Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Also My Nintendo rewards in Japan has announced Splatoon 2 gear exclusives

2 FA 11 Custom Jacket
And the IKA- V Collaboration gear Jacket

Both look really nice, though cost hasn't been revealed yet
Here the link
http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/162340899964
How long before my coins expire before we even get the chance to get these....I haven't spent a single coin ever since Club Nintendo bit the dust. This might change that.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Also My Nintendo rewards in Japan has announced Splatoon 2 gear exclusives

2 FA 11 Custom Jacket
And the IKA- V Collaboration gear Jacket

Both look really nice, though cost hasn't been revealed yet
Here the link
http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/162340899964
Well My Nintendo never really announced these rewards, we've known about those jackets since May. SplatoonJP tweeted about it quite a while back (I believe @Dessgeega posted the tweet here), and I investigated the 7-11 site where it says in small print that the jackets may be released on My Nintendo sometime in 2018. This seems like it's the alternative way for Japanese players to get the gear at launch, unless they really are holding back on Switch rewards for 2018 to coincide with the full online service (I really doubt this and Nintendo would kick up a major backlash over that, then again they don't care for that, just look at the NES and SNES Mini consoles).

Either way this, and any future gear, will be highly controversial if it follows the typical My Nintendo system of only being available for a few weeks and disappearing. It's opening up the Amiibo gear can of worms and making it worse, as this gear could potentially disappear forever from use and give advantages to people who managed to get it through coins (which will be made worse if the gear is 50 gold coins each). I do understand that with gear scrubbing it'll be less of an issue, but they can still have more gear available and can thus create more build opportunities as a result. Might be a minor advantage, but it's still there all the while. It could amount to nothing, and most likely will, but people who want the entire gear unlocked on their account will be peeved if they have to spend a lot of money on the eShop to get enough gold coins for the gear on My Nintendo.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Japan and their love of limited time offers... they will never stop doing that no matter how much the rest of the world loathes it. Odds are we will either get this gear the same way Japan does, or not at all. It's something to keep an eye on.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
You know, begs the question if it is confirmed that squids eat squid. CALLIE EATING MARIE CONFIRMED, RATED M FOR MMMM.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
How long before my coins expire before we even get the chance to get these....I haven't spent a single coin ever since Club Nintendo bit the dust. This might change that.
There's a menu somewhere in the MyNintendo account that lists when how many of your coins are expiring when. You'll need to fiddle around to find it.

You know, begs the question if it is confirmed that squids eat squid. CALLIE EATING MARIE CONFIRMED, RATED M FOR MMMM.
Too early in my day to properly enjoy double entendre humour... but I do like the cut of your jib my good squid. Jolly good!

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Hey, there wasn't enough bombs to fill this session. I think I need to reroll and fill up my sub status.

It's going to be July soon, and it feels like everything is flying so by fast.

Now one thing I must mention is has anyone mentioned that work in progress building? GameXplain pointed it out but hasn't anyone decipher what it is yet? It could be seen in the trailer for the single player mode.

Here is them coding out little tidbits if anyone hasn't seen it before.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Do they mean cut squid like this?

...No.

Dead squid is the least of all enjoyable topics for us Inklings.

Cease now or thou shalt be banned from the thread.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
When you realize they STILL haven't confirmed any other returning stages other than Moray Towers.
Yes, because who loves Moray Towers?

:wst_charge_long00::wst_charge_long01::wst_charge_longscp00::wst_charge_longscp01:

Ah, you guys...

(I like it too when using :wst_roller_compact00: and :wst_shot_quickmiddle00:or:wst_shot_quickmiddle01:. So not just them, right?)

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Didn't they already have bento boxes or something rather for Splatoon 2? It isn't fair that japan already is shelling out more merchandise than over here. (Don't forget us Nintendo...)

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Yes, because who loves Moray Towers?

:wst_charge_long00::wst_charge_long01::wst_charge_longscp00::wst_charge_longscp01:

Ah, you guys...

(I like it too when using :wst_roller_compact00: and :wst_shot_quickmiddle00:or:wst_shot_quickmiddle01:. So not just them, right?)
Using :wst_shot_quickmiddle01: on Moray Towers is FUN. Honestly I'm a bit happy to see it return, but I would like to see others make a return as well...

*coughflounderheightscoughmahimahicough*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom