1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by SquidKid85, Jan 14, 2017.

?

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

Poll closed May 14, 2017.
  1. New Weapons

8 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. New Stages

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. New Specials

3 vote(s)
    3.0%
  4. New Character Customization Options

16 vote(s)
    15.8%
  5. New Modes

9 vote(s)
    8.9%
  6. The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  7. EVERYTHING!!!

55 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. Cephalobro

Cephalobro Inkling Fleet Admiral

Ansible and Raumdeuter like this.
  2. awedry

awedry Inkster Jr.

20 Special Power Up chunks are now available in the Switch news feed in North America!

~A.

Ansible and Enperry like this.
  3. Dewnose

Dewnose Inkling Cadet

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-1493-3741-2812
    So is anyone going to talk about how they KILLED THE EXPLOSHER?? Because I think someone should talk about that.

4. Cephalobro

Cephalobro Inkling Fleet Admiral

Sometimes, I don't get their idea of balance. Heck, to this day, the Blobblober still hasn't been nerfed. The Explosher took a lot of skill to use since you had to aim almost perfectly and not in the general direction, which I wish they would focus on nerfing weapons that just requires aiming in the general direction rather than weapons that require accurate aiming.

5. Enperry

Enperry Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    ssjplt
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0405-1788-8108
    Uhh the Blobblober never needed to be nerfed. When it was released, people deemed op. Have you noticed how bad it is a few months later? It truly never needed to be nerfed because all we had to do was get used to it. Also, the Explosher was killed? It seems to be fine to me, I've been using it a lot lately and it's not a bad weapon.

Ansible and Ƶeno like this.
  6. ϛ(°³°)/`

ϛ(°³°)/` Inkling Commander

Yeah I'm gonna agree with this; we all hated the Bloblobber because it was goddamn everywhere and avoiding that many bouncing bubbles was impossible. I also don't find it to be the painting machine that people make it out to be, though Ink Storm does make it irritating. On the flip side, I had a Splatfest match a few months back where we were against 4 Exploshers and we were absolutely decimated. I don't think the ink consumption nerf is going to kill the weapon - it's still good.

Ansible likes this.
  7. DJ Particle

DJ Particle Senior Squid

NNID:
    DJParticle
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0728-9987-8856
    No...the Overflosher (Bloblobber) needed a nerf. It was splatting people with only 2 blobs originally.

Cephalobro likes this.
  8. Ansible

Ansible Squid Savior From the Future
    Community Ambassador

NNID:
    RocketRobin
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8134-5728-9110
    Yeah the Bloblobber wasn't an incredibly terrible problem given a couple weeks is natural progression. Most players world drop it as more players learn how to better counter it. Yet people seemed overly salty about it because it was an entirely new weapon with new mechanics you had to learn to deal with, had low in consumption so it could output many many blobs, and more than one on a team turned the match into a bullet hell.

Explosher meanwhile has lost only three shots, so no more carefree spamming without some ability help, yet I doubt such a nerf kneecaps it entirely. At least now it's even more like the eliter of sloshers. Powerful, ink hungry, but limited ammo.

And in other news (for the uninitiated), this morning they announced a weeklong Splatoon demo + Nintendo Switch Online trial period:
    Code:
    https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1107642817436938241

Enperry likes this.
  9. Gameboy224

Gameboy224 Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Gameboy224
    Just to throw my hat into the ring of this Bloblobber debate.

I actually kind of stand in the middle. I was pretty hard on getting the thing nerfed early on and the ink consumption nerf did help a bit (and definitely the object damage nerf). But after further reflection, it definitely was not quite as severe. But at the same time, I could still see it deserving of some type of nerf.

I genuinely think the weapon should have something like, the 4 bubbles have consecutively diminishing range. So if you shoot in a straight line, the first bubble will travel the furthest with each bubble behind having like half a unit less range. Basically it nerfs the weapon's effective 1 slosh KO range since not all the bubbles will reach maximum range.

Enperry likes this.
  10. Metasepia

Metasepia Inkling Cadet

On another hand, I think H3D didn't deserve its nerfs.

11. Gameboy224

Gameboy224 Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Gameboy224
    I don't necessarily agree. It makes sense for damage cap to be something that requires a lot of investment to achieve. I think it only really changes it so you need 1 more sub to reach cap. So 3 mains 4 subs. But it makes sense to try and make reaching damage cap harder.

But, they should also make it significantly harder to cap with the Splattershot Pro.

Metasepia and Enperry like this.