• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the

Inkling Commander
There is the safari hat but that's sadly in a solid colour. Also, I miss the jungle hat too because it went with my red aloha shirt. And first week of the game there was a Splatoonverse message of at least one person wanting their jungle hat back.

You are not alone!
Oooh, actually I don't think I saw the jungle hat then, "safari hat" sounds familiar.
Man, why do all these hats have to look so dang similar?!

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@Cyan
I understand a lot of what you are saying, tri slosher is way too powerful right now and I do feel it needs a nerf it range is a little too good and it's kill speed is just too good.
Tentatek has always been good and it does need a special nerf but, other than that I can live with this version since at the moment there are only 1 or 2 to the 6 player group in Splatoon 1
I do feel there is a need to change the octobrush, just because at the moment it is so good it makes it really hard to get much value out the inkbrush whether it is speeding up it ink consumption or change the sweet spot of the octobrush but hopefully a balance will help other close range weapons be more useful.
Ink armor isn't actually all that strong, it is just so easy for the weapons that have it to recharge special that it feels overpowered, see that on an h-3 or a charger you feel the lack of power.
Inkjet is hard to knock out of the air but rewards you for good aim, it is just a matter of special charge

Also my goodness is tentamissles is really annoying it feels WW Wommy, but this is cause many of the fan favorite weapon all have it
I do feel that stingray needs a buff along with splashdown (more initial invinciblity and less at the peak) and baller is really good it just need to be very stealthily about it (plus special up gives more defense on baller).
Overall I think special charging is the hardest thing to adjust, but it just needs to be balanced out and in time it will help many of these special feel more in place

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador

Literally can't stop thinking that every single battle now that Inklings do is simply to obtain a CD of whatever battle track is playing. And it makes sense that people would battle for a CD of Rip Entry (or, in this case, the entire Wet Floor album).
Meanwhile there have been irl Splatoon tourneys with team art among the prizes. lol

That vid does make wonder about the backstory of the jellies (and other land dwelling sea life). I understand they serve as just filler and can be analogous to everyday, inconsequential, ordinary people but they're somehow adorably endearing. Like during the opening tutorial there's a construction jellie off dancing by themself while further down its coworkers are preoccupied with work.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627

Literally can't stop thinking that every single battle now that Inklings do is simply to obtain a CD of whatever battle track is playing. And it makes sense that people would battle for a CD of Rip Entry (or, in this case, the entire Wet Floor album).
Anything with Splat2's Inkling Boy in it gets my approval.

D3RK

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6389-5985-3965 Username:「Derk」
I finally got the 10 chunks I needed to finish a pure gear! Oh I need 30 chunks because it already has 2 of the same one? But I spent so long to get 10...

Literally killed the game for me at this point. It has been nothing but disappointment after disappointment so far. Hopefully it will get better in a few updates. But between the lack of stages, terrible online, ketchup vs ketchup splatfest, waiting for splat brella, and now this? Nah, I'll pass.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I still enjoy the game but yeah, Splatoon 2 currently having half the content of the first game makes it feel like a downgrade. I'm greatly itching for new weapons n maps, but this uber slow trickle of updates isn't fast enough to satisfy.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
My revelation with S+ that I detailed in the Salt thread has really taken the wind out of my sails at the moment for ranked. I'm facing a bit of an internal crisis where I wonder what kind of player I want to be in Splatoon 2. Do I buckle down and go full competitive, constantly practicing in ranked, or do I just be content with being a great, but overall casual player? I'm currently A+ in the other two modes, and I intend to climb up the ranks, but I wonder what will come after I feel like I can't go any higher.

I definitely sympathize with all the mixed feelings everyone is having with the game. At its core, Splatoon 2 is a blast to play that gives me so much joy. But then all the many issues and frustrations rear their ugly head, and I start to feel discouraged or annoyed with the game. At this point I am desperate for a balance update to get things running smoother, and I need new maps badly.

But I also think a lot of this has to do with how the player base is right now. Not only has the game incentivized more confrontation, but players are so bloodthirsty in turf. And you can tell new players have taken this new format as law, making everything about splatting first, inking later. I know it's a lot to ask that people chill out and just have fun when playing as hard as you can to win is perfectly reasonable, but turf war took a long time to get super competitive and serious in the first game. I was hoping the wacky, casual, honeymoon period with this game would have lasted longer.

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Turf's a mess, rank's a mess, if Salmon Run wasn't a blast I'd probably be checked out by now. I am a salt factory. Hero of Lime, I think your concerns are dead on. I have the skills to get back to S+ if I really applied myself, but what then?

I think I, and to an extent all of us, got a little too hyped. Even if the issues we've all commented on were fewer or nonexistent, we'd be coming down from the sugar rush about now regardless.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Time to rain in some excitement:
"At 11 am on August 12 tomorrow, a new buki "para shelter" will be added.
It is a casa style bukki called a shelter.
In addition to firing diffuse bullets with the ZR button, you can also open the Casa by keeping it pressed as it is to prevent opponent's attack.
Sub is "Sprinkler", Special is "Aplysia"."
"In addition, the shelter can "purge" to separate the bulkhead and fly away when the ZR button is kept pressed with the Casa open.
You can hide in the purged Casa and proceed while preventing attacks.
However, Casa will break with constant damage.
A broken or blown Casa will recover in a while."

So, Splat brella. Who here is planning to buy it from Ammo Knights as soon as its released?

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Time to rain in some excitement:
"At 11 am on August 12 tomorrow, a new buki "para shelter" will be added.
It is a casa style bukki called a shelter.
In addition to firing diffuse bullets with the ZR button, you can also open the Casa by keeping it pressed as it is to prevent opponent's attack.
Sub is "Sprinkler", Special is "Aplysia"."
"In addition, the shelter can "purge" to separate the bulkhead and fly away when the ZR button is kept pressed with the Casa open.
You can hide in the purged Casa and proceed while preventing attacks.
However, Casa will break with constant damage.
A broken or blown Casa will recover in a while."

So, Splat brella. Who here is planning to buy it from Ammo Knights as soon as its released?
Love how this thing gets announced as the rest of you say "I'm tired of waiting for the Splat Brella."

Also love the design of this weapon. FRESH!

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Watch....I am calling it, the new Blackbelly skate park and the boat map we saw from the direct trailers, either tomorrow we are seeing then or with the release of the squeezer

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Watch....I am calling it, the new Blackbelly skate park and the boat map we saw from the direct trailers, either tomorrow we are seeing then or with the release of the squeezer
If your wrong, you owe me a Pineapple Pizza in the future...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom