Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
For anyone who's wondering, I tested Respawn Punisher with a friend. This is hardly approximate, I'll leave that to others, but Respawn Punisher adds somewhere between a half-second and a second before the killcam activates the respawn timer appears, along with increasing special drain by about 20%. This applies to both the wearer and the people they splat.

This means it has no interaction with Quick Respawn, as that only affects the respawn timer. Not that anyone would use QR currently, but hey.

sushi

Inkling
NNID
andrewcrone86
Welp... I never thought it would happen but I finally saw the light. After 2 years of playing stick controls I am finally getting comfortable with gyro. I tried to use motion control on Friday for about 2-3 hours but I ended up turning them off again until today. Idk what was different this time from the other 10 or so times I tried in the past, but it finally clicked after about 15 mins of playing story mode before heading into work.

I think the main thing was me trying to use my whole arm to aim instead of just my wrists. I was moving the controller around a lot because of that and it was really difficult to aim. I finally realized that you barely tilt the controller with your wrist to aim lol... Now that I understand motion controls I like how fluid it is! I'm still not fully comfortable with it yet, but I can already feel the difference. I'll probably play through all the story mode with gyro when I get home from work tonight and I have the next two days off to practice!
I have also just moved to motion controls. Still getting used to it and I get confused at times ha. Still an overall better experience!

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Sadly, no. I miss those games. They should let you pop the game up in a window when you're waiting in the lobby. Although at least now you can futz around in the companion app while you wait.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Sadly, no. I miss those games. They should let you pop the game up in a window when you're waiting in the lobby. Although at least now you can futz around in the companion app while you wait.
R.I.P. Squid Jump. The only mini-game I was actually any good at.

D3RK

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6389-5985-3965 Username:「Derk」
Finally reached lv.24 to unlock the Flingza. It's not nearly as fast as the Carbon Roller like some of us thought. It feels like a regular roller as far as swing speed. However... the flick is basically charger range, reaching exactly 5 lines in distance. It only does 40ish damage though so it has a really slow ttk from far away. Gonna enjoy trying this thing out :D

It feels like a fusion of roller, charger, and bucket which is really interesting. You can fling it really high into the air and it still damages people when falling to the ground! Gonna try a build with thermal ink and see how well it hits people around walls.

Last edited:

Laskivi

Inkling
NNID
Laskivi
Random question: has anybody noticed a bunch of players with a square root symbol before their names? Or somewhere near the beginning? I've seen tons of them and I'm wondering if it's some weird trend or some really big team or something, haha.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Random question: has anybody noticed a bunch of players with a square root symbol before their names? Or somewhere near the beginning? I've seen tons of them and I'm wondering if it's some weird trend or some really big team or something, haha.
Get us a screenshot from the app, maybe? You can see everyone you've played a match with in your match results.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Fricking frock I stopped getting notifs

Please stand by as I review what I missed

EDIT: I'm back!
So only the Aerospray MG is available or…?

Last edited:

D3RK

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6389-5985-3965 Username:「Derk」
Thermal Ink on Flingza is about as annoying as I thought it was going to be lol. Really strong option on this weapon! Uploaded some gameplay for anyone interested in the weapon but not high enough to buy it yet.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
According to Nintendo Life, Splatoon 2 has sold 670,955 copies in the first three days of release over in Japan, and that's only counting physical copies! If numbers are anywhere similar elsewhere, we have a bonafide hit on our hands!

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
According to Nintendo Life, Splatoon 2 has sold 670,955 copies in the first three days of release over in Japan, and that's only counting physical copies! If numbers are anywhere similar elsewhere, we have a bonafide hit on our hands!
One might say that people are HOOKED on Splatoon 2.

*Loud booing*

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
...I think that joke is going to get you cooked.

*Dead silence*

...Okay, sure. Thats Tentacool.
You urchin for a pun war, mate?

Sorry, I couldn't container myself.

*Ahem* As creator of the thread I hereby state that each and every post must include a Splatoon related pun in it.

(Ya, no. Of course not. That's never gonna happen. Lol. Feel free to include them if you want to though.)

Last edited:

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
You urchin for a pun war, mate?
I'm inking about it....hmm.

....Nah....

*Drops in his own ink*

On a side note, I'm curious but what level is everyone so far? Im sitting at..I think LVL 14 currently? I play on and off, so...

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
I'm inking about it....hmm.

....Nah....

*Drops in his own ink*

On a side note, I'm curious but what level is everyone so far? Im sitting at..I think LVL 14 currently? I play on and off, so...
Still at lvl 37 in Splatoon. R.I.P. couldn't get to 50 before Splatoon 2.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Still at lvl 37 in Splatoon. R.I.P. couldn't get to 50 before Splatoon 2.

I'm LVL 39 on my Alt for Splatoon 1, I was hoping to breach into LVL 40 last night with some rounds...but nope. My main account sits somewhere in the 30's I think....Can't remember where. So don't worry- were LVL 30's pals. Hahah.

Leveling up in Splatoon 2 feels so fast though...at least in the early levels. I cant remember if it was like that in the first game or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom