• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Next time, we find a Japanese player or two or more and have them enter for us by proxy?

Personally, I kinda want an eye patch for either eye. So when I'm using a scoped charger my inkling will be looking through a scope with the wrong eye.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Everyone switch force said that we might, we just might have playable octoling boys and girls in Splatoon 2

Last edited:

Dog King

Full Squid
So, I just faces team Olives (Dude's team) Fuzzy. Let's just say he carried the opposing team and obliterated ours. His skill was actually scary!

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I recall being told we were going to get those in Splatoon 1 over a year and a half ago. I'm not buying it this time! :p
According to the leak
There's files for both Octoling Girl and Boy (which is pretty much unnecessary unless it's for player use)
I read the leak a couple of days ago so don't trust me on exact details

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
According to the leak
There's files for both Octoling Girl and Boy (which is pretty much unnecessary unless it's for player use)
I read the leak a lulle of days ago so don't trust me on exact details
My cynicism serves me well here. If that leak turns out to be true, I'm pleasantly surprised! If not, no skin off my nose :P

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I recall being told we were going to get those in Splatoon 1 over a year and a half ago. I'm not buying it this time! :p
I understand people's skepticism, I didn't believe that octolings were going to be available in splatoon 1 and I was less dissappointed than most, but this time around I do feel there are 3 reason that this will most likely come about

1. Marina, the octoling co star, of off the hook to me shows that most liekly will be playable octolings in spaltoon 2, why, well most of the animations are there we see in the single player campaign, plus this is the first time we are seeing facial expressions and gestures which we never saw in the first game which would be necessary in order for us to be able to have in order to switch gear.

2. There is code in the game for both an octoling female and a male in the original code there was a icon for octoling but there only the female in the original code, this time around however there is a male icon in the code giving me hope that this might happens

3. Lastly, the splatfest in the last splatfest of splatoon 1 we had Callie vs Marie (which kinda went south) but the idea of a marina vs pearl can not have an octolings vs inklings along with it in the final battle, so all things considered, that plus the huge desire of the community I think it is likely that we will see them in Splatoon this time around

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
According to the leak
I read the leak a couple of days ago so don't trust me on exact details
Yeah I saw this a couple days ago

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Okay, so I finally got off my butt and decided to capture some footage of the charger dodge roll. Good for evasion, quick pokes, and especially hiding both your laser and aim.

No capture card still, so I took the inelegant approach of just pointing a camera at the TV.

Award

I understand people's skepticism, I didn't believe that octolings were going to be available in splatoon 1 and I was less dissappointed than most, but this time around I do feel there are 3 reason that this will most likely come about

1. Marina, the octoling co star, of off the hook to me shows that most liekly will be playable octolings in spaltoon 2, why, well most of the animations are there we see in the single player campaign, plus this is the first time we are seeing facial expressions and gestures which we never saw in the first game which would be necessary in order for us to be able to have in order to switch gear.

2. There is code in the game for both an octoling female and a male in the original code there was a icon for octoling but there only the female in the original code, this time around however there is a male icon in the code giving me hope that this might happens

3. Lastly, the splatfest in the last splatfest of splatoon 1 we had Callie vs Marie (which kinda went south) but the idea of a marina vs pearl can not have an octolings vs inklings along with it in the final battle, so all things considered, that plus the huge desire of the community I think it is likely that we will see them in Splatoon this time around
Or they're just trolling us :p

Yeah, I agree Marina makes me think of a future update that enables a new mode for that. And with 2 years of Splatfests confirmed it makes me think big updates including probably paid DLC with modes could exist. So it's possible. But I still don't trust the rumors. There have been waaaay too many Squidboards paragraphs wasted believing octoling rumors :p It does seem more likely this time, but I'll hold off on interest until it happens :)

Edit: Updated my mains sig to be relevent for S2 finally....the changed broken links that suddenly appeared kind of forced my hand!

Last edited:

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Alright, since I still don't have the game, there are a few things about it I want to ask...

1. Do the shop keeps still prevent you from buying something till you're a certain level? If so, is it still level 4, or changed? And does it apply to Crusty Sean's food truck too?

2. I think I saw/heard somewhere that the map rotation continues even during Splatfest (whereas it used to be 3 stages all day long). Is this true?

3. Are Annie and Moe anywhere in game, or is their appearance limited to the SplatNet 2 app?

D

Deleted Member

A weird glitch just happened while I was playing port mackerel. My reticle went missing and turns into a red circle in squid form and when I shot ink it didn't make any sounds and barriers were basically invisible. Nothing too game breaking but it did soothe my anger towards my team mates decisions.

Reactions: the

the

Inkling Commander
Alright, since I still don't have the game, there are a few things about it I want to ask...

1. Do the shop keeps still prevent you from buying something till you're a certain level? If so, is it still level 4, or changed? And does it apply to Crusty Sean's food truck too?

2. I think I saw/heard somewhere that the map rotation continues even during Splatfest (whereas it used to be 3 stages all day long). Is this true?

3. Are Annie and Moe anywhere in game, or is their appearance limited to the SplatNet 2 app?
1. Yeah, level 4 iirc. This applies to murch, but idk if it applies to crusty sean. I assume it does.

2. Yup, maps rotate during splatfest. Pretty sweet

3. They're only in splatnet :' (
Well, annie is. idk if u can actually see moe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom