Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maave

Inkling Commander
Finally I booted up the Splatfest demo. It's so fresh! I loved the tutorial area, the alleys and construction zone felt very "squid in a big city". Inktopolis Square feels more like it connects with the rest of the city. And I'm a lot less opposed to Pearl after watching the Splatfest intro. Sooo hyped.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
"Special Weapon "Ink Armor". For a certain period of time, put all the ally members in the ink's trousers, to prevent attacks from the opponent a little. Yoroi will start with slight damage, but that slight difference will often break the game. Squid looks like it looks, it may have the effect of giving pressure to the opponent ......?"

"put all the ally members in the ink's trousers"

EXCUSE me, Google translate? Do you wish to rephrase that??

In seriousness, I think I prefer this over the :bubbler: already.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
"Special Weapon "Ink Armor". For a certain period of time, put all the ally members in the ink's trousers, to prevent attacks from the opponent a little. Yoroi will start with slight damage, but that slight difference will often break the game. Squid looks like it looks, it may have the effect of giving pressure to the opponent ......?"

"put all the ally members in the ink's trousers"

EXCUSE me, Google translate? Do you wish to rephrase that??

In seriousness, I think I prefer this over the :bubbler: already.
Google Translate wishes it could rephrase a lot of things. Dunno if it will help any (it actually might make the translating process longer) but my Spanish teachers force me to use wordreference.com when I don't know a word so if that helps at all (if you even care to use it that is).

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Google Translate wishes it could rephrase a lot of things. Dunno if it will help any (it actually might make the translating process longer) but my Spanish teachers force me to use wordreference.com when I don't know a word so if that helps at all (if you even care to use it that is).
I know plenty of Japanese resources for the language, I'm just 1) Terrible at learning the language (or any language for that matter) and 2) a bit lazy to look at the kana and figure out the wording (as if I could understand much anyway).

Google Translate just butchers the word order of Japanese...and then some. So I always taken it with a grain of salt. Everyone else should too..hahah. But it helps give some VAGUE ideas to whats being said in most cases.

Fluddinator

Pro Squid

"Rob is running a restaurant at the track in a corner of Hikara Square.
If you eat here, it seems that you will get more money and keiken that you can get a battle for a while.
It seems necessary to have "tickets" instead of money to eat.
Tickets will be available in hero mode and salmon runs."

Tickets, huh? I like the idea.;)

So, I don't need to spend tons of money... thus I can buy Weapons and Gears much faster!:)

Last edited:

Fluddinator

Pro Squid
I did notice that there are several Power-Ups too like that Ink Save Up (Main). I wonder though... can those be used for Ranked Matches too?

If so, S+ players will definitively get their snacks ready before the newer matches!

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I did notice that there are several Power-Ups too like that Ink Save Up (Main). I wonder though... can those be used for Ranked Matches too?

If so, S+ players will definitively get their snacks ready before the newer matches!
Good point, I havent seen that detail addressed anywhere officialy...

If it were the case and you CAN have your food buffs carry over into ranked....then its going to make going in it without food less than ideal. Which means you'll have to grind for tickets if you dont want to be put at a slight disadvantage in ranked mode...

Hrm, makes me have a bit of mixed feelings on that. I wonder how frequently tickets are even earned...?

Fluddinator

Pro Squid
Also, I did notice that tickets have a clear food image on that... which means, a ticket will not let you get the food you want.

If certain tickets can only be get in one mode and not both, that would also determine how many players will get to choose one mode than the other.

Actually... considering the fact that in Salmon Run, you cannot carry over your normal Gears... do the food buffs matter in that mode as well?

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Also, I did notice that tickets have a clear food image on that... which means, a ticket will not let you get the food you want.
Huh, good eye. So you have to grind to stock up on different tickets for different foods. I actually dont mind that, to be honest.

Actually... considering the fact that in Salmon Run, you cannot carry over your normal Gears... do the food buffs matter in that mode as well?
Maybe they do? I could definitely see the benefit in this- especialy for such a chaotic game mode. This would at least give you some slight extra option aside from weapon choice.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Speaking of Salmon Run, who runs that place? Is it like the Turf War Tower?
No one knows who runs it currently, so it's quiet the mystery. It's a private owned business assumingly, that seems to have gotten popular with the inklings (because fresh gear and cash easily attract them- shocking!).

And really, thats as far as we know. Who or what it's ran by is up to your own imagination.

Fluddinator

Pro Squid
Don't forget the tickets!

Guess that Crusty Sean will think to open a Fast Food Restaurant in the future...

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'll clarify, the drinks menu has a drink for each ability, which is stated to increase gear EXP earned (unlocking slots faster) and slightly increase the odds of getting the gear ability of your choice. Nothing to do with combat.

Interesting to hear about story mode, which will undoubtedly be a less efficient source of tickets than salmon run. Still, it's an option!

Fluddinator

Pro Squid
Crusty Sean could already be featured in a documentary-type of movie, where he started his career in a Shoe Shop, then he decided to open a Food Truck and then he hitted big with his multinational fast food company.

You will probably see him wearing a business suit, in Splatoon 3.

I'll clarify, the drinks menu has a drink for each ability, which is stated to increase gear EXP earned (unlocking slots faster) and slightly increase the odds of getting the gear ability of your choice. Nothing to do with combat.

Interesting to hear about story mode, which will undoubtedly be a less efficient source of tickets than salmon run. Still, it's an option!
Ah, that explains it! So, no need to worry about the mandatory food diet before a Ranked Match... still, it's pretty useful!

Actually, I do have a question about the drinks! Is there one who just increases Gear EXP and leave the Skill Odds intact?

Last edited:

Fluddinator

Pro Squid
Well, that statue alone does spawn tons of different questions.

It does seem fishy... I wonder if this whole business is supposed to be legal or not, in Inkopolis.

Also, I'm taking a look at the ink color in Splatoon 2... for some reason, it reminds me more of juice/cream!

Should they give a name for their ink colors, such as Fresh Mint for the green, Orange Soda for the orange, Strawberry MilkShake for the pink/magenta one and so on...?

Last edited:

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom