• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dog King

Full Squid
It's time! The bubble blowing beauty is here! Yes, the Forge Splattershot Pro is live! Pro mains rejoice!

Kabel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kabelly
Oh baby I'mma get Mcdonalds in honour of Japanese splatfest lol

Reactions: the

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So, initial thoughts on the Bubble Blower: it's the new Scrub Killer 9000. I've found that a lot of players will drop what they're doing and try to shoot the bubbles, whether friend or foe. Naturally, this leaves them quite exposed, and given the Splattershot Pro's good range, you can thus take them out while they're distracted.

...seriously, I had one match where an Aerospray RG just stood there firing away at it, completely oblivious to me firing at him from just a few feet away. It's amazing.

The other thing is that, unless I'm mistaken, the bubbles' explosions can chain together. So if you fire them all at once and blow up the last one, you just might be able to get some cheesy long-range splats that way. (Don't quote me on that, though; I need to test it again to make sure it can actually happen.)

Sabeta

Inkster Jr.
How's the Splatfest going for everyone so far? Here are my admittedly small sample sizes.
+Team Invisibiliy vs Flight has been the norm (as Team Invis). Either the teams are balanced or Flight won Popularity
+I've won 8 out of 10 matches, only one of which was vs. Invisibility.
+The Invis. Match was fairly even.
-Enemy Flight seems kind of weak most of the time. Both losses were caused by people refusing to pressure Mid and allowed themselves to be picked off along flanks. (Seriously, when Mid is also the high ground there's a lot of advantage there.)
-Of the matches which were fairly even, our team won due to late-game upsets.

I've been away from the game for two weeks or so while I binged Miitopia, and decided to pop back in real quick for the Splatfest. Shook the rust off in just two matches and have been having a blast since. Dualies were recently buffed, weren't they? I believe it was a small range buff? Either way they feel a bit better to use right now. As a random side-note: Anyone using a 4-Hit Splat (or more) weapon NEEDs to run Object Shredder IMO. Popping Ink Armor in one hit is critical to me winning vs trading. Since it helps against Sprinklers, Baller, and Beakons too it has more than niche use.

Spenstar

Inkling
NNID
SpenstarHD
I've been using a lot of the Tenatek Splattershot recently, which led me to ask a weird question: why does Tenatek only have one weapon to its name? Every other brand (forge, nuveau, deco, custom, etc) has multiple weapon kits apiece. What's the deal with Tenatek?

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I've been using a lot of the Tenatek Splattershot recently, which led me to ask a weird question: why does Tenatek only have one weapon to its name? Every other brand (forge, nuveau, deco, custom, etc) has multiple weapon kits apiece. What's the deal with Tenatek?
Because Tenatek Splattershot is the one true weapon you heathen! It shall have no other names!

But really, there's the Splattershot, Tentatek Splattershot, Heroshot Replica. The Wasabi Splattershot may make another appearance? So that's about three or four, including the story mode reskin.

Sabeta

Inkster Jr.
Splatfest is over for me, I hit Invisibility Queen. Here are the results for those who care.
  • 33 Games Played: 22 Wins, 11 Losses
  • Highest Invisibility Power: 1956
  • Lowest Invisibility Power: 1823
  • Final Invisibility Power: 1929
  • Total DCs: 3 (2 Flight, 1 Invsibility)
  • Server Status: Rocky (More in-game lag than used to, frequently dropped lobbies)
In other news, holy cow the Forge Pro is amazing. I liked the Pro before, it's got great range, accuracy, and power with one of the better pressure Specials in the game. A fantastic "Support" weapon to be sure, but the Forge Pro brings it to the next level. Suction Bombs let flush people out more easily and provides zone control that the Pro sorely lacked. Bubbleblower has more killing potential than the Cloud, but also offers enemies a chance to fight back. Still, in an objective based game having the power to dump a bunch of giant, distracting bubbles that can and probably will kill you if you let them is powerful. All the better for the Pro's long range allowing you to fully utilize the special.

I'd put the Forge Pro as a top tier weapon, which the default Pro already was. I'd say this one edges ahead just a bit over the standard Pro, but let's let the truly Fresh Squids tell us what they think before my own amateur opinion. The Bubbleblower special itself falls in line with the Bomb Rushes imo. It takes time for those bubbles to come out and more for them to pop. It leaves you vulnerable like most of them do. It doesn't really feel unfair, but in better hands than mine it might be monstrously good.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Every clothing brand only has one weapon to it's name, actually. Firefin Splat Charger, Forge Splattershot Pro, and so on. The others, like Neo and Custom and Deco, are more designations and labels than brands.

the

Inkling Commander
Things like "nouveau" "deco" "custom" etc are from weapon manufacturers, while tentatek (as well as forge) is a clothing brand. As far as im aware, any clothing brand with a weapon to its name only has one (forge has the forge splattershot pro, tentatek has the splattershot, krak-on has the roller, firefin has the charger, enperry has dualies, etc). While i guess things like nouveau and deco are more generic, non-brand-deal classifications given for alternate kits of weapons?

Sabeta

Inkster Jr.

*cough* the uh, Grizzco gear this month is looking pretty fresh.
In other news Team Flight won both battle categories and took the Splatfest. I had fun for the bit I played so I'm not at all bitter, but I kind of wish EU wasn't in the NA results. I want to know how my region is performing, not two regions.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
In other news Team Flight won both battle categories and took the Splatfest. I had fun for the bit I played so I'm not at all bitter, but I kind of wish EU wasn't in the NA results. I want to know how my region is performing, not two regions.
On the other side of the coin, this let people with friends on other continents team up for the splatfest, which I greatly appreciated.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Some slightly exciting news incoming (if it does any good :p):

Splatoon 2 v1.3.0 is dropping this week! A new balance patch is arriving and if what they said around 1.2.0 is correct from the translation this one will modify special weapons too. Hopefully they also adjust weapons in the close range tier that were ignored in previous updates (Splash, Tri-Slosher, .52 Gal etc.) and shake up the meta a bit better this time around. Obviously don't get your hopes too high until the patch notes drop, as this could very well just be as unimportant and irrelevent as 1.2.0 where nothing really changed. All eyes on Nintendo of Australia/New Zealand's site this Thursday!

VOCALOVER

Inkling
The Forge Pro is so fun to play. The suction bombs are great on it and I just love those bubbles to death.
They are fun to watch float around and are like flying RM barries until they either disappear or get popped and it's always surprising for me to see that my teammates managed to splat enemys with a bubble of mine that randomly bounced off anywhere else.

The Bubbleblower also provides a much greater distraction than I first thought, as in some matches, after I launched the bubbles, everyone would immediately start to shoot at them the moment they see one, ignoring anyone walking straight up on them and they might want to defend themselfes from aggressive squidkids dashing at them.

It's like two teams constantly shooting at the RM barrier instead of flanking the enemy.

Also, with enough special power+ these bubbles can get, like, really really big.
(sorry that I can't show you guys a pic but I don't know how to…)

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I haven't yet run into anyone using the Bubble Blower competently. Every once in a while I would spot a bubble bouncing along aimlessly, and that's about it. However, I've only run into them during the Splatfest so far, and it's probably better in Ranked.

I think it's hysterical that in the same patch, they fixed the issue where Blasters don't damage Stinger salmonids properly, and added the Sloshing Machine to Salmon Run, which suffers from the exact same bug! Hopefully they'll fix that this weekend as well as Tri-Slosher/Ink Armor balances.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Getting kills with the bubble burst is always fun, but I don't find them reliable in that regard. Mainly it's because they take a while to pop if you don't have a teammate to help you out, so they eat up time that could be spent doing something more worthwhile.

As a distraction tool, however, they get a gold star. Echoing what @VOCALOVER said, there's a noticeable tendency for players to drop what they're doing and immediately set to work getting rid of the bubbles. That usually provides enough time for you to either regroup or get the drop on them while they're not paying attention.

I'll be very surprised if this ends up being the patch that weakens the Tri-Slosher/fixes the various special weapons. It seems a little too soon for that stuff to be ready by now, though I'm open to being proven wrong.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Some slightly exciting news incoming (if it does any good :p):

Splatoon 2 v1.3.0 is dropping this week! A new balance patch is arriving and if what they said around 1.2.0 is correct from the translation this one will modify special weapons too. Hopefully they also adjust weapons in the close range tier that were ignored in previous updates (Splash, Tri-Slosher, .52 Gal etc.) and shake up the meta a bit better this time around. Obviously don't get your hopes too high until the patch notes drop, as this could very well just be as unimportant and irrelevent as 1.2.0 where nothing really changed. All eyes on Nintendo of Australia/New Zealand's site this Thursday!
Honestly above all else, the only thing I'm hoping for is a Stingray buff. :p

I just hope they can improve the special to make it more reliable like most of the other specials currently.

Also, with enough special power+ these bubbles can get, like, really really big.
(sorry that I can't show you guys a pic but I don't know how to…)
I saw this Japanese tweet someone posted during a stream one day on how Special Power Up works with the Bubble Blower special (I'm not sure if this is the max size though, but I think it is though).

As you can see, they can get pretty huge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom