Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Interesting! A Supportive N-Zap potential!

I'll look forward to any Retro Gear which is around... either Splatoon 1s or Retro gaming ones!

Speaking of that, which Old Gear have you seen?
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP Here, scroll through the Japanese twitter. Even if you can't read it, you'll see a whole lot of returning gear.

Fluddinator

Pro Squid
Thank you!

When I was scrolling though, I did remember that they got rid of the "Received Splats" score on the Result Screen: only showing how many enemies you splatted and how many enemies you splatted with the Special!

I did see some of the Old Gears... wonder if the Original Inkling Boy and Inkling Girl's wear is also available.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
That's definitely the E-liter, looks a bit redesigned but too many details are the same for it to be anything else. That E-liter kit will be very annoying to approach!
Shouldn't be as bad as the first game, no damage up so E-Liters must always full charge, and no really strong melee options like Burst Bombs and Kraken used to provide. We still have to see the Custom version's kit, but I think at most it'll get Splash Down or Baller as the get off me option.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Shouldn't be as bad as the first game, no damage up so E-Liters must always full charge, and no really strong melee options like Burst Bombs and Kraken used to provide. We still have to see the Custom version's kit, but I think at most it'll get Splash Down or Baller as the get off me option.
Even so, a paranoid e-liter on a perch with only one or two approach venues might get advance notice and/or a splat from an incoming ambush. And you're right about melee options, but then I think an e-liter caught with their pants down SHOULD suffer like that :P

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Regarding that in game text, since I remembered after @MiceChaff 's post,

many of us back in the Inkademy discord server believe the english translations for the sub/special/ability descriptions were perhaps rushed, as the ink mine description is a little lacking and the respawn punisher description is incorrect, just so y'all 'r' aware of the possibility of mis-translation in the game demo.

Fluddinator

Pro Squid
In return, they can keep their charges... which is a huge advantage!

Still, I think I'll still use a Shooter (either the Splattershot or the N-Zap) and get three Special Skills to use along with a small, wide mix of Stackable Skills.

Ah, what about Skills for this upcoming Splatfest? Will you get those with the points from the matches?

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Ah, what about Skills for this upcoming Splatfest? Will you get those with the points from the matches?
I do hope we get some exp+cash during the splatfest (if only to get further customization of my inkling during the testfire)
but, alas, I don't believe there is anyone, who knows if this is the case, who is also willing and able to share =[

GOTTA WAIT TILL SATURDAY HHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN-

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I do hope we get some exp+cash during the splatfest (if only to get further customization of my inkling during the testfire)
but, alas, I don't believe there is anyone, who knows if this is the case, is also willing and able to share =[

I posted earlier today an official tweet saying nothing carries over to the official game. We're in this for the fun times!

I did see some of the Old Gears... wonder if the Original Inkling Boy and Inkling Girl's wear is also available.
I don't recall seeing those, but it's a safe assumption those are in. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Fluddinator

Pro Squid
Yeah, unfortunately nothing will be carried over... however, there might be some possibility for some kind of customization, even if nothing will be saved.

Maybe the best they could give is a Random Roll for whatever Sub Skill comes out... and you stick with it until the end of the Splatfest.

Although... is it possible to actually see which Main Skills you have right now in the demo?

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
but, alas, I don't believe there is anyone, who knows if this is the case, who is also willing and able to share =[

Experience points and money sure, but it's likely the shops will be closed during splatfest as usual. Might not have access to Murch as he's sitting underneath where the stage will be set up.

Limiting, but it's a demo so I never expect much from a demo.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
But the shops were open during splatfests before???
I coulda sworn they were xP

And I'm just talking about buying gear within the demo, I would have been surprised if we could do some kind of transfer from the testfire to the main game.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Even so, a paranoid e-liter on a perch with only one or two approach venues might get advance notice and/or a splat from an incoming ambush. And you're right about melee options, but then I think an e-liter caught with their pants down SHOULD suffer like that :p
I'm not saying it'll be completely defenseless of course, but even with the buffs, I still think Ink Mine is inferior to the stuff E-Liter used to have thus making it a lot more approachable this time around. And that's exactly it, the E-Liter is supposed to be THE long ranged specialty weapon, so it shouldn't be able to easily win against melee weapons at melee range, that just ain't right!

The eShop's description said only the 4 weapons we can currently equip are playable so that's probably a no since if we got exp/cash it would mean we could buy other weapons.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Besides, it's only 4 hours. Even if you got to go shopping, you'd have such a tiny window to enjoy any purchases that it's not worth it.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
So first I have to admit I really like the new eliter, it has my favorite sub:inkmine::inkmine::inkmine:, plus it also has inkstorm to make up for it's lackluster coverage, (special ability up/ sub up, and redrawn punisher ). It feel like it fits it job a lot better, hold a zone while keeping pressure on the enemy team/getting splats from a distance.

Second, everyone right is a little upset that they won't keep there sets that they will get, but honestly if they open up the amiibo station we might be able to save some of the gear we get from the splatfest:D:D:D:D:D:D

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
So first I have to admit I really like the new eliter, it has my favorite sub:inkmine::inkmine::inkmine:, plus it also has inkstorm to make up for it's lackluster coverage, (special ability up/ sub up, and redrawn punisher ). It feel like it fits it job a lot better, hold a zone while keeping pressure on the enemy team/getting splats from a distance.

Second, everyone right is a little upset that they won't keep there sets that they will get, but honestly if they open up the amiibo station we might be able to save some of the gear we get from the splatfest:D:D:D:D:D:D
Great minds think alike! Those are exactly the abilitys I'm planning on using with the E-Liter, Respawn Punisher then the rest of the slots being filled with Special n Sub Power up. Much more ability combinations open for Chargers now that we don't have to fill half our slots with damage up to get the most out of it.

I'm thinking Ink Saver Main will finally become an ability I actually use thanks to the Umbrella! As people have already pointed out, having the Umbrella open drains your ink pretty quickly, so ink efficiency looks to be crucial here.

Btw is anyone gonna make a thread for each weapon again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom