Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@MINKUKEL
I know it really doesn't belong in this list but it is a unique aspect of a really good weapon that has just about been entirely forgotten even though is is actually pretty good.

@Award
The funny thing is these are all weapons I use quite often even the CEliter 4k I use a ot and have had some success with

For example as much of a troll as the foil flingza is I have a lot of sucess with it on both the reef, starfish mainstage and Blackbelly (especially in RM and SZ), plus the tentamissle buff makes it a good choice sometimes (I still prefer the vanilla but for memes this is optimal)
Tentabrella is hard but it has success as long as you are a happy camper

Custom Eliter is the hardest charger to use but has the ability to support a team by providing a moving shield and explosive as well as beacons to get them back into a game quickly...it just requires you to take some risks

The inkbrush noveau. Okay so I had minimal sucess with this one I have seen some impressve player who used this weapon really well.

I feel there is a higher skill reliving to many of these weapons....mainly cause the kits work so much against them but at the same time they feel rewarding to play effectively, and prove to make some hilarius moments

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Forgotten? I feel like I see the Custom Jr almost every match these days. Earlier today I was in a lobby where there were 4 for a while!

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
@MINKUKEL
I know it really doesn't belong in this list but it is a unique aspect of a really good weapon that has just about been entirely forgotten even though is is actually pretty good.

@Award
The funny thing is these are all weapons I use quite often even the CEliter 4k I use a ot and have had some success with

For example as much of a troll as the foil flingza is I have a lot of sucess with it on both the reef, starfish mainstage and Blackbelly (especially in RM and SZ), plus the tentamissle buff makes it a good choice sometimes (I still prefer the vanilla but for memes this is optimal)
Tentabrella is hard but it has success as long as you are a happy camper

Custom Eliter is the hardest charger to use but has the ability to support a team by providing a moving shield and explosive as well as beacons to get them back into a game quickly...it just requires you to take some risks

The inkbrush noveau. Okay so I had minimal sucess with this one I have seen some impressve player who used this weapon really well.

I feel there is a higher skill reliving to many of these weapons....mainly cause the kits work so much against them but at the same time they feel rewarding to play effectively, and prove to make some hilarius moments
I have to take CELiter out more just for fun. I miss the ol' girl. It's just.....she's moody and unreliable most of the time.... :P

I think these "challenge weapons" can be "fun" and expert players can make them work......but the thing is most of them are VERY team dependent to be made to work. Sure if you're playing with Dude's crowd and everyone can be counted on to do their part reliably, you know how to use your teammates common sense to work your niche. Same can be said for Hydra, really. OTOH when playing with randoms you are utterly helpless if just one of them doesn't have focus and common sense. Which is virtually every match. :P

I can work nouveau pretty decently with trap mines. But if I have a single incompitent.....I'm helpless and quickly become the most incompitent. Chargers only really work if your team is a sufficient distraction to the enemy, and the enemy is focused somewhere other than on your aim. If your team isn't, the enemy can focus on you easily, and worse, two or more of them can. Similar to hydra, though with autobombs it can create it's own 5th teammate as needed for distraction :P

Foil....lets face it, it's just the bad flingza, and nouveau has a "fun" gimmick playstyle but is otherwise the bad inkbrush. And silver dynamo....who puts ink mines on a weapon that can't respond to them without delay? I know I know, you like that one.... :P

Chargers have a bigger problem though, that with lag, now without insta-kill where you think you're aiming isn't where the shot counts. I've seen shots hit of I shoot ahead, or right on, or trailing behind opponents depending on their network. On a long charge one chance to hit weapon, having a random hitbox based on player net connections kind of removes it from contention. Squiffer/tuber suffer less from that than their longer cousins due to shorter travel time. in a lobby without lag....the experience will be better. But I've seen too many times that a shot in the right spot does nothing, and equally as many that a shot in the WRONG spot gets the kill. That probably kills chargers more than anything. Every weapon deals with lag, but chargers can't cycle again, while blasters at least do some damage for the fake near miss. Tuber suffers from it somewhat, but less so, and it's mobility means I can keep the enemy dancing for a full minute before a teammate blasts by and finishes them off which is always fun :P

Speaking of hilarious moments, yesterday with hydra in skatepark, I jumped off the tower to get a roller....of course my shots missed him while falling.....so we're tucked in the corner, he's trying to roll over me in a circle and I keep spinning in a circle unloading the hydra, and neither of us get each other (finally he flicked and ended it) :P

Coricus

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4794-7152-2904

Coricus

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4794-7152-2904
Than this guy is ****ing huge:

Judd appears regular sized in one of the other Sunken Scrolls as compared to the Squidbeak Splatoon.

Either way, though, Judd's an immortal, sapient, reasonably dexterous pet of a crazed scientist with the means to put his pet into stasis for 10,000 years and keep a clone embryo stored with them juuuuust in case they got lonely. The cat ain't normal regardless, I can see it going either way between Judd being stylized or just mutant huge.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Brrrreaking news!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/splatoon-2-artbook-pearl-is-21-years-old-marina-18-years-old.8979/

We were discussing whether Inklings were human sized or squid sized in this thread earlier, right?

This seems to be definitive confirmation that they are, in fact, human sized.

Marina's taller than I am!

This also confirms that Marina is 18 and Pearl is 21.
Good find!
*looks at numbers*

Splat you america! Splat you and your refusal of the metric system, let alone to properly teach it!

Wow, when you have the actual numbers to look at, Pearl really is short. And so are the jellies.

I guess this means folk like Sean, Bisk, and Spyke are maybe above 6.6ft/200ish cm on height.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Wow, I thought Pearl was like 3 feet lol. She seems to have a normal height for women if they are human-sized.

Tofuvia

Inkling
NNID
GrudgeQueen
Switch Friend Code
SW-3972-9557-5781
Marina is 178cm which is 5'8
Pearl is 145cm which is 4'7

It isn't said in the English dialogue but it's p common knowledge Pearl is older. Though in the world of squid cod they have the most normal height, thanks, evolution.

Coricus

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4794-7152-2904
...If inklings are human sized, that means Sean and Bisk and Spyke are tall as hell and there's a LOT of oversized things in the world of Splatoon.
View attachment 5935
At least the first thing does a pretty good job explaining the second if you think about it. Tall people need tall objects.

It does mean that Splatoon is a world heavily populated by towering sea life, though. It would probably be pretty intimidating to a human LOL.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Anyways I am curious what weapon is releasing tomorrow, I am placing my best on the googla duelies

Though I would love to bet it to be the new squiffer or some other charger variant for more diversity

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
We haven't had dualies since the Dualie Squelchers, which came out way back in July, so I'm guessing it's going to be dualies-- probably a new variant since the Hydra was last week's weapon

Berry

Senior Squid
NNID
BlazzBerry
Anyways I am curious what weapon is releasing tomorrow, I am placing my best on the googla duelies

Though I would love to bet it to be the new squiffer or some other charger variant for more diversity
Nice time machine ya got there.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Meh, I was hoping for the Hy--wait, they actually did bring that out! Last week in fact. Really I was hoping for the that spy brella.

So what do they do? And am reading that right in that they have ink mine and ink jet?

the

Inkling Commander
Meh, I was hoping for the Hy--wait, they actually did bring that out! Last week in fact. Really I was hoping for the that spy brella.

So what do they do? And am reading that right in that they have ink mine and ink jet?
Custom hydra next week or we riot

Anyway, I’d like to see how OP/useless the carbon brella is (bc u know its gonna be one of those) but i’m also interested in how gloogas are, gun-wise. They look pretty heavy-duty, so i’m wondering if they’re gonna be like the Gal of dualies...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom