• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
https://clips.twitch.tv/RenownedCrepuscularSangPJSugar

Confirmed by ThatSrb2DUDE. Splatoon 2 does not have audio options. What the actual F**k. No seriously what the hell. I get it. Your music is awesome, but there's literally no excuse to not do this.

Guess I'll be putting my TV volume on near low again so that I can crank up my own beats....sigh.

(Still crossing my fingers for a future update to add this feature. Pray with me.)

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So I guess the game is available in Australia/New Zealand?
You might be golden, just getting a my nintendo account with region set to AUS and downloading it via e-shop o.o

Don't mind me, I'll just be sitting here, waiting until tomorrow morning, while JP and AUS level up

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
And people in the US are saying some of their stores are putting out physical and/or download code copies on shelf early... gonna be a long couple days because I won't be able to get started until at least Saturday!

https://clips.twitch.tv/RenownedCrepuscularSangPJSugar

Confirmed by ThatSrb2DUDE. Splatoon 2 does not have audio options. What the actual F**k. No seriously what the hell. I get it. Your music is awesome, but there's literally no excuse to not do this.
Ughk, was afraid that'd be the case. Other than holding out hope in a future update, I guess I can be bothersome by I dunno occasionally tweet it at them or mention it in the app feedback every few weeks. ¯\_(ツ)_/

Fullmental

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pokeman92
So I guess the game is available in Australia/New Zealand?
You might be golden, just getting a my nintendo account with region set to AUS and downloading it via e-shop o.o

Don't mind me, I'll just be sitting here, waiting until tomorrow morning, while JP and AUS level up
Its not like the game has a ton of players right now. I was just watching dude's stream and he couldn't even find a ranked match once he got out of c-. So we're not missing as much as you might think.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Its not like the game has a ton of players right now. I was just watching dude's stream and he couldn't even find a ranked match once he got out of c-. So we're not missing as much as you might think.
Listen to Fullmental. This is one game where it doesn't pay to be super-early. The game's not going anywhere.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Not only that, but from what I'm hearing so far, ranked mode unlocks at level 10 as in the first game but league battles don't unlock until rank B-.

And because the early playerbase is so small, no one has reached it yet. So no clue yet if your rank is frozen in league battles but it looks like tri-squads are extinct (sadly).

And if anyone gets/has the chance, I would like to know if you can mimic splatdashing/raijin stepping with a charger through your own ink. I'm wondering if it's possible to swim longer while maintaining a full charge.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@Ansible
Actually I kinda tried this, only did this charge keep twice (during splatfest) but it seems to work pretty well, again will have to wait and see if it reset the charge keep continuously.
But for the time being I can confirm it can be stored more than once to increase the distance you travel

Also restarting the conditioning thread over here:
https://squidboards.com/threads/splatoon-2-basics-conditioning.29472/

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
A friend of mine who is on vacation in Galveston Texas said he saw Splatoon 2 being sold already yesterday, the lucky people. Because it just so happens I have no means to get down to a store tomorrow, but I want a physical copy, I had to order the game online to be shipped to me the day of release. I'm going to be so anxious tomorrow until my game comes in, please let there be no unforeseen complications. :oops:

And people in the US are saying some of their stores are putting out physical and/or download code copies on shelf early... gonna be a long couple days because I won't be able to get started until at least Saturday!
Stay Strong! Also I think you meant Splaturday. Please be more careful next time~

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
wait, RANKED is open already?!?
I thought they were waiting for enough people to reach lvl 10 before enabling it, like last time?

Ansible

Community Ambassador
@Ansible
Actually I kinda tried this, only did this charge keep twice (during splatfest) but it seems to work pretty well, again will have to wait and see if it reset the charge keep continuously.
But for the time being I can confirm it can be stored more than once to increase the distance you travel

Splaturday can't come soon enough for the wonders I must show...

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Also it seems you can fast fall with duelies now by rolling, which will make up for the fact they can't fully raijin step, though I pretty certain they can Saber slide/momentum drift out of a splatterdash also for mixups
(Splatterdash and upon landing, cancel zl and pressing b to roll... gaining ground or dodge an attack)

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787

This is so painful. Prepare for the longest day of my life.
I still have to finish saving for a Switch AND save for the game. You've got it a lot better than I do...

*When the thread creator isn't among the first people to have the game so he/she has to listen to the subjects of the thread talking about the fact they have the game and all the awesome things they can do in it*

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Crossing my fingers.... Otherwise I'm making a trip to Walmart tomorrow
I'll be going to Walmart too tomorrow- as early as possible to get our copy of the game. I doubt they'll carry the Splat2 Amiibo's, so I'll be hunting those as well while we head around places for the day.

Best of luck to you, and anyone else who's going out to buy a copy of the game/amiibo's tomorrow...!

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
which will make up for the fact they can't fully raijin step, though I pretty certain they can Saber slide/momentum drift out of a splatterdash also for mixups
(Splatterdash and upon landing, cancel zl and pressing b to roll... gaining ground or dodge an attack)
O-Comic-Angel-Of-Deaf-1.jpg

Dog King

Full Squid
The wait is literally painful. I was watching Dude's stream for hours today in anticipation! When tomorrow morning hits, I'm flying to gamestop for my copy. Ugh, it's gonna hurt to know people will be playing downloaded copies while I wait for morning...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom