• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I like how the Salmon Run gear's main ability is random, and you can keep getting it every 200 points. This gives incentive to keep playing even after you got all the rewards in hopes of getting the gear with the main ability you want.
There's also a chance that the sub slots will be filled out for free--the first polo shirt I got came with three random subs already completed.

D3RK

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6389-5985-3965 Username:「Derk」
Welp... I never thought it would happen but I finally saw the light. After 2 years of playing stick controls I am finally getting comfortable with gyro. I tried to use motion control on Friday for about 2-3 hours but I ended up turning them off again until today. Idk what was different this time from the other 10 or so times I tried in the past, but it finally clicked after about 15 mins of playing story mode before heading into work.

I think the main thing was me trying to use my whole arm to aim instead of just my wrists. I was moving the controller around a lot because of that and it was really difficult to aim. I finally realized that you barely tilt the controller with your wrist to aim lol... Now that I understand motion controls I like how fluid it is! I'm still not fully comfortable with it yet, but I can already feel the difference. I'll probably play through all the story mode with gyro when I get home from work tonight and I have the next two days off to practice!

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I've just tried out Splat Chargers at the firing range and it seems that uncharged shots now only go up to 80 damage, whereas in the prequel they went up to 100.
Does this mean that one-shotting with uncharged shots is now a thing of the past? Or will damage up be more potent? Can't test the latter as i don't have any gear with damage up yet.

EDIT: turns out that defense/damage up is now a thing of the past!I have no idea why that's the case, but i guess that's something they just decided i guess.

Last edited:

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Damage Up doesn't exist in Splatoon 2. So I would think that yes, one-shotting while not fully charged is also gone.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Whoops, ninja'd.

No idea why damage/defense up is gone though, it wasn't exactly broken nor over-centralizing. I'm guessing they want Chargers to try a different set rather than half ink saver/half damage up.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Consider 90% of the meta game revolved around either damage up, or the dread quick redrawn stealth jump I am glad that they decided to change things up.
It also give lower grade players a higher chance of doing better since we need to refigure our gear setups, while at the same time forcing us to get better with the weapons and new abilities in order to improve our overall skills.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@ZEROrevive had 3 aerospray tail me the whole game and they only managed to splat me once, and I was using a charger for goodness sake :cool:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Whoops, ninja'd.

No idea why damage/defense up is gone though, it wasn't exactly broken nor over-centralizing. I'm guessing they want Chargers to try a different set rather than half ink saver/half damage up.
Literally everyone at high levels used damage up, quick respawn/stealth jump, or some combination thereof. How is that not centralizing?

Joasa

Depressed Squid
True. I was 1 win away from ranking up in RM today and my team had the Rainmaker and a solid lead and what do you know THE CONNECTION IS UNSTABLE

Luckily it only lasted a few seconds. I've had plenty of 3v4 rounds and 'unable to connect to partner''s device' battle lobby kicks but overall... it's about the same as the first game for me.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
True. I was 1 win away from ranking up in RM today and my team had the Rainmaker and a solid lead and what do you know THE CONNECTION IS UNSTABLE

Luckily it only lasted a few seconds. I've had plenty of 3v4 rounds and 'unable to connect to partner''s device' battle lobby kicks but overall... it's about the same as the first game for me.
Unstable connection error happens for me more often then the partner device one. Infact, I usually end up waiting a good 40 seconds after the error...in a map with just me and one other player who doesn't move and acts frozen.

Then it kicks me out and sometimes gives me a warning, bah....

In Splat 1 it would just kick me quickly after unstable connection popped up and Id be back in no time. So slightly annoying with that...

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
The best one of these I personally experience was back in Splatoon 1 where everyone but me and 1 teammate disconnected while in ranked...

Was laughing so hard, and I had recorded it, but sadly footage was corrupted :(

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
The best one of these I personally experience was back in Splatoon 1 where everyone but me and 1 teammate disconnected while in ranked...

Was laughing so hard, and I had recorded it, but sadly footage was corrupted :(
You too? That happened in Museum Splat Zones squadding for me, everyone but my friend and I disconnected, we just kinda danced while the clock ran down :D Too bad about your footage though, that would've been glorious!

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Was laughing so hard, and I had recorded it, but sadly footage was corrupted
And so...the game decided that you were having too much fun, and corrupted your video footage.

(In all honesty, I wish I had that happen in Splat 2...the other player being active- not the video corruption, hah.)

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
Have there been lots of Connection issues? The only time I have had was rarely trying to start a match.
From what I have seen server preformace is super good.

I took today to finish Single player and get some motion control training out of the way. (I'm better but still using sicks to aim side to side mostly this will be a long journey)
As for Hero mode. Super fun... The last sector was hard to navigate.
I'm going to go back for any scrolls I missed.

I do like that Hero mode makes you use different weapons. I feel I have a deeper appreciation for Brushes and Sloshers... Even if my fingers hate them.
I also feel way more confident with chargers... But not splatining guns (super clunky feeling to me )

Now that I can finally play ranked mode again. I'm feeling good...

Thought I could use some cash and Salmon run is up tomorrow. If people want to join I'd be glad to have any help.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Talk about culture shock... four days in and I can practically count the number of Japanese players I've teamed with on one hand. Is there actual regional matchmaking at work, or am I just getting stupidly (un)lucky?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom