• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
*shoots costum jr because why not*
c-can i join the club?

(know i'm waiting where someone has like 15 track assists at the end of a match and everyone else 15 kills in total :cool:)

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
So...I went 17-1 once in a regular Turf War and once had around 30 (give or take some) kills in a Tower Control match. Wonder what those numbers would have looked like if assists had been counted too. Probably no dramatic change but still.

(Not trying to brag about anything by the way, I'm sure people that actually go way deep into the game and analyze the effects of everything could probably pound me into the depths of the Ink Sea).

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Well~ invitational tourney has started! Chance to see things in play—and they're using the spectator mode.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Dunno if I should be more concerned by the fact that Team USA is a bit awful, or that the Dynamo is as powerful as ever.

3 minute edit: No, I guess I was mistaken on both counts. More that Team Japan is that damn good. Not surprising at all.

Really digging this so far. It's amazing how far both the team play and commentary have come from Splatoon's infancy.

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
A friend of mine is getting into Splatoon with the sequel, and this tournament is intimidating them, hahaha, they weren't ready for the game's raw speed :D LIVE FAST OR SPLAT!

Ansible

Community Ambassador
A few current thoughts watching the invitational.
  • I want that Boo shirt one of the commentators was wearing!!
  • I thought the Japanese team seemed strong at first because, I'm told, Turf War is part of the Japanese competitive community. "Meh. I'm sure the other teams will find their flow in the rank matches. Then it'll be a real challenge." Welp, being topdog out of 900 or something teams back home and steamrolling over everyone in the invitational says otherwise. lol
  • Liking the spectator mode, but get's confusing with players are saying "Booyah!" and "Ouch!" I wonder if the other team can see an "Ouch!"
  • Get to view some of the other maps and hear a couple of different tracks.
  • Ah! My eyes!! Neon Yellow vs Aqua(Robin's Egg?) ink. So colorful.
  • Some interesting Octobrush ideas, like using the autobombs to flush out, trap, or pincer a foe, It's like a 1 1/2 vs 1.
  • Strange seeing Sloshers throwing out Suction Bombs while the Splattershots are throwing Burst Bombs. See what happens when Sheldon's not around?!
  • The Rainmaker resets to mid?
HI!! I'm an edit yall!
  • Humpback Pump Track is going to be ridiculous and amusing in any mode. Though we've only seen it in Turf War mode.
  • Sting Ray vs Sting Ray trades confirmed!
  • Wow, Deadbeat, the US team really got their flow going once rank mode kicked in!
  • The new Rainmaker blast will take some time to get familiar with.
  • Wonder if the Rainmaker reverse pushback maneuver still works.
  • Wonder how many current and new players will go Dynamo because of this invitational.

Last edited:

Ansible

Community Ambassador
That was actually fun to watch. Hopefully the runbacks of the Pokken Deluxe and ARMS invitationals will be just as thrilling.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Watched it from Nintendo's Youtube livestream. Now that it's over they're now slicing the invitational portion of the stream and posting it in parts to their account.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Mind me asking because oof, im exhausted and will be catching up some more tomorrow...but did the Dynamo have vertical air flick? That was my main curiosity as I was pretty sure I seen evidence of it in the weapon reveal.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Mind me asking because oof, im exhausted and will be catching up some more tomorrow...but did the Dynamo have vertical air flick? That was my main curiosity as I was pretty sure I seen evidence of it in the weapon reveal.
Yes, and the reach is amazing :D

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
I had preparations class for studying abroad in the morning so i couldn't watch the nintendo spotlight live.

I had driver's ed so i couldn't watch the tournament live.

;-;

The trailers were freaking hyped though. Super excited for metroid, oddysey, superstar saga and kirby. Gonna be catching up with the tourney tonight/morrow.

Still sad i couldn't catch them live that was hype as hell ;-;

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom