• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
Limited time periods are a bit worrying though. Maybe you can still order Annie's "custom" gear when you spot another squid wearing it in the Square, even when it's currently not being offered?
But we have Splatnet 2 (there was a splatnet?) And if I understand the Japanese tweet directly. It looks to replace spikes service. That is what Annie is offering but this time we can do it from our phones as well. (If I understand correctly)

tollock

Inkster Jr.
But we have Splatnet 2 (there was a splatnet?) And if I understand the Japanese tweet directly. It looks to replace spikes service. That is what Annie is offering but this time we can do it from our phones as well. (If I understand correctly)
Spikys service = different subs; is the same all the time
Annies service = different mains; different gears are being offered for limited periods of time

That's how I understood it.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
We definitely need more info on Annie's service. If nothing else, we'll only have to wait 14 days to find out for sure ;)

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/AAAAAAAAA!

Brings up a question, however.

I'm assuming that you can only own 1 piece of any gear,
unless... getting some gear with a new main counts as seperate gear?

Naaaaaaaaaaah probably not, if you could eventually own every piece of gear with every main ability
that would be a task and a half to sort through and get a specific outfit+abilities from a gear collection

PS: 14 days???

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
"A mobile battle booth "Ikas stand" that Nawabari Battle can enjoy on the spot. New launch opening, renewed according to the release of "Splatoon 2"! Besides being redesigned to 2 specifications, the design has evolved greatly, including the addition of a bucket shelf."
Oh hey, Nintendo's bringing these awesome things back! Too bad we'll never see them, but they look great!

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
Spikys service = different subs; is the same all the time
Annies service = different mains; different gears are being offered for limited periods of time

That's how I understood it.
Spike is sitting in what looks like A Cafe. Are they even offering anything this time?

For all the information we got there are still more questions...

Cyan

Inkling Commander
SplatNet is the site at the location of https://splatoon.nintendo.net, and was initially pushed out in Japan first to show the current and following 2 rotations, your friends' gear (and total turf covered with each weapon they've used), your weekly score for regular and ranked (wins, win percentage and some other factor in a maths equation), and during Splatfests you saw each other's Splatfest Power. You could also connect it to Twitter and send out Tweets at the weekend to form Squads, Private Battles or join Regular Battle lobbies and everyone following you would see the date and time you intended to play.

SplatNet 2 is an expanded version of that by the looks of things, and enables us to order gear off people we've played outside of the game, get extra rewards, gear with different main abilities and see the rotations for the next 24 hours rather than the next 2. Chances are SplatNet will receive an update and redirect you to Splatoon 1 or 2's Net based on your choice (just prompt which one you want to go to) and work the same as the app.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm very ccurious as to how this "new miiverse" works

I had to link my switch to a twitter account and also have the drawing posted to ssaid twitter inn order to post a drawing...
And how do these "yeahs!" "Fresh!"s factor in?
Will we be able to mass view drawings, or are we limited to what we see in-match and on our personal square?

Very strange, I wonder how well this splatoon post system will stand up if we don't have a way to directly comment on drawings/screenshots/etc.?

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Actually looking back at ranked mode there looks to be an extra slot in the ranking board for another mode, what that mode might be I have no idea, but there is most likely going to be at least 1 if not more extra ranked modes in splatoon 2

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Actually looking back at ranked mode there looks to be an extra slot in the ranking board for another mode, what that mode might be I have no idea, but there is most likely going to be at least 1 if not more extra ranked modes in splatoon 2
Maybe something they will add in through the free updates? Cause I'm honestly pretty sure we know almost everything about the base game coming out on the 21st (other than the story for Single Player) but I do agree that there will probably be another Ranked mode.

EDIT: Also, just saw this somewhere else, but what if Pearl and Marina are really evil and since Callie is currently gone (and Marie is too, out looking for Callie) and are basically key to the plot of how Callie went missing. Basically, they helped take Callie out of the picture, thereby taking Marie out of the picture, and basically dethroning the two in order to establish their own dominance over Inkling society and Inkopolis. And I mean, Marina is already an Octoling, and Pearl looks kinda evil so...maybe? Or, maybe it's just a crazy theory I found on the internet.

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I assumed the American n European Splatfest were one in the same as they have the same topic, but nope I just learned they are infact seperate and at completely different times. Here's the Splatfest times for each region, all on Saturday the 15th!

Japan: 4am-8am ET
Europe: 12pm-4pm ET
America: 6pm-10pm ET

If your region's time don't work for ya but another region's time does, just download the demo from that region's eShop (you need an account tied to that region to do this). Or if you're a Splatoon nut like me, download all 3 demos to play in each region's Splatfest!

Maybe something they will add in through the free updates? Cause I'm honestly pretty sure we know almost everything about the base game coming out on the 21st (other than the story for Single Player) but I do agree that there will probably be another Ranked mode.

EDIT: Also, just saw this somewhere else, but what if Pearl and Marina are really evil and since Callie is currently gone (and Marie is too, out looking for Callie) and are basically key to the plot of how Callie went missing. Basically, they helped take Callie out of the picture, thereby taking Marie out of the picture, and basically dethroning the two in order to establish their own dominance over Inkling society and Inkopolis. And I mean, Marina is already an Octoling, and Pearl looks kinda evil so...maybe? Or, maybe it's just a crazy theory I found on the internet.
I don't think Marie would be jamming along to their song if that was the case haha.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
I don't think Marie would be jamming along to their song if that was the case haha.
Fair point but if she doesn't know they had anything to do with it, then it doesn't really matter to her till she knows, right?

Again though, it's just something I found from someone else. Could be spot on, could be a million miles off the mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom