• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
I'll be going to Walmart too tomorrow- as early as possible to get our copy of the game. I doubt they'll carry the Splat2 Amiibo's, so I'll be hunting those as well while we head around places for the day.

Best of luck to you, and anyone else who's going out to buy a copy of the game/amiibo's tomorrow...!
Crap, that's right! The 2 Corrin Amiibo, Cloud, Bayonetta, AND the 3 Splatoon Amiibo come out tomorrow! And I've only got $25 to spend on them (gift card that I won't be able to use for a Switch)! Guess I'll be getting one of the 2 Corrins and maybe a Splatoon 2 Amiibo...or both Corrins if I can find the female one (haven't seen her ANYWHERE on online stores).

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@Leronne
Duelies can't splatter dash all too consistently, but you can roll into splatter dash.
they can fall fast off ledges by rolling as well as (literally) slingshot off inkrails

So what I am trying to say is they lose some mobility but make up for it with some really different innovative techniques (other than the dodge roll mechanic)

Edit :Raijin stepping is the obnoxious things players do to approach charger (constant moving in and out of ink)

While momentum drifting is a idea I came up with that you can carry the momentum of a splatter dash in or out of a dodge roll to quickly approach enemies without being stuck in the dodge roll position
I will record an show it if it works

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
@Leronne
Duelies can't splatter dash all too consistently, but you can roll into splatter dash.
they can fall fast off ledges by rolling as well as (literally) slingshot off inkrails

So what I am trying to say is they lose some mobility but make up for it with some really different innovative techniques (other than the dodge roll mechanic)
I think he might've been asking for an explanation of the jargon you and Ansible are saying.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Just a heads up, here's some news from the Tumblr:
"Salmon Run is a mysterious part-time job that Grizzco Industries offers when hordes of Salmonids approach Inkling waters. We’ve received word that for the first three days after the launch of Splatoon 2 on Friday, July 21st, a MASSIVE number of Salmonids will be migrating toward Inkopolis. This means that the frequency of Grizzco’s part-time job offers will be increased. But keep in mind that you need to be at least at level 4 to take part in these part-time jobs. Don’t miss this chance to try out Salmon Run!"

So all of us starting tomorrow might want to take advantage of this and fight up to 4 real quick!

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Just a heads up, here's some news from the Tumblr:
"Salmon Run is a mysterious part-time job that Grizzco Industries offers when hordes of Salmonids approach Inkling waters. We’ve received word that for the first three days after the launch of Splatoon 2 on Friday, July 21st, a MASSIVE number of Salmonids will be migrating toward Inkopolis. This means that the frequency of Grizzco’s part-time job offers will be increased. But keep in mind that you need to be at least at level 4 to take part in these part-time jobs. Don’t miss this chance to try out Salmon Run!"

So all of us starting tomorrow might want to take advantage of this and fight up to 4 real quick!
Ya, well, while you guys are all out there splatting, don't forget to stop by this thread tomorrow! I've got a few things I want to say and something I'd like to show everyone!!!

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Ya, well, while you guys are all out there splatting, don't forget to stop by this thread tomorrow! I've got a few things I want to say and something I'd like to show everyone!!!
Okie doke!

Also guys: I plan on making hopefully 3 Splatoon 2 designs this weekend (2 spoilers) so I might not be around much

If anyone's going to the gamestop event can you tell everyone about it?

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Wel~p... guess for the next couple of days I'm not lookin up anything on the net... and turning off not-Miiverse posts... maybe not log in to anything... definitely not touching social media...

You know what? I'm just gonna go into hiding and read a book whenever I'm not playing!

Ninja Ansible vanish!

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
*Finger guns* Gotcha, I'll still be lurking around here. I've got the day out to kill before I even get to play.

Also hope that everyone who has the game is having fun so far...! I can't wait to dive in myself later today.

Patrick1088

Inkster Jr.
NNID
patrick1088
I'm awake but Gamestop doesn't open until 10. 'Sigh' I have to go to 2 gamestop since I ordered the pro controller and game separately (couldn't find controller at my normal place)

Edit: decided to clean my fish tank while I wait lol

Good thing I took off from work today!

Happy Splat2n Day everybody!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom