soda Slosher w/ Splat Bombs & Burst-Bomb Launcher
• Bamboozler 14 Mk III w/ Fizzy Bombs & Bubble Blower
• Grim Range Blaster w/ Burst Bombs & Tenta Missiles
• N-ZAP ‘83 w/ Sprinkler & Ink Storm
• Aerospray PG w/ Burst Bombs & Booyah Bomb
• Sploosh-o-matic 7 w/ Splat Bombs & Ultra Stamp
• Heavy Splatling Remix w/ Point Sensor & Booyah Bomb
• Cherry H-3 Nozzlenose w/ Splash Wall & Bubble Blower
• Tenta Camo Brella w/ Ink Mines & Ultra Stamp
• Clear Dapple Dualies w/ Torpedo & Splashdown

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
In addition to the above post, a new Saltfest was announced:

-Which will win the race, the tortoise or the hare?

- 4 visors and 8 new shoes to be given out over the news channel. They’re reskins of other shoes.
- Badges that appear near your weapons in the weapon selection screen, indicating how much you’ve used each one. Badge tiers appear at 100k, 500k, 1M, and MAX turf inked.

I guess they kind of pulled a last second twist with those Clear Dapples and Camo Tenta. I imagine we’ll see a ton of the former with that Torpedo spam.

Also can we just bring back my list of predicted sets for a sec?:
Bamboozler MKIII:
(Burst Bomb + Booyah Bomb) Faithful to S1, the Booyah Bomb acts as a makeshift Inkstrike. No Charger has either of these, to boot.
(Torpedo + Autobomb Launcher) As annoying as this weapon would be, it would at least give it a use over the MKII. In Splatoon 1, the MKIII was completely overshadowed by the MKII, so I can see them trying to avoid such a situation again.

Fresh Squiffer:
(Fizzy Bomb + Inkjet/Splashdown)
(Suction Bomb + Ultra Stamp) Recreation of the S1 set; no Charger has the Stamp either.

Permanent Inkbrush:
(Toxic Mist + Booyah Bomb) Would they even do this? Who knows.
(Fizzy Bomb + Suction Bomb Launcher)

Soda Slosher:
(Curling Bomb + Booyah Bomb)
(Beakon + Ultra Stamp)
(Torpedo + Inkjet) Closer to S1 set

Aerospray PG:
(Burst Bomb + Ultra Stamp) I have no idea what Family the Aerospray would belong to, honestly; Shooters are a lot more ambiguous than other weapon classes. This would be the S1 kit. It's also an Aerospray, so I don't care enough to think that much about the potential kit.

Cherry H-3:
(Torpedo + Ink Storm)
(Sprinkler + Booyah Bomb) The H-3 has always been given good kits because the main weapon is difficult to use and people would need a decent payoff in kits to bother using it. The H-3 D is already quite good, so it's hard to determine a possible set that won't be inferior.

Grim Range Blaster:
(Burst Bomb + Stingray) The Tower Control nightmare that we all remember from S1. I figure this weapon COULD get the Stingray because the Clash/Rapid/Rapid Pro family is separate from the Luna/Blaster/Range Blaster family.

Heavy Splatling Remix:
(Torpedo + Splat Bomb Launcher) The Torpedo would let this weapon flush out people hiding in inconvenient corners that the Splatling can't hit (behind boxes). I'd say Autobomb, but the Hydra has it already.
(Beakons + Booyah Bomb) The more likely backliner kit that I would put my money on. Beakons already exist on the Ballpoint, but it seems like it and the Nautilus are considered their own weapon families, oddly enough.

N-Zap '83:
(Point Sensor + Ultra Stamp) Again, I have no idea how to group together shooters, but I'd wager the N-Zap is lumped with the Aerospray. This would be the S1 N-Zap '83.
(Sprinkler + Booyah Bomb) If they're NOT in the same family, then this would recreate the N-Zap '89 from S1.

Sploosh-o-matic 7:
(Point Sensor + Ultra Stamp) Recreating the S1 Neo Sploosh
(Splat Bomb + Booyah Bomb)
(Torpedo + Bubble Blower) I don't even know. I genuinely think that the Sploosh 7 will surprise us the most with its kit.
I got a few solid predictions, But clearly they’ve still got some surprises left in them. I can’t say I’m sold on the Heavy Remix though.

Last edited:

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
• Soda Slosher w/ Splat Bombs & Burst-Bomb Launcher
Oh **** yes!!

Certainly some other cool sets here, but this one will be especially sweet.

Interesting that there's a bunch of Pearl and Marina themed gear out. But then, we should be very close to the Pearl v Marina fest...
Hopefully they'll also be available on the splatnet shop, lest we get stuck with whatever ability they come with.

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
I just noticed that Soda Slosher and Heavy Splatling Remix use old models from Splatoon rather than newer Splatoon 2 models. I wonder if Sheldon likes old models more.

I bet that N-Zap is going to be Ink Storm catergory 5 (well, it's just rain, not hurricane).

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I just noticed that Soda Slosher and Heavy Splatling Remix use old models from Splatoon rather than newer Splatoon 2 models. I wonder if Sheldon likes old models more.

I bet that N-Zap is going to be Ink Storm catergory 5 (well, it's just rain, not hurricane).
Inb4 150p for special. Also good catch on the old models, I hadn’t noticed that.

Cephalobro

Trooper Power Stripes huh? Seems like they are slowly introducing the idea of tentacle Octarians living aboveground.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Oh **** yes!!
...! You're the first one I've talked to that actually is hyped for this one. Personally, BB launcher is disgusting to me and I REALLY wanted a slosher with Inkjet, but whatever. To each his own.

The Bamboozler kit is great and I couldn't ask for a better one tbh. Also, INK MINES ON TENTA BRELLA????This is MY "(bleep) yes!" weapon right here. Usually I only use the Tenta on maps like Goby and skipper for splat zones, and mines are EXACTLY what the Tenta needs for these scenarios. Also the camo looks soooo cool. Not a fan of Dapples, but by golly that kit is insane. Possibly meta changing.

EDIT: Inb4 we're getting a second set of Splatoon 2 sheldon's picks.

Last edited:

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Who wants to riot with me if it's an April fools joke?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom