Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
As for other maps, I don't want most of them to return, at most I'd like Camp Triggerfish and Port Mackerel (with better layout and mechanics like the Moray overhaul), and maybe Arowana Mall where it's styled closer to the beta images where it was wider and had more levels of elevation. The rest don't need to come back because either they were bad (Bluefin, Piranha, Flounder, Ancho-V, Kelp in Ranked etc.), or we already have what is the equivalent of said map in 2 (The Reef is Urchin, Musselforge is Walleye, Humpback is Blackbelly, Inkblot is Museum) when it comes to the theme and overall feeling of the map. Would rather have way more new maps than most of the old (if not all) returning, this game is already struggling to convince people it's more than a 1.5, but with all weapons returning, all ranked modes returning and some old maps returning it isn't convincing many people. I myself am a little concerned on that front, because I do want at least one additional Ranked mode, maybe 2 if we're lucky, because there's no way Salmon Run will have a long shelf life with 3 waves and a grind for gear, I'll ditch that mode when I have all the gear unlocked and focus on the rest of the game. We still have to wait and see on some of these fronts, as I'm still excited for this game and like all the changes thus far, but it needs to prove how different it is from 1 with the modes and other content because a new SP mode and Salmon Run isn't cutting it for me sadly.
your opinion.jpg

Not wanting stages to return is fine and understandable, but saying those stages are bad certainly isn't justification consider many are people's favorites. You're also forgetting that this game is following the same approach as the first, we'll no doubt see a new ranked mode and other new things as time goes on. Building off the first game works better in this case than throwing everything out the window, I think.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I'm still surprised we haven't seen a new weapon class yet. Would love to see a new class of weapon other than just the Dualies, but so far we've got nothing other than them.
Nor have we had any dooly varients revealed xP
I'm sure they will come in the form of free updates, just like in the past....Just you wait.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Meh. I'm okay if no other maps or music return at all, or just in a later update, or in a revised/remixed version. I rather the sequel to grow into its own thing without being shackled to its predecessor.

And now that we're really down to four weeks, I'm sure more info on further weapons, gear, locations, etc. will trickle in. In fact, don't be surprised if you hear about early/review copies floating about within the next week or two.*forlorn sigh*

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Splatoon JP made a tweet today revealing another bit of sample music from the band Wet Floor. Have a listen:
Theyre also doing their little event at Tower Records with the theme "Rock vs Pop"
I personally am loving that Wet Floor song. What about you guys?
I'm personally a fan of all Splatooh music. Definitely feeling it. (Wait is this the lose song or ?)

Seeing old stages updated would be nice. Mostly because I'm not sure which is my favorite :P

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Been spamming my swoosher weapon concept (see avatar), to Nintendo and Splatoon in various media forms I would really like to see this in the game.
Btw @ZEROrevive what the US Splatoon inbox

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
omg

these lil kids destroying salmon run

they lost that one round because a boss wouldn't spawn
P2 was S- ranked (the one decked out in Splatoon gear)

P4 was B+ (About where I finished)

P3 is super adorable and shy, had a very hard time understanding him, but he said "it was fun."

They were good I feel bad about round one missing only one golden egg.
But I think it was also getting used to the new controls.
They started at 5% and the second round was at 30%. To be honest it was really hard to understand anything the comitators were saying... (I'm also not very fulent in Japanese...)

Side note:Can we please get rebindable controls .... I'm pretty sure jump is X in both Breath of the Wild and Arms (on The Pro controller Don't judge me and my bad elbow).

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Side note:Can we please get rebindable controls .... I'm pretty sure jump is X in both Breath of the Wild and Arms (on The Pro controller Don't judge me and my bad elbow).
That'd be great but I have to doubt it. I think Jump on B is better since it's closest to the stick, but non-motion users will still lack the ability to effectively jump and aim at the same time.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
That'd be great but I have to doubt it. I think Jump on B is better since it's closest to the stick, but non-motion users will still lack the ability to effectively jump and aim at the same time.
I would love to be able to move jump to left stick click or L because these buttons aren't used for anything. I have never been very good with the motion on WiiU and ended up turning off motion on breath of the wild since I played it on the daily commute.

*NON-MOTION PLAYER HERE* I'll try it again but no motion is more natural to me.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627

Splatoon Just realeased a line splatoon toys that they said would be releasing tomorrow, my translator isn't so good so could someone else translate the post
"Bandai-sama's toy series "Splatoon Buki Collection 2" will be released from tomorrow. Although it is small this time, it is reproduced tightly up to detail, and its work comes with origami. Slossers and spinners, etc. will appear in all eight line types!"

I wish I could get these...even the first collection was good.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
http://www.glixel.com/interviews/splatoon-2-makers-on-esports-and-why-salmon-run-is-so-hard-w489871

This has been posted elsewhere, but there's a detail in here I'm pretty happy with. According to this, groups of 2-4 friends can go into Salmon Run and the matchmaking will set up randos in any configuration of 1 to 4 to fill the empty slots. That will make it far, FAR easier to get matches going and basically ensure I'm always bugging my squid friends for another round :P I kinda hope ranked works similarly too!

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
"Bandai-sama's toy series "Splatoon Buki Collection 2" will be released from tomorrow. Although it is small this time, it is reproduced tightly up to detail, and its work comes with origami. Slossers and spinners, etc. will appear in all eight line types!"

I wish I could get these...even the first collection was good.
After looking on Amazon.co.jp I found them looks like they are a random grab box kinda deal. Amazon isn't selling them though so Try Play-Asia.com they have all sorts of things but be warned they aren't always the cheapest.
スプラトゥーン ブキコレクション2 is the japanese name of the product. looks like they had the first set on Play-Asia but it's out of print.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
According to Nintendos Single Player Demonstration in their video
at minute 19:38 we can see 5 of 8 possible other weapons, besides the standard hero weapon.
Dualies, Carbonroller, Splatcharger (no scope), Slosher and Splatling.
From the trailer we know that there will also be a Blaster and Octobrush.
But what might be the 8th weapon?
A Nozzlenose maybe? H-3 even? :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom