Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
According to Nintendos Single Player Demonstration in their video
at minute 19:38 we can see 5 of 8 possible other weapons, besides the standard hero weapon.
Dualies, Carbonroller, Splatcharger (no scope), Slosher and Splatling.
From the trailer we know that there will also be a Blaster and Octobrush.
But what might be the 8th weapon?
A Nozzlenose maybe? H-3 even? :cool:
I was actually just thinking about this myself. As much as I doubt it, I'd love for it to be a new weapon class. But if it is a Nozzlenose or something of the like, I don't really have any complaints.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Yeah it's likely a pre-existing weapon, I'm personally hoping Bamboozler. I think in future updates is when we'll see moar new weapon types. Oh, and those toy weapons look pretty awesome! If I had a kid I'd use that as an excuse to buy them!

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Heeey Splatoon JP, it's been a while (sortof).
"A specialized manufacturer of headgear "Hotax".
Originally it was baseball cap, but in addition to fashion items such as knit cap and straw hat, we have also developed full-fledged headgear for sports such as helmet in recent years.
T - shirts treated with a brand logo are also popular with fans."

Nice to see this brand again.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
I've just found what looks like a new ability in Splatoon 2. I ended up stumbling across the Nintendo UK official page for Splatoon 2, and at the bottom of the page where they've posted information on the Amiibo and how they'll work they've snapped a picture of an ability icon we haven't yet seen. Unfortunately the picture isn't the biggest resolution so you'll have to make do with this:

upload_2017-6-28_16-33-3.png

It's a picture of a squid with a halo (typically signifying an ability that activates upon death), and a human form next to it, half in green, the other half in black inside a grey semi-circle. My only guess is based on the semi circle it may give you a temporary shield on respawning for safe jumps? That's a pretty terrible guess actually, but I can't think of why else the human form would be 50/50 colour with half in a semi-circle and the other not. I'll leave it to you guys to come up with the better ideas and guesses on the ability. This plus the other ability that was teased a few months ago (the purple squid with orange ink on it) are 3 additional abilities we know of that weren't in the E3 build (if Ninja Squid is back). This now brings us up to 17 abilities, and this will either be the last, or there's 2-4 more we don't know of yet.

I have a feeling this pretty much confirms the death of exclusive abilities, because we've got a lot of stackable ones now which will naturally go with the expanded number of brands we have. Cold-Blooded and Ink Resistance have been converted to stackable skills, and Bomb Defence Up basically replaces Bomb Sniffer, and most of the other exclusives can't really transform to stacking scales very well/if at all. The only enigma right now is Ninja Squid, but that could be stackable where the ink trail gets smaller and smaller with more of a swim speed reduction the more you have on.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@Cyan it could be a Alternate comeback, one that , let's you redrawn faster the more of you allies are splatted, or boosts abilities of teammates when half the team or more are splattered, I guess we'll have to see.
Lastly it could be the replacement to the salt inducing, stealth jump, something that makes it harder to find you when you initially respawn...again I guess we will have to see

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
@Cyan it could be a Alternate comeback, one that , let's you redrawn faster the more of you allies are splatted, or boosts abilities of teammates when half the team or more are splattered, I guess we'll have to see.
Lastly it could be the replacement to the salt inducing, stealth jump, something that makes it harder to find you when you initially respawn...again I guess we will have to see
Special saver?
Keep more of your special after getting splatted. Just s guess

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
I've just found what looks like a new ability in Splatoon 2. I ended up stumbling across the Nintendo UK official page for Splatoon 2, and at the bottom of the page where they've posted information on the Amiibo and how they'll work they've snapped a picture of an ability icon we haven't yet seen. Unfortunately the picture isn't the biggest resolution so you'll have to make do with this:

View attachment 5034

It's a picture of a squid with a halo (typically signifying an ability that activates upon death), and a human form next to it, half in green, the other half in black inside a grey semi-circle. My only guess is based on the semi circle it may give you a temporary shield on respawning for safe jumps? That's a pretty terrible guess actually, but I can't think of why else the human form would be 50/50 colour with half in a semi-circle and the other not. I'll leave it to you guys to come up with the better ideas and guesses on the ability. This plus the other ability that was teased a few months ago (the purple squid with orange ink on it) are 3 additional abilities we know of that weren't in the E3 build (if Ninja Squid is back). This now brings us up to 17 abilities, and this will either be the last, or there's 2-4 more we don't know of yet.

I have a feeling this pretty much confirms the death of exclusive abilities, because we've got a lot of stackable ones now which will naturally go with the expanded number of brands we have. Cold-Blooded and Ink Resistance have been converted to stackable skills, and Bomb Defence Up basically replaces Bomb Sniffer, and most of the other exclusives can't really transform to stacking scales very well/if at all. The only enigma right now is Ninja Squid, but that could be stackable where the ink trail gets smaller and smaller with more of a swim speed reduction the more you have on.
One thing i've noticed is that the inkling in this is pink/purple, compared to it usually being green when portraying your inkling (getting splatted). For example in quick respawn, comeback and tenacity. In tenacity you can also see that the enemy squids are portrayed as pink/purple and in coldblooded as well. Special saver and haunt are blue, but still counts when your inkling is splatted. This leads me to believe that maybe it's activated when you splat an enemy inkling. Now it could just be a recolor like with haunt/saver, but it still seems too obvious imo. The half and half has me stumped though. The black half reminds me of the the stealth ability, so maybe you become (semi-)invisible in human form when you splat an opponent? Sounds pretty broken though so who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Abilities for reference: :ability_haunt::ability_specialsaver::ability_comeback::ability_quickrespawn::ability_tenacity::ability_coldblooded::ability_ninjasquid::ability_stealthjump:

In other news i finished watching the invitational.
"Wasn't that 3 weeks ago?"
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Anyways few things i noticed. Your inkling makes a sort of "coughing" noise when affected by the toxic mist. You can kind of hear it around the 13 minute mark of the grand finals. And when you "reset" the rainmaker (jumping off the map with it to place it in the middle) it actually says "Rainmaker Reset" instead of "You lost the rainmaker" or something along those lines. Spectator mode was great but took some getting used to. Way too accustomed to only focusing on one player.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Personally, I think we're beyond the point of speculation. We'll get the hard facts on all this in three weeks :P

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
I've been gone too long off this thread. The heck happen, and I seen some leather caps...Hrrrm...

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Well hey, I won't stop you :P Carry on good sirs/madams/tentacle monsters!

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Time for another tweet. This one looks interesting.
"Some of you may have noticed at the previous trial, but the name display on the head changed a bit, and it seems that the name of the cut squid came to be crossed.
When the partner 's squid was also torn, the name was displayed.
Although it is a modest change, you can also know the result of the battle caused by the obstacle shadow."

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
STRIKE THE NAMES OF THE FALLEN! :P A minor but nice detail, Nintendo's all about the polish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom