• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Alright, since I still don't have the game, there are a few things about it I want to ask...

1. Do the shop keeps still prevent you from buying something till you're a certain level? If so, is it still level 4, or changed? And does it apply to Crusty Sean's food truck too?

2. I think I saw/heard somewhere that the map rotation continues even during Splatfest (whereas it used to be 3 stages all day long). Is this true?

3. Are Annie and Moe anywhere in game, or is their appearance limited to the SplatNet 2 app?
1. Yes it absolutely does but the Splatnet 2 app doesn't have such limitations so make good use of it

2. Yes it does it can chage between a few different maps, altough now it looks like there are 3 maps with shifty station as a constant and a different map in between

3. Annie is't in the game really, but rather is behind the

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
1- Yes, lvl 4, though not sure on the food truck. I didn't check that before lvl 4
2-Splatfest is a 2 map rotation every 2 hours, just that ranked+league are disabled AND you also have Shifty Station always in rotation as a third map
3-only splat net =[

EDIT: xD is there a way to delete your own posts? we goot a triple response =p

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Okay, so I finally got off my butt and decided to capture some footage of the charger dodge roll. Good for evasion, quick pokes, and especially hiding both your laser and aim.

No capture card still, so I took the inelegant approach of just pointing a camera at the TV.
I still can't get used to the stock chargers with the stored charge thing. It never lasts as long as I expect it to, and I end up having no charge when I need it so then I end up not using it anyway. I suspect it plays better if you weren't already used to S1 chargers and don't need to "unlearn" them. Scoped for me, thanks!

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
1. Yeah, level 4 iirc. This applies to murch, but idk if it applies to crusty sean. I assume it does.

2. Yup, maps rotate during splatfest. Pretty sweet

3. They're only in splatnet :' (
Well, annie is. idk if u can actually see moe
1. Yes it absolutely does but the Splatnet 2 app doesn't have such limitations so make good use of it

2. Yes it does it can chage between a few different maps, altough now it looks like there are 3 maps with shifty station as a constant and a different map in between

3. Annie is't in the game really, but rather is behind the
1- Yes, lvl 4, though not sure on the food truck. I didn't check that before lvl 4
2-Splatfest is a 2 map rotation every 2 hours, just that ranked+league are disabled AND you also have Shifty Station always in rotation as a third map
3-only splat net =[

EDIT: xD is there a way to delete your own posts? we goot a triple response =p
Cool, thanks guys.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I still can't get used to the stock chargers with the stored charge thing. It never lasts as long as I expect it to, and I end up having no charge when I need it so then I end up not using it anyway. I suspect it plays better if you weren't already used to S1 chargers and don't need to "unlearn" them. Scoped for me, thanks!
If you do the charge keep, come out of the ink and go back in the charge keep will reset. It also let you do the trick the @Ansible shows in the gif, just beware cause your ink won't refill until you fire.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
@SquidKid85, small note: Sheldon you can access at level 2 and Crusty Sean you can access from the start--because he's cool like that!

@Award, Indeed it does take a bit of unlearning! The chargeroll I figured out while attempting to raijin step/splatdash with a charger. I wanted to maintain the charge over longer distances while travelling.

Another method for holding long distance charge is to just periodically dive/jump in and out of the ink. Which unintentionally defeats the purpose of using the Goo Tuber...

Award

@SquidKid85, small note: Sheldon you can access at level 2 and Crusty Sean you can access from the start--because he's cool like that!

@Award, Indeed it does take a bit of unlearning! The chargeroll I figured out while attempting to raijin step/splatdash with a charger. I wanted to maintain the charge over longer distances while travelling.

Another method for holding long distance charge is to just periodically dive/jump in and out of the ink. Which unintentionally defeats the purpose of using the Goo Tuber...
I haven't played with the Goo Tuber outside Salmon run (forcing people who don't play chargers normally to have to use a charger while on your salmon crew is an act of cruelty!!) but what I've seen of it is just pretty "meh", I hope that's not a replacement for Bambi! The regular chargers....I've tried the ink dip but I tend to always need to ascend a wall or such and it still ends up that I get where I'm going and have no charge. On paper I loved the idea of stored charges, but in practice, I think I"m still a lot more comfortable with scopes and traditional snap shots. Though I do have to get some time in with the Goo Tuber under non-salmonid conditions.

Have to say Matchmaking for ranked is the same broken formula from before with the exact same patterns, but they actually implemented the rank ladder we were all designing here back in the day that makes it so much more bearable! Don't let it be said Nintendo doesn't read Squidboards. WE designed the ranking system! :)

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Have to say Matchmaking for ranked is the same broken formula from before with the exact same patterns, but they actually implemented the rank ladder we were all designing here back in the day that makes it so much more bearable! Don't let it be said Nintendo doesn't read Squidboards. WE designed the ranking system! :)
So this chaotic, imprecise, unintuitive mess is our fault? :P

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Personally, I'm not feeling a great fondness for the region preference matchmaking. And already I keep running into some of the same players while in the B ranks of every mode.

Goo Tuber... uh... shorter range than splat charger with an e-liter charge time... I don't even know... just... whuh?!

Once the bamboozlers and squiffers finally take the stage, they could become something of a terror. Mid-range quicktime chargers with stored charges and chargerolling? That's practically an anti-dualie.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Personally, I'm not feeling a great fondness for the region preference matchmaking. And already I keep running into some of the same players while in the B ranks of every mode.

Goo Tuber... uh... shorter range than splat charger with an e-liter charge time... I don't even know... just... whuh?!

Once the bamboozlers and squiffers finally take the stage, they could become something of a terror. Mid-range quicktime chargers with stored charges and chargerolling? That's practically an anti-dualie.
With these stage layouts, those chargers won't even need damage up to be a terror. If you can see the squiffer/bamboozler in most stages, it can probably shoot you!

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233

Squiffer with charge keep...now add in curling bombs and a inkpack and we got the complete counter to the tri slosher (originally was going to say burst bombs but even I think that would be too much salt)

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Squiffer with charge keep...now add in curling bombs and a inkpack and we got the complete counter to the tri slosher (originally was going to say burst bombs but even I think that would be too much salt)
Burst bomb for either squiffer or bamboozler... you can dehydrate all of Inkopolis with that amount of salt. Curling bomb could be almost as problematic granting added mobility and setup possibilities.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
In both ranked and turf I've seen so many of the same people over and over again. It's not a bad thing, but it makes me worry there aren't many people playing the game. If I have to see TacoWaco one more time I'll...play with or against them without complaining I guess. :oops:

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
I have another question for everyone, though this is focused more on the Switch rather than Splatoon 2. Does it have a function similar to the Wii U's ability to view people you've recently played with? So if I am constantly playing with the same people and having fun with I can go through it and send them a request?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I have another question for everyone, though this is focused more on the Switch rather than Splatoon 2. Does it have a function similar to the Wii U's ability to view people you've recently played with? So if I am constantly playing with the same people and having fun with I can go through it and send them a request?
Yep, that's pretty much the same.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
In both ranked and turf I've seen so many of the same people over and over again. It's not a bad thing, but it makes me worry there aren't many people playing the game. If I have to see TacoWaco one more time I'll...play with or against them without complaining I guess. :oops:
I know, right? And it's not always on the same day either. Or even in the same lobby. I'm slowly starting to have monologues towards the players and developing backstories for their inklings at this rate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom