Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Bah, I see. I forgot all about that. And sorry if I've been slacking, just I feel somewhat dry towards Splatoon. It is me waiting for a long period, and then I will finally dive into it once it comes out. Right now I am investing so much time in Breath of the Wild that the two clash.

So I hope ya'll are okay with that, because poor lil' old me can do so much without a Splatoon 2 world.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
They confirmed that Splatfests are still returning, so this is likely a event that pops up between said splatfests within its own time frame period.
I just hope it's not a weekend only thing.
Wait a second...

Remember how Nintendo said that the "Phone App" for Switch voice chat and what ever let you schedule events..

What if we can look up upcoming Splatoon 2 events. Similar to a calendar system in MMO style game.

This is pure speculation.
But I have a feeling the the App in heavily intragrated in Splatoon2.
At least for competitive and event based modes.

As for my stance on the app I feel it is way better than a lot of press and youtubers think. Since the majority of them use Skype Discord...ect when they record. So really what is the difference...
I play a lot of Overwatch with my friends. And I have notification turned off on my PS4.
So if someone sends me a message or an invite to game I get it on my phone. Now the worst part of Sony's app is I need other apps to reply. And can't just hit a join button on my phone... but this seems to be what Nintendo is offering us. I'm all for it.

Sony's on console Voice app is pretty bad, I have been disconnected from my friends, or had they muted do to a NAT type error. That it has been this way since the launch of the PS4. I don't own an Xbox one so I can't say how that is, however if it uses Skype.... No thanks.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
DIE IN A FIRE BLUEFIN DEPOT
This is the one thing I'll agree with in terms of maps. Screw you, Bluefin Depot. Screw you.

What if we can look up upcoming Splatoon 2 events. Similar to a calendar system in MMO style game.
I'd be down for that. Then I'd actually be able to schedule when I want to be participating in certain events with my friends. Speaking of, they'd better allow for you to join a friend's room during Splatfests. That disappointed me in the original. Knew my friend was online, couldn't join because it was a Splatfest. Ya know, the one time everybody always looks forward too yet you can't look forward to it with your friends cause you'll never get the same server with them.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'd be down for that. Then I'd actually be able to schedule when I want to be participating in certain events with my friends. Speaking of, they'd better allow for you to join a friend's room during Splatfests. That disappointed me in the original. Knew my friend was online, couldn't join because it was a Splatfest. Ya know, the one time everybody always looks forward too yet you can't look forward to it with your friends cause you'll never get the same server with them.
They didn't allow joining friends cause you'd wind up with the turf equivalent of quad squads decimating teams that were paired more randomly :p It was a balance concern.

Last edited:

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
They didn't allow joining friends cause you'd wind up with the turf equivalent of quad squads decimating teams that were paired more randomly :p It was a balance concern.
Well I do agree with you. If they are that concerned they should let you play against other Grouped players. It makes me wonder what will happen with My Japanese friends.
Will I still be able to play with them?
Seeing as splatfests are regional.

There are a lot of Questions we just don't have answers to and the game is weeks away...

Also I wonder what the first splatfest will be. Something silly or something different. (Mario vs Luigi)

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Oiyeuyeuy lots to catch up on when I get back home!
@Torloth re: amino
I actually recently ordered callie n marie, which came in one box, up writing and all.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
Oiyeuyeuy lots to catch up on when I get back home!
@Torloth re: amino
I actually recently ordered callie n marie, which came in one box, up writing and all.
Well you aren't wrong I've only seen them in Japan as individuals... But they are indeed also sold in a two pack. 「アオリとホタル」
Waiting for Kimono Marie Amiibo.
Capture+_2017-06-30-09-24-32.png

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Oh, baby. Step aside ARMS. The Splatoon blowout commences.
Not to be a killjoy but this commercial doesn't reveal anything new, infact we already saw most of it in the Switch Summer trailer. I do think the inevitable info blowout is very soon though, I'm betting on a direct next week.

Also I'm disappointed in this commercial for not being meme worthy like "you're a squid now you're a kid now" was!

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Also I'm disappointed in this commercial for not being meme worthy like "you're a squid now you're a kid now" was!
I'll agree with you on that point!

Yet the commercial isn't new because it isn't to us, the initiated. We're already part of the club. The general audience--the majority--everyone else, this is all esoteric nonsense/curiosity to them.

Kabel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kabelly
Let's gooooo.
Edit: so the vid was boring and they said nothing really but full month of Splatoon vids so that will tide me over at least. Then the reviews, embargo lifts and then we get the game. :)

Last edited:

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
Let's gooooo.
Edit: so the vid was boring and they said nothing really but full month of Splatoon vids so that will tide me over at least. Then the reviews, embargo lifts and then we get the game. :)
Do we get League Battles with in the First month. That is my question

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Full month of splatoon videos, but will those videos have new content, or will it just be the Nintendo Minute guys playing the E3 demos and going over stuff we already know? Of course it's way more likely to be new stuff, but it's always good to be prepared for the worst!

I'll agree with you on that point!

Yet the commercial isn't new because it isn't to us, the initiated. We're already part of the club. The general audience--the majority--everyone else, this is all esoteric nonsense/curiosity to them.
Sure but new content and seeing something for the first time are two different things. Even though many are probably seeing Salmon Run for the first time through the commercial, it's still old news.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Footage from the commercial is old news to us. To the uninitiated or those that didn't follow along, this may be new content to them. Doesn't matter how long ago it was recorded. They may not have seen, known, or cared much about it beforehand.

The same will likely occur with the videos. Probably 101 stuff for the new, incoming, and lapsed audiences. Maybe get the new and old crowds on the same page. Then we complete the rest of the Splatverse tour all together.

We'll see what happens.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Footage from the commercial is old news to us. To the uninitiated or those that didn't follow along, this may be new content to them. Doesn't matter how long ago it was recorded. They may not have seen, known, or cared much about it beforehand.

The same will likely occur with the videos. Probably 101 stuff for the new, incoming, and lapsed audiences. Maybe get the new and old crowds on the same page. Then we complete the rest of the Splatverse tour all together.

We'll see what happens.
Uh not really sure what you're expecting by just repeating yourself, but my response remains, it's old news because it's old news. That some are seeing it later doesn't change the fact that the content has been revealed already. It's new to some people sure, but not new information in general, again two different things.

While you're right about the commercial having a more uninformed audience as it will be on TV reaching beyond their Youtube audience, these videos are going to be on the same Youtube channel that previous Splatoon 2 announcements have been on. I don't think there'll be many watching who haven't already seen the trailers, but for those who haven't, the trailers are right there. We'll probably still get a re-cap video for the convenience of having all the old info in one place, but hopefully just one.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
Uh not really sure what you're expecting by just repeating yourself, but my response remains, it's old news because it's old news. That some are seeing it later doesn't change the fact that the content has been revealed already. It's new to some people sure, but not new information in general, again two different things.

While you're right about the commercial having a more uninformed audience as it will be on TV reaching beyond their Youtube audience, these videos are going to be on the same Youtube channel that previous Splatoon 2 announcements have been on. I don't think there'll be many watching who haven't already seen the trailers, but for those who haven't, the trailers are right there. We'll probably still get a re-cap video for the convenience of having all the old info in one place, but hopefully just one.
This advertising is geared towards people that have never played Splatoon.
In fact I don't remember seeing a Single Commercial for the original game here (Canada *Happy Canada Day*).

Getting a bigger player base will help is loads of ways. So yes not much new information for the Enthusiast crowd but reaching a bigger audience is great. I hope Nintendo keeps this game updated for a long time.

jookie

Inkster Jr.
NNID
j00kieizm
I'm in Japan, there hasn't been any Splatoon 2 goods for sale yet besides the Tower Record collab stuff. A lot of stuff is for preorder. You can still buy the Callie/Marie amiibos as a set in stores here with no problem ( http://www.yodobashi.com/product/100000001003128177/ ) , they got restocked really quick. Splatoon 2 amiibos are still up for order, I haven't seen any sites with the amiibos sold out. A couple sites had bundles of the new amiibos, but they're the same price/set up as buying them separately anyhow.

I'm super hyped for the seven eleven goods. http://7net.omni7.jp/general/010007/170518splatoon

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
You can still buy the Callie/Marie amiibos as a set in stores here with no problem ( http://www.yodobashi.com/product/100000001003128177/ ) , they got restocked really quick. Splatoon 2 amiibos are still up for order, I haven't seen any sites with the amiibos sold out. A couple sites had bundles of the new amiibos, but they're the same price/set up as buying them separately anyhow.
Interesting with that for within Japan. I pray and hope that the Splatoon 2 Amiibos wont be too hard to hunt down and find...although it seems like Amiibo stocks have been better this past year so far. At least for most Amiibos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom