• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fluddinator

Pro Squid
Ah... hope we can at least swap the drink effects for those who want a mix of Stackable Skills.

Like, let's say I got the Ink Saver (Main) beverage first... then after I got the skill, I'll move to the next beverage which is Ink Saver (Sub), so next time the level improves, I'll get the next one!

Yeah, that would really be useful... although I think it's going to take some time to get all the tickets ready to be used!

...Are we going into Crayola color names territory? We DO have a weapon that resembles Crayons now...might as well.

I mean really, just look at these names.
Well, aside from creative color names, there would also be the food/drink theme down, since Crusty Sean is running the monopoly in Splatoon 2.

Kabel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kabelly
It's crazy how much trouble people are having with the motion controls because of Zelda. I guess it is because I'm a long time player but it just works so well. I think those people want to use the motion controls for all movement but the stick in tandem with the motion control gives you more balance.

It's like patting your head while rubbing your belly.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
It's crazy how much trouble people are having with the motion controls because of Zelda. I guess it is because I'm a long time player but it just works so well. I think those people want to use the motion controls for all movement but the stick in tandem with the motion control gives you more balance.

It's like patting your head while rubbing your belly.
THANK YOU SOMEONE SAID IT. I know Zelda is massively, world-shatteringly popular, but that game's motion controls and this game's motion controls are entirely different beasts. I've yet to experience any issues beyond adjusting to a much smaller controller.

Fluddinator

Pro Squid
You can make the Inkling character run around with the motion controls too?

Uhm... if that's the case, I think I will do much better if the motion controls are kept only for aiming.

Kabel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kabelly
Also I just want to point out because I noticed when I first played Zelda, and people can test it out for themselves, you cannot use motion controls and sticks at the same time when using links bow. It locks on to one or the other. It's not as accurate as people believe. It always felt off when I played. I'm trying it right now.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Also I just want to point out because I noticed when I first played Zelda, and people can test it out for themselves, you cannot use motion controls and sticks at the same time when using links bow. It locks on to one or the other. It's not as accurate as people believe. It always felt off when I played. I'm trying it right now.
Yeah, I've heard people complain for months that Zelda's aiming felt off and therefore so would Splatoon's. Coincidentally, a lot of these people don't seem to have invested much time in the squid game :P

Kabel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kabelly
Yeah, I've heard people complain for months that Zelda's aiming felt off and therefore so would Splatoon's. Coincidentally, a lot of these people don't seem to have invested much time in the squid game :p
Nah Nintendo basically built the pro controller with this game in mind. The splatoon guys know motion controls. I can't wait until the testfire. All these stick users will make it so easy.

edit: you can't even recenter the camera in zelda so

splatoon: 1
lonk: 0

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@Kabel
The bow is pretty accurate for me, use motion to make wider turn on moving target and then switch to sticks adjust for greater accuracy, I usually get headshot with this trick. (Except on Lynels who refuse to kneel)

Fluddinator

Pro Squid
Really? Man... it does seem too forced.

I did try the two methods of aiming in Splatoon 1... and definitively the motion controls feel much better! With the sensitivity adjustment it feels even better!

How many players can aim very well in Splatoon with only the sticks?

Kabel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kabelly
@Kabel
The bow is pretty accurate for me, use motion to make wider turn on moving target and then switch to sticks adjust for greater accuracy, I usually get headshot with this trick. (Except on Lynels who refuse to kneel)
but see that's the difference there's this slight pause even if miniscule between* the stick and the motion control movement because it only does one of them.

In splatoon you can use the stick and motion at the same time BUT with the loss of vertical movement with sticks, but that's what the motion control is for.

Fluddinator

Pro Squid
I'm surprised to read complains about that Zelda game... I don't think I have heard a legit one at all!

It's too bad that such complain affected those people's first opinions for this Squid game like this. It happens too frequently, with Splatoon 2... (see also the whole Pearl "hate").

Kabel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kabelly
Really? Man... it does seem too forced.

I did try the two methods of aiming in Splatoon 1... and definitively the motion controls feel much better! With the sensitivity adjustment it feels even better!

How many players can aim very well in Splatoon with only the sticks?
I think this is another problem right now because people are basing their opinions on the demo but they can't change their sensitivity settings until after the actual shooting range. So they're stick with an option that may not work for them. Plus they added a new sensitivity setting for sticks this time that I don't remember from the first one.

Fluddinator

Pro Squid
You can't change the sensitivity right off the bat? Weird...

I could find a nice use for that Sensitivity Stick: I would lower it, so it's much easier to slowly swim inside the ink.

I would like to thank all the users who left a like in that Twitter Post! I'm happy that I was able to give something useful for this forum!:)

Last edited:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Well, I may have to layoff youtube for the next couple of weeks. Or at least reorganize my feed. There are now videos cropping up from advanced copy owners showing off some of the single player.

Earlier there were posts on twitter and reddit about people noticing squids in their galleria with different gear and above level 1. I've been speculating that those are also advanced copy holders playing online, much like they did with ARMS.

So there's your heads up for the day. And also that headset+squid mixer is now up for pre-order. I'm curious what the reviews on that will be.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Hmm. Then they may really be just filler NPCs until real players got pulled into the galleria.

Also, it appears single player info is now cropping up on websites too.

Fluddinator

Pro Squid
I'm not that scared of spoilers, actually... although I have never gave any of those away at all to anyone who don't want spoilers.

I guess that's because I'm a writer, thus I see stories in said way... also because spoilers never ruined anything for me.

Uhm... what if Story Mode would also involve Inkopolis a lot more than before? Ironically, we seem to know much, much more about Octo Valley than Inkopolis... aside from the maps and all.

Would be interesting to see those Squids who aren't into Turf War and are gamers like us or they play a sport like Tennis, Soccer, Basketball and practice their Skateboarding skills too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom