• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the

Inkling Commander
Ouch..I forgot about those too.

To be honest, is there ANY reason why we shouldn't be able to use these abilities during Splatfest? I mean, a REASONABLE reason, mind you. I cant think of any.
Because Nintendo are cowards who fear our true power.

It would've been cool if they somehow let you choose/upgrade ur splatfest tee with a different main ability

LancerStaff

Inkling Cadet
I think what they've done with Splatoon 2 so far has been pretty good. It certainly feels a lot more balanced then the first game, and any balance issues I'm sure will be buffed out fairly soon.

I was a pretty big fan of Splatoon 1, but I couldn't get into it competitively... This time around I have a much better mindset for it, I suppose. I didn't play nearly as much as you guys have I'm sure but I did get to experience everything.

I get why some of you super fans are a little burned out but for me I like it the way it is for the most part.

My only real complaint is the lack of dedicated servers. ARMS and MK being peer to peer is fine but Splatoon desperately needs them. You won't see me complaining about the tick rate though... I've had to deal with potato internet my entire life. Splatoon 2 runs far better for me on bad days then Splatoon 1 ever did on good ones. The lower tick rate better suits the 99%. Unless we do get dedicated servers I don't see them adjusting it.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I get why some of you super fans are a little burned out but for me I like it the way it is for the most part.
Correct, good sir! I realize I'm in the minority here, people who are new to squid combat are surely having a blast, as it should be. NOW MAKE IT BETTAR, NINTENDO!

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Well, due to the Salmon Run and Grizzco Industries gear, it'd be nice if you could choose which splatfest article you want: hat, shirt, or shoes. You would still be stuck with the x2 main slot, but still have the option of which gear category to restrict yourself from.

Coricus

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4794-7152-2904
The thing I keep in mind is that we have more modes at the start of Splatoon 2 than we did at the end of Splatoon 1. Can those of us who jumped in late even imagine what the first game was like with just Turf War and five stages? It's a difficult picture.

I saw a picture that was formatted in a way that there was room for another Ranked mode, and the Splatoon devs went full "no comment" on adding more Salmon Run bosses when there's room for one or two more in the manual and we already know Salmon Run is getting more stages.

-If- the original Splatoon is a measure of any level of precedent, we might once again end up with a rather beefier game at the end than at the start. Expecting new modes and free candy to be dished out is setting oneself up for disappointment, of course, but ignoring the possibility is an equal recipe for pessimism considering we already have precedent.

Let me run through when modes were rolled out before for a little bit of perspective. Rainmaker was three months after Splatoon released, and Tower Control was one. We're two weeks into Splatoon 2. I'd assume if we get another mode it'd be on the far end of that timeline, but at this point in the original Splatoon we'd only have Splat Zones and seven stages. . .one less than we currently have and only one more at the time original one. If we are at all on a similar track for Splatoon 2, it's entirely possible that more content is coming because we aren't even at the original's point in the release schedule that most of the content was rolled out.

As for me, I never fully got around to the grind for the first game, so I'm just gonna sit here as el casual and wait on the edge of my seat for the Brella to be unlocked while messing around. And the other stages they have. They've got at minimum two new stages and some unnamed old ones in the pipeline just from what they've shown/told us, and I'd expect there to be more of each of those as well.

And then I'll die inside because inevitably none of those stages will have the perfect, perfect grind rails that single player has.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
don't forget, there is that un-used 4th space on the player ranks screen

It's probably nothing,
but it could be. . .

something.o_O
I have no clue, honestly, but Nogami 'n' co. just might have a new ranked mode up their sleeves.

Darius

Inkling
NNID
Darius
Switch Friend Code
SW-8548-3228-2985
i'm kind of scared that this game wont turn out so hot.

cuz... matchmaking- "ah, there he goes again with the matchmaking rants."

i just hope the matchmaking wont be absolute bull.

in Splatoon 1 - Ranked Battles:

I get paired with (Higher Rank(s)) when I'm only (Lower Rank)

the other team gets more (Higher Ranked Players) than my team.
or my team gets more (Higher Ranked Players) than the other team.
(it sucks terribly)

in Splatoon 1 - Turf War:

the other team gets more (Higher Leveled Players) than my team.
my team gets more (Higher Leveled Players) than the other team.

in Splatoon 1 - Both modes:

My team/The other team gets completely spawncamped/destroyed.

My team/The other team gets more than one Charger/Roller/Shooter/Blaster which can cause problems sometimes.
I once got paired up with 2 enemy splatterscopers. They completely carried their team.

laggy japanese players
pro japanese players everywhere

It's like this almost EVERY DAY.

As someone who lived in Guam for the last 4 years I have to say that all I know are the Japanese players. And I have to say its not that they are professional they just have a different play style. For instance, Turf wars... Playing with Japanese players as a whole they were more focused on the objective, cover the field in your ink and less on the splats. Whereas Western players are more attack, splat, choke the opposition back to their spawn point.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
As someone who lived in Guam for the last 4 years I have to say that all I know are the Japanese players. And I have to say its not that they are professional they just have a different play style. For instance, Turf wars... Playing with Japanese players as a whole they were more focused on the objective, cover the field in your ink and less on the splats. Whereas Western players are more attack, splat, choke the opposition back to their spawn point.
You make fair points here, but it's kinda odd to reply to a post from over half a year ago.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Actually I was thinking a cool ranked mode to have in Splatoon 2 was a tower defense mode using the ink torpedo towers from the single player campaign and salmon run, in which players try to disrupt the towers, to get the salmons on your team to the enemy goal and take the egg supply
Kind of like a moba style mode that requires you to plan which towers you need to use, and which to defend (since towers won't effect inklings)

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
Actually I was thinking a cool ranked mode to have in Splatoon 2 was a tower defense mode using the ink torpedo towers from the single player campaign and salmon run, in which players try to disrupt the towers, to get the salmons on your team to the enemy goal and take the egg supply
Kind of like a moba style mode that requires you to plan which towers you need to use, and which to defend (since towers won't effect inklings)
That sounds almost Titan Fall like. But with Turrets instead of Titans. That could be an interesting spin on a mode

I think Splatoon's ranked modes are most fun in a grand battle for control.
I think for an added spin, you might want something a little more MOBA, like Walls (boxes) grind rails (because why not) and your Turrets that you can fight to gain control of (Rainmaker style) to knock down your oppents fort... Keep the Salmonid creep idea

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I still think Pearl's rapping makes her sound like a white/Japanese Nicki Minaj.

Anyway, to anyone who has used it, what's the deal with the Clash Blaster? I vaguely recall it was supposed to have a faster fire rate in exchange for lacking a 1-hit splat... which, to me, sounds an awful lot like the Rapid Blaster's niche. What about the Clash Blaster makes it stand out beyond that?

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Is is me or are there a lot of Austins?! I know one, online, and I think I've fought him because of a particular hat he prefers wearing, and I'm a bit familiar with his fighting style. But I still keep running into different Austins!

Also, after so much tenta missile spam during the splatfest, I've noticed that missiles act more like funnels (re: Gundam franchise) because instead of constant flight the entire time, they will suddenly halt in midair near the victim, quickly target them, then slam down. Kinda amuses me because I've also noticed a few other Gundam references/influences in the game too.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Also, after so much tenta missile spam during the splatfest, I've noticed that missiles act more like funnels (re: Gundam franchise) because instead of constant flight the entire time, they will suddenly halt in midair near the victim, quickly target them, then slam down. Kinda amuses me because I've also noticed a few other Gundam references/influences in the game too.
Hmmmm...if the N-ZAP includes Tenta Missiles, and they always stop mid-air to target, and I was always able to watch this stop and go in for the krill of theirs, I may be able to enjoy them much more than I first thought.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Hmmmm...if the N-ZAP includes Tenta Missiles, and they always stop mid-air to target, and I was always able to watch this stop and go in for the krill of theirs, I may be able to enjoy them much more than I first thought.
This is also why climbing walls with missiles inbound is asking for death. If they fired on an arc that would dodge them, but to these air-droppers a climbing squid is an immobile target, KABOOM! Their effectiveness varies wildly with terrain, but boy are they good at splatting the inattentive.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Just ran across a video by Etce in my feed. He provides not only video confirmation of chargers being able to splat multiple foes in a single shot, but a nice little treat too near the end I've been curious about.

It's easily more noticeable on Moray Towers and even other map you can find a high vantage point. And it's a show when you've got three or four targets locked on.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I still think Pearl's rapping makes her sound like a white/Japanese Nicki Minaj.

Anyway, to anyone who has used it, what's the deal with the Clash Blaster? I vaguely recall it was supposed to have a faster fire rate in exchange for lacking a 1-hit splat... which, to me, sounds an awful lot like the Rapid Blaster's niche. What about the Clash Blaster makes it stand out beyond that?
Sadly I can't see a lot of uses for it. It's basically a Rapid blaster with a faster fire rate but less damage and less range, making it too weak to do much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom