• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Okay I see a lot of complaints about the tentabrella, but honestly it isn't all too bad took me a little while to work with. However, this is a pretty good weapon with a lot of utility from it's kit.
This weapon isn't a great offensive weapon, but excels in sustained pushes.
The shield allow for lots of protection during an ally special or when trying to finish a push.
Beacons allow you to get to allies quickly back into a battle that you can sustain a push and bubble blower add 3 extra shields to keep you moving in on a enemy zone or keep the enemy from pushing any further for a time.

Neither it attack nor the bubble blower special are used for offensive uses but rather just a extra benefit to defending your teammates.

Is it perfect....no a few patches would be useful, but this weapon can be a amazing addition to a defensive team comp just due to how well it can draw out a push

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
(Says as banging head against wall) Why! Do I keep! Missing! NOTIFICATIONS?!?!

Also, Europe got completely screwed over with that Splatfest theme.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
@Saber, too true. Yet other than the different loadout and larger shield of protection with more health that give it some heavy defensive capabilities, I'm not finding the main weapon itself not all that different from the regular brella itself. To me it just feels like a reskin of a regular splat brella with some "heavy class" drawbacks but hardly any of the "heavy class" benefits. I'm just disappointed that I'm not feeling a different identify from the weapon right now.

@SquidKid85, hardly ever played with my notification settings. From what I can gather on my current, default settings, you have to click on any singular notification a thread receives (like, tag, quote, reply, attachment, etc.) in order to continue being notified about the thread. However if your immediate notification flag lists multiple notifications on a single thread, you only need to click on one of those to continue receiving future notifications. Hope that helps.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Interesting, definitely better than what Europe's getting. I hope America gets their announcement soon, we're getting left out over here woe is usssssssssss! :scared:
Going by the pictures, I assume it's dodgerolling vs. Brella Shielding. I hope America gets that!

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
That's like 10x worse since almost nobody plays Brellas.

I mean, I'm guessing that it's about playstyles and not the weapons but people are still going to vote based on the pictures.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
That's like 10x worse since almost nobody plays Brellas.

I mean, I'm guessing that it's about playstyles and not the weapons but people are still going to vote based on the pictures.
Maybe brellas are huge in Japan. Although, I'm pretty sure, based on the Japanese people I've faced, rollers are the big thing over there.

Faced a tenta brella who was almost good yesterday in pairs league. He'd shield for his splattling partner, which was most effective when the partner was using the sting ray.

This wouldn't have worked nearly as well if our partners didn't fall for brella tricks so hard, but at least it shows that, with some moxie and voice chat coordination, a tenta brella can be not useless.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
@Saber, too true. Yet other than the different loadout and larger shield of protection with more health that give it some heavy defensive capabilities, I'm not finding the main weapon itself not all that different from the regular brella itself. To me it just feels like a reskin of a regular splat brella with some "heavy class" drawbacks but hardly any of the "heavy class" benefits. I'm just disappointed that I'm not feeling a different identify from the weapon right now.

@SquidKid85, hardly ever played with my notification settings. From what I can gather on my current, default settings, you have to click on any singular notification a thread receives (like, tag, quote, reply, attachment, etc.) in order to continue being notified about the thread. However if your immediate notification flag lists multiple notifications on a single thread, you only need to click on one of those to continue receiving future notifications. Hope that helps.
I know that, so I'm either disregarding notifications on accident or they're just not showing up.

R

RandomSquid

You know, I'm thinking the EU Splatfest is just a test from Nintendo to see if people really will just side with Marina because she's... appealing... by giving her the obviously wrong answer.

Watch the US get "If a dog wore pants" or the pronunciation of "gif"

Are you Team Gif or Team Gif? Head over to the pledge box to choose your team now!

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I'm hoping the reason we haven't had our Splatfest announced yet is because it's gonna be held the weekend before Halloween, with a theme matching the holiday. We could also just not have a Splatfest lel.

Also, I always found the Baller fun even back before the buffs when it wasn't very effective, so now that it is strong, it's my new favorite special. Sheesh I've gone from Tentamissles to Inkjet to Baller, I'm so unloyal! I think I'll stick to it this time though, especially once the Slosher Deco arrives in 3 months.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@SquidKid85
If you don't post for too long I've noticed it sends you into notification coma (techincally still there just not aware of anything), however if you like a recent comment within a certain amount of time that notification disconnect will reset

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Europe got completely screwed over with that Splatfest theme.
Don't worry about it, we're kind of used to it at this point :P. After so many weird themes in the 1st game I don't think we really care too much, it turned into a "what terrible theme will NoE give us this month?" guessing game, and it's always been amusing seeing weird things and the outrage from people on Twitter. As for this Splatfest, whilst the theme is arguably bad, it has the same thing going on as Pineapple on Pizza did, where there is a fair amount of controversy (pizzagate lol) and will be hotly contested. It also has the benefit of having some really nice ink colours (pastel pink vs pastel blue) and of course the new Shifty Station layout could add to the enjoyment factors. I just want the snails and for a theme like this I don't particularly care for the results, but getting on the Top 100 again would be nice. As long as we get more unique and varied ink colours across the course of the Splatfests in this game (2 years, so 21 left after this if 1 a month) than we did in the first (we mostly had Orange vs Purple and Purple vs Teal/Turquoise or 1 of those 3 vs something else) I won't really care for the themes too much.

I want to go Front Roll because that is obviously the correct answer, but chances are it'll be super populated and have slow queue times, and Back Roll could have faster queue times and has the better colour (if it's what I'm expecting, it might be my favourite shade of blue). I'm going to pop in and out of Inkopolis Square over the next week and pick what appears to be less popular (right now it seems Front has overwhelming popularity and support) closer to the time. I'm hoping that having one next weekend will set Europe up nicely for a Christmas themed Splatfest in December (then again being Europe that probably won't happen or it'll involve Coal for Christmas vs Fruit for Christmas :P) as we never got one in the first game, only a 2016 New Year's Resolution one. Bit rambly but those are just my thoughts on Splatfest themes and us in Europe :P

ultra777

Full Squid
NNID
crazydragon1000
This is a strange question, but when practicing in the shooting range, do you prefer to use ink saver or ink recovery for efficiency? I'm just stacking these to minimize downtime.
I use ink saver because you can just reset in training room to get all your ink back instead of waiting for it to recover.

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2

Sorry if this is old news but looks like the new Salmon Run gear for this month will be the Grizzco Hoodie. Looks the the Retro Gamer Sweatshirt back from Splatoon 1.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Quick question what is the optimal ability for grizzco?
I have ink saver main run speed and special up on previous gear, though had to use quite a few ability chunks to make them viable.
So I was hoping someone knew what abilites are more favored or just a good idea to have

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom