• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the

Inkling Commander
I'm banking on third weapon kits, they have to in order to incorporate new subs n specials they said they were making. Course that would mean the third kits are more likely to have the new special rather than inkjet, but meh!
Wait, they said they were adding more subs and specials?

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Wait, they said they were adding more subs and specials?
Yeah back in the direct I specifically remember them saying more were in development. According to the datamine all the known weapons including brand new ones have only the subs n specials we already know about in their kits.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
I tried the E-liter post patch. It felt A little better I like the kit wish that mines did a tad more damage people even if they step on both.
But all and All I like it.. maybe I'll give the goo tuber another go. It felt very underwhelming compared to other chargers. I like some of the other kits more.

Squiffer is a little underwhelming but Great stopping Power.
I haven't seen squiffer as underwhelming. Something about it feels better to me than squiffer in S1. I'm really liking it. Though, we'll see if that remains once Bamboozler returns. I always "liked" squiffer, but bambi's speed and range always put it above for me.

So soon after I posted that I decided to check out the goo tuber, it has a slightly quicker charge, still a problem but less of one.
However the big difference I noticed is when charge keeping it seems slightly faster than most of the other chargers including the squiffer.
Improving It's niche definitely helped a lot more with close range if you charge keep. Though I defiantly feel it need a little more work to be very good cause if there is an option of a quick charge or a quick charge keep, most people will choose the 1st
There are moments that the goo toober seems like it would get you out of a situation no other charger can. But the problem is those moments are rare, and the other chargers are better for most other moments :P The IDEA is cool. But the ability to storm the tower toe to toe with a charger is only cool until you realize 40% of the shots you got with the other chargers are impossible with it :) I might mess with it more in TW though.

Wait I think I confused squiffer with blaster.....blaster has splashdown not inkarmor! I got caught a few times trying to do an SJ splashdown and ended up getting splatted from behind while ink was not showing up on the map :P But that's the first weapon I've actaully camped behind a wall watching the map waiting for a moment to SJ splashdown :) THAT was fun (if recklessly dangerous a few times) :P My team must have been wondering if I was AFK :P

Now that I've gotten pretty decent with the Inkjet it's become my favorite special, and I wont deny it's because of how ridiculously powerful it is hehe. Honestly I would say it's as good if not better than the Inkzooka. I mean it can actually paint, has better mobility, has splash damage which is especially good for hitting around corners, and can even somewhat function as a panic special with the sudden jettison into the air. It's a major shame there's no Slosher with it, especially when both the regular Slosher and Sloshing Machine had variants with Inkzooka back in Splatoon 1. Ahwells, guess the Enperry Dualies are my new main for now!

Yeah I don't like Splashdown on Gootuber at all, the main problem being the weapon has no follow-up after said Splashdown. I was hoping the Bamboozler would be the charger to get that special (or even the Baller) as it has a fast enough charge to take advantage of the space created, but alas!
Inkzooka and Inkjet have one thing in common for me: When any opponents has one, me and my whole team seem splatted with precision on every hit. When I have it I can empty the whole thing and MAYBE on occasion splat a squid. I just don't get it. :P I don't know why I can't aim it at all but everyone else can do so perfectly!

Wonder if bambi gets a bubble blower? Having your own defense screen could be cool :)

Spenstar

Inkling
NNID
SpenstarHD
Inkjet is AMAZING! It's so useful, and once you learn the nuances it becomes almost unstoppable. I definitely enjoy it more than the Inkzooka. Here's to hoping that a new Slosher type comes out with it, as the datamined Slosher Deco, Tri-Slosher Nouveau, and Sloshing Machine Neo don't have it. :(
Inkjet is a pretty decent panic button too. ;p
What are those nuances? I tried maining the Tenatek for a little while but really coudnt get the hang of the inkjet special

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Heads up everyone, we got another weapon coming back:

And also it looks like we may be receiving this later in the day, or tomorrow depending on the context of the date here:

I've been waiting so long for this sailboat level, it looks completely the most original of the newer levels than previously, and by gods I've been wanting a new map so badly.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Sweetness, can't wait to see how they buffed the Sloshing Machine, though it's unfortunate the Stingray hasn't been reworked yet. Also it's good to know bringing back vanilla weapons is still their top priority. I had feared the Forge Pro might signal the start of regular alt kit updates when we still haven't gotten all old weapons yet.

Wonder if bambi gets a bubble blower? Having your own defense screen could be cool :)
Not sure if that question is rhetorical or not so I'll put the answer in spoiler tags below.
It gets Curling Bomb/Tentamissles on the vanilla and Disruptor/Burst Bomb Rush on the MK-II. I can't decide which kit I like more, I prefer Curling Bombs over Disruptors, but Burst Bomb Rush is gonna be so good on this thing!

Last edited:

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
*That feeling when you're able to get the free ARMS Global Testpunch and play all weekend*

I mean, it's not Splatoon 2, but it is my second most wanted Switch game. Finally have something to do on my Switch for the weekend. Hopefully we get another Global Testfire soon for my sake.

Last edited:

the

Inkling Commander
Wait so is the sloshing machine returning in addition to the forge pro, or is the forge pro coming later? I forget if that lil update video mentioned a date.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Wait so is the sloshing machine returning in addition to the forge pro, or is the forge pro coming later? I forget if that lil update video mentioned a date.
Sloshing Machine (and Manta Maria) tonight, Forge Pro is coming next week.

Reactions: the

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
*That feeling when you're able to get the free ARMS Global Testpunch and play all weekend*

I mean, it's not Splatoon 2, but it is my second most wanted Switch game. Finally have something to do on my Switch for the weekend. Hopefully we get another Global Testfire soon for my sake.
*COUGH*COUGH*
Breath of the Wild

Award

I may have to concede that Zones is indeed awful. I played last night and despite all the terrible losing streaks in all modes, this may have been the worst. Shattered back to the ok line once and STILL did not manage to climb back up and out after the rotation. I was rotating through a ton of weapons, none of them worked, because any time I faced one enemy I was in firing range of 2-4 enemies. Part of it is the maps. My team were good killers, they had tons of kills, often more than me but half that of the enemy team, but what they weren't was good survivors. And they were even worse inkers. In many matches the entire map up to near our spawn was enemy ink, and the enemy was effectively positioned at all exits. How did this happen? Because my team would race THROUGH the enemy ink to go brawl. I would get few kills because I would spend the match painting the base and closing entrance routes....with a charger....and my team would endlessly SJ to me to go hop THROUGH the enemy ink back into the battle arena. In many cases we did not claim the zone once. At all.

Similar things happened in TC after, but that was at least redeemable. SZ was NOT redeemable.

Has anyone noticed a correlation that when Salmon Run ins running match balance in ranked is really really awful? Like your wins are all easy and your losses are all easy (regardless of which end you end up on?) I wonder if there's a gutting of the ranked player base when Salmon is running and it's causing trouble.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
For a moment I thought I was in the salt thread by mistake. My condolences.

Has anyone noticed a correlation that when Salmon Run ins running match balance in ranked is really really awful? Like your wins are all easy and your losses are all easy (regardless of which end you end up on?) I wonder if there's a gutting of the ranked player base when Salmon is running and it's causing trouble.
I keep noticing that theory popping up here and elsewhere. For both ranked and turf. Maybe, just maybe there's some mild validity to it?

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I may have to concede that Zones is indeed awful. I played last night and despite all the terrible losing streaks in all modes, this may have been the worst. Shattered back to the ok line once and STILL did not manage to climb back up and out after the rotation. I was rotating through a ton of weapons, none of them worked, because any time I faced one enemy I was in firing range of 2-4 enemies. Part of it is the maps. My team were good killers, they had tons of kills, often more than me but half that of the enemy team, but what they weren't was good survivors. And they were even worse inkers. In many matches the entire map up to near our spawn was enemy ink, and the enemy was effectively positioned at all exits. How did this happen? Because my team would race THROUGH the enemy ink to go brawl. I would get few kills because I would spend the match painting the base and closing entrance routes....with a charger....and my team would endlessly SJ to me to go hop THROUGH the enemy ink back into the battle arena. In many cases we did not claim the zone once. At all.

Similar things happened in TC after, but that was at least redeemable. SZ was NOT redeemable.

Of all the modes I actually find zones the easiest to climb but once you get to S+ it suddenly has a huge difficulty spike....probably cause if the person S+0 or S+99 they are still all considered S+.
I feel this will need to separated a little better (S++?) but we'll see
For me TC is awful may be because of maps but it feels like1 push then everyone pop special and hold the tower past the checkpoints, yet my team refuse to even get on the tower in spite of the wiping the team.
Though again it is during salmon run...

The big thing with salmon run is it is an easy way to farm abilities so people all jump into it leaving those who are either got all the prizes or those who could less left in the ranked game result in such polarized matches

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031

I've been having trouble with incompetent zones teammates in Pairs League, but I've found Rank to be pretty decent as far as zones is concerned. C ranks were a little touch and go because... C ranks... B ranks can be bad because you get people who think they're better than they really are, but ever since I hit A-, my teammates haven't been too bad.

However, I'm only A+ (in zones) at the moment, so maybe I can't really speak on this. It's possible that the tactics I've been seeing in A ranks feel competent against non-elite competition, but if I ever hit S rank, things will be very different.

I will say this... I was playing zones last night and Mainstage was one of the levels. I like this level a lot for RM and Tower, but less so for zones. I think I'd like it a lot more of it were a two zone level -- with one zone on the northern side of the stage and one zone on the southern side. It's probably a ME PROBLEM, but I've found the zone in this level to be the hardest to get back after a full team wipe. I'm sure I just haven't cracked how to break the defense, but who cares? I'll ask Nintendo to change the level anyway so I don't have to change the way I play.

Ansible

Community Ambassador

This just showed up in my Twitter, if true then is just a matter of time for the whole online experience to get even better

Wow~ if that happens... and it leads to a better "tickrate"... and we get some actual global matchmaking chances... what will players complain about when things don't go our way in a match? Beyond our teammates of course. :p

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215

This just showed up in my Twitter, if true then is just a matter of time for the whole online experience to get even better
Good catch! I followed up on this with a little poking around, this man does his research so I'm inclined to believe him. Also there's my excuse to not touch ranked for a while :P

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
Heads up everyone, we got another weapon coming back:

And also it looks like we may be receiving this later in the day, or tomorrow
I don't want to say "I told you so", but...
They've also released a different weapon class each week, so if they continue the pattern we should be getting either the Hydra Splatling or the Sloshing Machine next week.

This is pretty cynical of me, but I don't buy this. We've had things like this with plenty of evidence that ultimately amounted to nothing. (*cough* playable Octolings *cough*)

I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong though! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom