• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sabeta

Inkster Jr.
Well, Trump had some aggressive tweets about Transgender in the armed forces, but that storm has calmed since and I don't think it's connected to Splatoon's latest meme trend. I think it's just a matter of people trying to blow the "I wish x was real" memes away. Like the rest of the Miiverse fads this too shall pass.

As for the weapon trickle. There's too many unreleased weapons for one a week. My thought is that we'll eventually get two new maps plus a blowout of weapons. Maybe add those extra two Salmon Run Stages and whatnot. Perhaps make it all concurrent with a splatfest for huge hype factors. Either way I think we'll see big updates on the horizon, and people who feel the content trickle is too slow right now will be singing a different tune once it does.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Yes, yes, yes, yes. So, I didn't mind that all the vanilla versions of the original guns from S1 weren't available from the start... I didn't mind at first. But that's only because I thought the weapon drops would be more frequent. Knowing that I'm going to have to wait anywhere between another week (not so bad) to another few months (very bad) for the gun I want is maddening. Now I've totally flipped on my initial, measured opinion -- the vanilla versions of guns from S1 should have been there from the start. That, even more than new maps, is what I find annoying.
Imo, I would've rather had it be so we had every single vanilla kit from Splatoon 1 in Splatoon 2 initially, even if it meant we wouldn't have some of the alt kits we started off with. (custom blaster, ttek, firefin, krak-on, rg)

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Imo, I would've rather had it be so we had every single vanilla kit from Splatoon 1 in Splatoon 2 initially, even if it meant we wouldn't have some of the alt kits we started off with. (custom blaster, ttek, firefin, krak-on, rg)
Yup. It's a really bizarre choice. I'm going to assume here that all the weapons from S1 come back. That's probably a safe assumption even without looking up datamining stuff. That's a lot of radically different play styles that people are USED to being able to play... yet they decided to do variations of the same weapons instead. Fascinating choice. A very Nintendo choice. Probably not the best choice?

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Yup. It's a really bizarre choice. I'm going to assume here that all the weapons from S1 come back. That's probably a safe assumption even without looking up datamining stuff. That's a lot of radically different play styles that people are USED to being able to play... yet they decided to do variations of the same weapons instead. Fascinating choice. A very Nintendo choice. Probably not the best choice?
DEFINITELY not the best choice.
Yes, every single weapon from the first game is coming back. No Sheldon's Picks found in the files, but every base weapon and it's alt is coming back.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
DEFINITELY not the best choice.
Yes, every single weapon from the first game is coming back. No Sheldon's Picks found in the files, but every base weapon and it's alt is coming back.
Indeed!

Ha, yeah. I have that one site open in a browser tab to check all the time. I was feigning ignorance so I could complain about the choice without hiding it in a spoiler tag. Shhhh... don't tell anyone. This secret is between you and me.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I'm okay with a weekly update rather than them completely dumping a bunch of stuff on us. Helps to stave off burnout? Though it feels kinda weasely when placed next to their message about a full year of updates. ¬¬

Though it would be better if they gave us two or three updates every week instead just the one!

Yeah, just a curious aside: why are there so many trans gender posts on splatoon2 anyways?

I don't follow news much, so it's very out of the blue for me,
and I haven't a clue as to how it's related to splatoon .-. (but I suppose this is memeboard with game included, so I guess no one needs any reason to post anything )
Yeah, what a difference 12~24 hours make. Last time I chilled in the Square my Splatverse posts were all the "I wish was real" musings and now it's almost entirely flipped to trans positivity messages, a couple anti-trans, then the furry and "I wish..." holdouts/leftovers.

This new non-Miiverse/Splatverse could get interesting as time goes on. Wish there was some better feedback mechanics for it though. Like the viewer and creator knowing how many "fresh" a post has received, knowing if your questionable post regarding tentacles got reported, knowing if you post is even being viewed by anyone, etc. Oh Nintendo~... -_-

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
The slow trickle of content is indeed annoying, but it's better than ARMS atleast, still waiting on a new character before going back to it. To be fair though there's no way they could add a new character every week.

I finally finished my L-3 Nozzle build so that really pumped me up for the game, but unless something more significant happens soon... daw who am I kidding, I'll never stop playing this game!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
The slow trickle of content is indeed annoying, but it's better than ARMS atleast, still waiting on a new character before going back to it. To be fair though there's no way they could add a new character every week.

I finally finished my L-3 Nozzle build so that really pumped me up for the game, but unless something more significant happens soon... daw who am I kidding, I'll never stop playing this game!
I hear ya, I'm just stockpiling money for future projects. I wonder what the ARMS playerbase is like now, Splatoon has to have taken a bite out of it.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I hear ya, I'm just stockpiling money for future projects. I wonder what the ARMS playerbase is like now, Splatoon has to have taken a bite out of it.
No kidding! I keep wanting to go back to ARMS but then I'm like "but there's Splatoon already in there and I've got actual in-game goals I'm striving for and I can find others to play with..."

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I feel like Arms was a relative success. I never ended up picking up a copy myself, but for the sake of it's niche fanbase, I hope it stays afloat. Most fighting games always dwindle down to the diehard fans, which isn't bad at all, I just hope that Splatoon 2 didn't kill it, and that ARMS still has something like a tight knit cult following that Splatoon on Wii U had. and the last thing Nintendo would need while they're on such a roll lately, is being discouraged to experiment with something as strange and unique as ARMS was.

GamemasterTom

Full Squid
NNID
GM-Tom
Well, we are getting a new fighter in ARMS soon (probably next week), the japanese twitter already tease the Candy-based character stage and 1 of his/her ARMS (a cyber-chield that apparently can counterattack), also there's a gif showing the actual character, but is done in a "secret" style so is all blurry and with static. Also, ARMS obviously will take more time updating, since most of the content is not on the game already (i think i'm not wrong with that), each update needs to be downloaded and is a lot each time (fighter, stage, 3 new arms and the compatibility for the rest of the cast)

Maave

Inkling Commander
I don't have any issue with the slow trickle. I figure it's them balancing the game in manageable amounts. Imagine the inkarmor spam we'd have if all weapons were available immediately, since more people would be able to pick their preferred main weapon with inkarmor special. Right now they're able to balance the weapons without opening Pandora's box.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well, I was gonna say that the update timing in Splatoon 1 was roughly similar to what we have now so far as weapons are concerned, but it turns out that's not entirely true. Back then you'd get them every couple days or so, sometimes getting two new weapons at once.

Thus, all I can say is, patience is a virtue. Best to just see how it goes from here.

And while I'm here... is Sub Ink Saver still as useless as it was before?
If you ****ers are gonna start a ****show at least let me know so I can get my two cents in

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I don't have any issue with the slow trickle. I figure it's them balancing the game in manageable amounts. Imagine the inkarmor spam we'd have if all weapons were available immediately, since more people would be able to pick their preferred main weapon with inkarmor special. Right now they're able to balance the weapons without opening Pandora's box.
I'd believe this if they were a bit more snappy about making balance patches. But as of now, they aren't, and there are a lot of things that (imo) need urgent fixing in the game. Also, we just wanted all the base weapons from the first game to be added, not just dumping every single weapon in all at once. I think we all know that'd be a bad idea.

OctoBlooper27

Inkster Jr.
NNID
itsmemil
I'd believe this if they were a bit more snappy about making balance patches. But as of now, they aren't, and there are a lot of things that (imo) need urgent fixing in the game. Also, we just wanted all the base weapons from the first game to be added, not just dumping every single weapon in all at once. I think we all know that'd be a bad idea.
what needs urget fixing i might ask

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
what needs urget fixing i might ask
the game's very low tickrate, if anything. It causes a lot of problems. Specifically rapid fire hits not registering when they need to, resulting in a LOT more trades or even splats getting outright denied when they should've gotten splatted. Also Ink Armor is EXTREMELY powerful because the game literally can not register the hits fast enough, resulting in Ink Armor blocking potentially 100+ damage before actually breaking. You can see this is things like tournaments where 1-3 armor users are extremely common, for example. Sting Ray also has an issue where the game can't register all the hits fast enough, making the special feel MUCH weaker than it should because it requires a lot more hitmarkers than it normally would.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Yeah, that's kind of annoying to be honest. Great job bringing the Squiffer back, Nintendo! Now could you maybe fix it so looking at league records after 9 sessions doesn't CRASH THE GAME?

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Yeah, that's kind of annoying to be honest. Great job bringing the Squiffer back, Nintendo! Now could you maybe fix it so looking at league records after 9 sessions doesn't CRASH THE GAME?
hold on, what?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
hold on, what?
See for yourself! Once you've done League 9 or more times, going to past records crashes to the home menu. It's an enormous glitch and they've known about it since near launch.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
See for yourself! Once you've done League 9 or more times, going to past records crashes to the home menu. It's an enormous glitch and they've known about it since near launch.
o_O No kidding...I've been afraid to do League cos im worried it'll be 2intense4me, but that's very weird to see there's a glitch like that still lingering around. They were very quick to patch out the 99 ticket exploit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom