• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
There is a major problem with the handheld device service that Nintendo has dedicated to Splatoon. It is apparently backwards, and I would rather use discord if I am planning to talk to others.

It cuts out during alerts, when the app isn't within the screen, etc. Nintendo is getting rather nasty complaints over it, but I can't blame them. It is really just kinda of a burden rather than a convenient way to hook up to the console.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...dium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=frontpage

There is more to it right here if anyone wants to give it a read. This is one hurdle that nintendo really needs to DISH over, they're really far behind the competitors at this point with online services.

D3RK

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6389-5985-3965 Username:「Derk」
I doubt anyone actually plans on using this for voice chat since there are so many free and better alternatives like teamspeak, discord, ... even skype is better and that's pretty sad. If you want to use your phone to talk to your team then just group call them.

The only thing I planned to use it for was the unique main ability orders lol

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
There is a major problem with the handheld device service that Nintendo has dedicated to Splatoon. It is apparently backwards, and I would rather use discord if I am planning to talk to others.

It cuts out during alerts, when the app isn't within the screen, etc. Nintendo is getting rather nasty complaints over it, but I can't blame them. It is really just kinda of a burden rather than a convenient way to hook up to the console.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...dium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=frontpage

There is more to it right here if anyone wants to give it a read. This is one hurdle that nintendo really needs to DISH over, they're really far behind the competitors at this point with online services.
Until I try the voice chat, I'm not going to say that Sony's solution is better (the only one I can compare to) because I'm not a fan of Sony's. Requiring the screen on the phone to be on is the mark of an unfinished project. But something that can totally be corrected in an update.
But I wouldn't say this is that far behind. However. I have to play with it.
I'm not the only person to have an issue with Sony's Solution.
So far looks like Discord is an excellent choice. The online lounge version is like a glorified Private battle... And that I don't like. That.
I'm hoping with Patches and updates to both the game and the App we can see A greatly improved experience. People need to be sure to tell Nintendo the issues they have with this solution in A positive way.
I'll go hunting for a link to provide feedback for this.

I think there are a lot of Positives , but some glaring flaws.
I'm just ready to gather some friends and go play some Splatoon 2 and if I have to use Discord for optimal voice chat Experience it's not the end of the world.
But I will be sure to give this app a try.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Meh, it's a start. Nintendo has time to fix things, and they've shown that they're willing to listen to user feedback as of late. Like D3rk said, the fans on this forum are just there for the swag anyway :P

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Until I try the voice chat, I'm not going to say that Sony's solution is better (the only one I can compare to) because I'm not a fan of Sony's. Requiring the screen on the phone to be on is the mark of an unfinished project. But something that can totally be corrected in an update.
But I wouldn't say this is that far behind. However. I have to play with it.
I'm not the only person to have an issue with Sony's Solution.
So far looks like Discord is an excellent choice. The online lounge version is like a glorified Private battle... And that I don't like. That.
I'm hoping with Patches and updates to both the game and the App we can see A greatly improved experience. People need to be sure to tell Nintendo the issues they have with this solution in A positive way.
I'll go hunting for a link to provide feedback for this.

I think there are a lot of Positives , but some glaring flaws.
I'm just ready to gather some friends and go play some Splatoon 2 and if I have to use Discord for optimal voice chat Experience it's not the end of the world.
But I will be sure to give this app a try.
My hopes that Nintendo is actually taking advice, which they are. (And the only thing I am updated with sony right now are their robots, but I am aware of that one big hijacking scenario that accorded in the past. Didn't that happen again, actually?)

But I will just use discord, either way. I feel the app is easier, and more better to deal with. But to buy gear? Sure, will use it for that either way. And yes, positive. Criticism can't work if it is a bunch of flat line insults with no directional input. Nintendo doesn't understand the general: 'this sucks' because it doesn't put out anything that causes it to suck in the first place.

Switch right now is a BIG thing for them, bigger than the Wii U, so all this internet, wifi, apps, and all sorts of stuff is a huge learning curve for them that is kinda of a good thing. That means they want to be good rather than do nothing about it.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Random but I'm not sure if this is threadworthy or if a thread already exists on this subject yet but with reviews and early copies out now does anyone know if the ranking system is at all changed aside from separating ranks for each mode?

I mean like, do you go from A+ 99 to S 30 for example, or drop from S 0 to A+ 70? Is ranking up stacked against you in the same way it was in Spla1n? (2 wins to make up for 1 loss in higher ranks)

Just curious on this system, if there's any info about it or if its yet to be studied closely.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Though I am totally calling Inkling in the next smash bros, just you wait
This is basically confirmed if there is ever a Smash 5. I mean, a HUGE majority of the fan base wants it, it would make absolutely no sense not to include them. But we should take this conversation to Smash Boards, lol.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
*Sets up camp*

This looks like a nice place to scope out the competition.

I can hardly wait just one more day. The thought of getting my hands on those new weapons fills me with glee.

And like a good little Squid, I've avoided all spoilers, so I'll have a fresh new hero mode too.
AHA! I have spoilers for you! You unlock _____ by defeating _____ and then _____ _____ and ______ with _____ you then ______ and the credits roll! :D

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Youtubers have been pretty considerate so far. Two videos popped up in my recommended with a title like "final boss" and both had non spoiler thumbnails. This could easily change when any ol schmuck can get the game friday, but it's good to see some people are keeping spoilers in my mind when making titles and thumbnails.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Hey, were getting a throwback today in the form of the tweet. Everyone's first weapon...
"This is "Wakaba shooter".
It is the first buki that the young people descending to Hikara Square tomorrow have.
Because ink lasts a long time, it is perfect for the introduction of Nawabari Battle.
Sub weapon is "splash bomb", special weapon is "ink armor"."

Not too bad for a newbies first weapon.

I can hardly wait just one more day. The thought of getting my hands on those new weapons fills me with glee.
Even getting my hands on that roller that was available in the Splatfest world premiere is getting me excited. Basic roller, sure...but the kit has my favorite new sub and special that I was interested in- and neither disappointed.

Seeing as one my my mains, the carbon roller, has a completely different kit and playstyle required as a result, im going to keep all weapons open minded....both old ones I disliked, and new ones im unfamiliar with.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
While you squids dire the suffering of the eve of Splatoon 2, here is a video from the largest UFO facility in Japan with a chunk full of Splatoon 2 merchandise, enjoy:

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
While you squids dire the suffering of the eve of Splatoon 2, here is a video from the largest UFO facility in Japan with a chunk full of Splatoon 2 merchandise, enjoy:

Your tearing me APART Japan...!

(But at least I have one of those large Squid plush toys that's in the UFO catcher...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom