Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I dunno if it's just my luck, but I haven't seen ANY headgear with tenacity as its ability. Is it only on super-rare stuff, or is it not in the game yet?

He's in a café window, just a background character afaik
It's your luck. So far I've seen the MTB Helmet and the old Armor Helmet Replica from the Marie (or Callie, I forget) amiibo that have it, and I've seen stuff on Annie's shop with it. Keep shopping!

Reactions: the

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Wait...they "drain"? What's that?

Also, we saw Spyke in the last Splatoon 2 Direct, but has anyone seen him in game? If so, what does he do?
Drain like how the super jump marker drains when someone is jumping in. When activating the inkjet you leave behind an inkjet marker you jump back to when the special ends.

Spike meanwhile is chilling in a café nearby (he owns?), behind Murch, doing whatever on his laptop.

Lyn

Premium
Hmm. Lag wise I understand the complaints. I went against laggy dynamos and...its pretty frustrating, as much as going against as laggy charger. Maybe more so./QUOTE]
I'd say a lot of the lag may have to do with the tick rate of this game, which is much lower than the original Splatoon and certainly doesn't help against even more poor internet players.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Drain like how the super jump marker drains when someone is jumping in. When activating the inkjet you leave behind an inkjet marker you jump back to when the special ends.

Spike meanwhile is chilling in a café nearby (he owns?), behind Murch, doing whatever on his laptop.
A tiny little touch that I like during Splatfests is that Spyke is looking up, enjoying the show and looking out at the crowd... and still poking at his laptop with one hand :P

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
What do you mean, the marker "drains"?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
What do you mean, the marker "drains"?
In the sequel, the white in the super jump icon lowers to empty as the squidkid is en route, hitting bottom when they land. It's useful for allies and enemies alike.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
In the sequel, the white in the super jump icon lowers to empty as the squidkid is en route, hitting bottom when they land. It's useful for allies and enemies alike.
See, info like this is why I need the game, to understand what everyone's talking about. Lol, but thanks guys. Thought I was missing something that had been included in Super Jumps the whole time, that woulda been stupid...

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
See, info like this is why I need the game, to understand what everyone's talking about. Lol, but thanks guys. Thought I was missing something that had been included in Super Jumps the whole time, that woulda been stupid...
You're not missing a ton :p There's tweaks like that but it's mostly the same squid warrior combat we're all familiar with.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
@Sabeta Your inklination is correct! Competitive teams in splat1, you would mostly see very specialized builds (tons of ink saver sub and ink recovery on one squid who spams bombs, a mix of defense and speed ups for a reliable front line squid, a pure special duration up squid with the Kraken special for a beefy 11 second duration instead of 5 seconds, etc.)

In solo queqe (at least in S+/S ranks) specialization took the front seat to generalization for the most part, since you were somewhat expected to know what your particular weapon did best and were planning accordingly(or you just really wanted to spam bombs because why not =p). However, all around weapons (hello tentatek splattershot) really thrived on being so dang versatile that a generalized build would work beautifully(and it was easy to look fresh, to boot).

There were a few exceptions to wanting ability variation, but they were almost exclusively :ability_damage: abuse cases, which is now removed so we should not have to worry =P

PS: if you want to get into specialization,
the rule of thumb for stacking an ability is: 3 mains or 9 subs is typically the "soft cap"
You still technically get diminishing returns even stacking something beyond 1 sub, but it's so minimal before the soft cap that it's practically non-existent

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Yeah, the draining super jump meter is the same as in Splat1, but something feels different because the markers in Splat2 have been seriously throwing off my timing.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Yeah, the draining super jump meter is the same as in Splat1, but something feels different because the markers in Splat2 have been seriously throwing off my timing.
Oh. So it was in Splatoon. Now I feel stupid again for never noticing it. R.I.P. me.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
So honestly I have been pretty lucky as of late with my gear
:ability_inkrecovery::ability_runspeed::ability_specialcharge::ability_runspeed:
Shirt: work in progress
Shoes :ability_specialduration::ability_inksaversub::ability_specialduration: :ability_unknown:
But how I am playing with ability grinding is by unlocking abilities and then experimenting with my setups and work on scrubbing from there. Spares a LOT of ability chunks in the long run

( My rule of thumb is that I like having the equilvalent of 2 mains or more for my sets for each ability)

Last edited:

the

Inkling Commander
I heard that using sub power up with beakons makes ppl jump to them faster. Anybody know if that stacks with someone else's quick super jump ability, or if it caps out somewhere?

Could be useful for getting allies back into the game with ridiculous and slightly comical speed

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Btw I think I might know a new meta troll setup
:ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump:
:ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump:
BARREL ROLL:ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump:

I would like to try and do this in time, if I can get a shiny set, that the classic all swim speed inkbrush, and all ink resistant charger

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Just reminding everyone that Splatfest will be here in less than 24 hours. Better grind up on your Splatfest Shirt and scrub a dub it down while you can!

What weapon or weapons do you all plan to use for this Splatfest? I'm still deciding on mine, but I may do Splat Roller and Dualies....possibly some Inkbrush as well.

Still annoyed that I cant have Ninja Squid at all due to it being limited to shirts though (forced to wear splatfest shirt which has no ninja squid)....or has that changed in Splatoon 2?

Reactions: the

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Just reminding everyone that Splatfest will be here in less than 24 hours. Better grind up on your Splatfest Shirt and scrub a dub it down while you can!

What weapon or weapons do you all plan to use for this Splatfest? I'm still deciding on mine, but I may do Splat Roller and Dualies....possibly some Inkbrush as well.

Still annoyed that I cant have Ninja Squid at all due to it being limited to shirts though (forced to wear splatfest shirt which has no ninja squid)....or has that changed in Splatoon 2?
Love using Ninja Squid. If I'm about to be splatted, I just swim away in my ink, and my opponent doesn't know which direction I went. Simply swim around a wall, come up behind them, get em from behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom