Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Love using Ninja Squid. If I'm about to be splatted, I just swim away in my ink, and my opponent doesn't know which direction I went. Simply swim around a wall, come up behind them, get em from behind.
That my friend, is what we call a Ninja Vanish...!

Notably, you can still see a slight trail in the ink even with ninja squid. But in the middle of a heated battle, it can be harder to take notice of.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@Award what do you actually use with a
sploosh o' matic, I only used meme strats or played with the splash o'matic

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
What weapon or weapons do you all plan to use for this Splatfest? I'm still deciding on mine, but I may do Splat Roller and Dualies....possibly some Inkbrush as well.
Don't have enough gear or all the weapons to properly make up theme sets like I usually do for splatfests. Maybe by the third or fourth one I will.

So I think I'm just gonna sit back and range bully (the aerosprays) with heavy splatling and chargers while coin grinding with those meal tickets. And I probably won't push myself much if the NoA region is just ketchup mirror matches.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Not gonna lie, I've been losing interest in this game over the last few days, with all the various issues it has. I don't want to miss the splatfest though because of the loot, so I'll probably just use the Jet or Dualie Squelchers to cheese it from afar.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
What weapon or weapons do you all plan to use for this Splatfest? I'm still deciding on mine, but I may do Splat Roller and Dualies....possibly some Inkbrush as well.
I'm probably going to go with NZapper or Dualies.
But depending on what the mayonnaise flings at me.... I have my heavy Splatining, and chargers, and the Gals in reserve.
FOR THE GLORY OF KETCHUP!!!

Award

@Award what do you actually use with a
sploosh o' matic, I only used meme strats or played with the splash o'matic
In S1 I'd mostly settled on a sploosh/octobrush/charger main. Sploosh served me well. It's frantic, spastic, and kind of like a brush but a little easier on the fingers (but harder on the joystick thumbs with how frantic it needs to be played.) For the most part I didn't camp it like a brush but just stayed non-stop randomly moving. You'd think a weapon you have to walk ON the zone would be a bad one, but it inks so fast and lets you move through so fast it's a hard weapon to hit. It has the fun side effect of drawing charger fire, but being hard to actually hit with a charger while constantly moving. I can't play it for long because it seriously takes a lot thumbstick action that wears down on you after a while....but if you play it fast enough and crazy enough it's great.

My best S1 game ever was in solo ranked...... I THINK it was in A+ somewhere.... can't remember. TWO of my teammates disconnected, so it was 2v4 with my Japanese teammate for Flounder Heights Zones. Not exactly a good map for 2v4 :P We did lose, but we lost in OVERTIME. I mostly took one zone with my sploosh, he took the other with his slosher and we had that place locked down so well until a big push at the end from all 4 of them on one side overwhelmed us in OT. I was so proud of my sploosh :)

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Not gonna lie, I've been losing interest in this game over the last few days, with all the various issues it has. I don't want to miss the splatfest though because of the loot, so I'll probably just use the Jet or Dualie Squelchers to cheese it from afar.
I partly understand the sentiment. I enjoy feeling like a newbie all over again and a rekindled desire to improve, but not really feeling that fire, that drive to push myself.

I can only guess why: overeating at the hype table, the freshly passionate honeymoon period ending, not fond of the region's player pool I'm among, the amount of things to do and keep track of, being able to see just how much (grinding) is ahead of me, the sluggish feel of the game, or maybe I'm just here too early because I joined the first game after everything was already established and any new content or patches were wholly unexpected and actually new data.

I think I've been playing the game daily since release, so maybe after the splatfest I'll probably take a break for a bit, maybe do little more than draw for the not-Miiverse whenever I open the game.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And do we even have a name for the new "not-Miiverse," like "inkmail" or "squidboards" or "squid pro quo" or something?!

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Just reminding everyone that Splatfest will be here in less than 24 hours. Better grind up on your Splatfest Shirt and scrub a dub it down while you can!

Still annoyed that I cant have Ninja Squid at all due to it being limited to shirts though (forced to wear splatfest shirt which has no ninja squid)....or has that changed in Splatoon 2?
I was thinking of either using the Mini Splatlinng, or the Jet Squelcher.

Mini mainly due to it's decent range (I expect to see a lot of Areosprays so the Mini can easily out range them) and it does really well at covering turf quickly.

The Jet Squelcher mainly for the range since more then likely many will be using short ranged weapons.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I partly understand the sentiment. I enjoy feeling like a newbie all over again and a rekindled desire to improve, but not really feeling that fire, that drive to push myself.

I can only guess why: overeating at the hype table, the freshly passionate honeymoon period ending, not fond of the region's player pool I'm among, the amount of things to do and keep track of, being able to see just how much (grinding) is ahead of me, the sluggish feel of the game, or maybe I'm just here too early because I joined the first game after everything was already established and any new content or patches were wholly unexpected and actually new data.

I think I've been playing the game daily since release, so maybe after the splatfest I'll probably take a break for a bit, maybe do little more than draw for the not-Miiverse whenever I open the game.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And do we even have a name for the new "not-Miiverse," like "inkmail" or "squidboards" or "squid pro quo" or something?!
Yeah, you nailed it on the head, with everything. I got massively hyped, and then we basically got the first game again with new complications. I already bought all the gear and climbed to S+ the first time around, my motivation for doing it a second time is lacking. I did the same thing as you too, got the first game months later. Salmon Run's been the most enjoyable for me because that's the only truly new content. Eh! If they introduce dedicated servers next year I'll probably be intrigued enough to go forth, but as it stands I'm really just playing this with friends, solo everything's lacking appeal.

Award

Fortunately I haven't played in a year so the game kind of Stayed Fresh for me and it's like going back in time! If I'd been playing S1 for the past year I probably wouldn't have bought S2 at all. Kind of makes you wonder how the Battlefield: Medal of Duty crowd managed to not get burned out of annual re-releases of the same game for the past decade!

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Okay, unless there's a last minute change, they're going all in for this splatfest. Red & white ink!

We are going to be using the "forbidden" colours--this is not a drill inklings! And they're releasing the Spoolsh-o-Matic during this!?

This is gonna be risqué as it will be fun.

v(▼ω▼メ)ゞ

the

Inkling Commander
Just reminding everyone that Splatfest will be here in less than 24 hours. Better grind up on your Splatfest Shirt and scrub a dub it down while you can!

Still annoyed that I cant have Ninja Squid at all due to it being limited to shirts though (forced to wear splatfest shirt which has no ninja squid)....or has that changed in Splatoon 2?
I was so sad abt the lack of splatfest ninja squid in the first game, and unfortunately it seems that the issue is staying. Same for things like respawn punisher, which I like when I use splatling. :- (

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
Yeah, you nailed it on the head, with everything. I got massively hyped, and then we basically got the first game again with new complications. I already bought all the gear and climbed to S+ the first time around, my motivation for doing it a second time is lacking. I did the same thing as you too, got the first game months later. Salmon Run's been the most enjoyable for me because that's the only truly new content. Eh! If they introduce dedicated servers next year I'll probably be intrigued enough to go forth, but as it stands I'm really just playing this with friends, solo everything's lacking appeal.
I understand where you are coming from it's a bit of a bummer. But I feel if they changed too much people would be upset. Nintendo played it very safe my guess Splatoon2 was in development for about a year before they showed it off. We see a lot of people coming in fresh. And these post Realse updates are just polishing on the game.
Now the big question on my mind is wether or not in 4 months we see a better game with the new levels of polish?
We have been getting weapons almost every week.

Here is another question. When will we see the first Nintendo run Tournament?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I understand where you are coming from it's a bit of a bummer. But I feel if they changed too much people would be upset. Nintendo played it very safe my guess Splatoon2 was in development for about a year before they showed it off. We see a lot of people coming in fresh. And these post Realse updates are just polishing on the game.
Now the big question on my mind is wether or not in 4 months we see a better game with the new levels of polish?
We have been getting weapons almost every week.

Here is another question. When will we see the first Nintendo run Tournament?
There's playing it safe and then there's this. I'll leave it at that. And we already had a Nintendo tournament at E3, that absolutely counts.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
In general, I am very happy with this game, and I have the drive to stick with it for a while. However! There are a lot of things that admittedly are worrying me about the game overall. I have taken great issue with certain weapons and specials that are being so overused that it's making me more frustrated than I want to be, and really the lack of maps is becoming way too draining on me. My heart rose and quickly sank when I found out Mystery Zone is Splatfest exclusive. We really need more regular maps in the game. Port Makerel and Kelp Dome came pretty early in the last game's life span, I just hope we get a new map next week.

And seriously, Turf War needs some massive reform. I'm stuck waiting for matches so long it's making me not want to play turf much, despite being the casual, simple mode you should be able to just hop into. I would also like to propose the idea that Freshness bonuses have made turf war much less about fun and experimentation, and more about people being desperate to win to rack up freshness ratings for more exp and bragging rights. I'm starting to think it was a mistake to implement the concept, even though on paper I love it.

the

Inkling Commander
I would also like to propose the idea that Freshness bonuses have made turf war much less about fun and experimentation, and more about people being desperate to win to rack up freshness ratings for more exp and bragging rights. I'm starting to think it was a mistake to implement the concept, even though on paper I love it.
I agree with this. Or I'd even just like an option to hide the freshness bonus? I like to just goof around in turf war but, I get very competitive so constantly having a number there of "this is how good or bad you are at this weapon" kinda makes it hard not to take the games seriously? I dunno if that makes any sense, but it definitely feels different and gets under my skin more than the win-streak counter from splatoon 1. Maybe because that was less constant, and reset every rotation.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I have to agree, freshness bonus is a fun mechanic with unintended implications, considering how competitive people get. As cynical as I am, I just hope this is the early game blues that the first Splatoon had and things will look up next year.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I was so sad abt the lack of splatfest ninja squid in the first game, and unfortunately it seems that the issue is staying. Same for things like respawn punisher, which I like when I use splatling. :- (
Ouch..I forgot about those too.

To be honest, is there ANY reason why we shouldn't be able to use these abilities during Splatfest? I mean, a REASONABLE reason, mind you. I cant think of any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom