Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Mrgrgrgr~!!

The one weapon I really wanted this weekend, didn't expect, but got anyway... and I leave my Switch behind this morning!?

*mewls* That means I'm gonna miss out on the early evening shenanigans when it first releases. And I'll have to wait till Saturday to play. So unfair. So unfair.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Mrgrgrgr~!!

The one weapon I really wanted this weekend, didn't expect, but got anyway... and I leave my Switch behind this morning!?

*mewls* That means I'm gonna miss out on the early evening shenanigans when it first releases. And I'll have to wait till Saturday to play. So unfair. So unfair.
You got to dork it up last night though, surely that's a bit of consolation, haha. You've got some cover from the storm of new users that will be pouring down! ;)

Ansible

Community Ambassador
I don't understand what this "dork it up" means, but I do recall enthusiastically enthusing with enthusiasm last night though. :p

And I don't know which update changed the Splatverse drawing app's back out button to "Save and exit," but it not only saves your immediate progress in case of an accidental backing out, you can also shut down the game and console then return where you left off. Simple and obviously needed I know, but it still makes the UI/UX designer in me happy.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
With all the X-mas newbies AND a brand new weapon coming out?

It's going to be raining umbrellas
I've got S+ solo ranked west coast covered for insta new weapon play
I'm a law abiding citizen, who likes kittens, and community service, and rock concert mosh pits '3'

(Takes Green Waffles' winnings because I'm the owner of this thread and I can do that and then splats Green Waffles).
HEY
You'd better watch your step, else you may trip one of my ink mines, get marked, and one of my m8s will splat ya. . .

maybe ;_;

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Nice, closing out the year with a bang! (I hope)

I tend to gravitate towards the light/fast/short end of weapons, and I like the Splat Brella a lot, so this should be the one for me.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Now I get to cower behind my shield while I fire away with my weapon. Sounds good to me!

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
So a brella that keep it's shield, can see through the shield, can shoot while it shields, has splash down, and ink mine?!?!

This is honestly a really interesting weapon, I feel it is honestly a straight out of a spy movie.
It has terrible dps, dealing around (30 rng per hit) so going in guns blazing is usually a mistake.
Combining this though with the opening of the brella deal a huge burst of damage, and if timed into a inkmine can easily melt an unsuspecting enemy.

However this means that you need that you are forced to sneak up on enemies, and create setups and traps for you and your allies to take advantage of.

I personally feel that ninja squid and ink mines are great since you can either use this to combo though not great or to single out and enemy to hunt and burst down.
Overall it is a decent weapon, one that should find a unique spot in some team comps. that I am personally curious to see

Ansible

Community Ambassador
(Well gee~, a brella with ink mines. Maybe we should call it the @Saber Brella? :p)

If someone is accustomed to or a fan of brellas, they might not like this one.

Unlike the other two it seems this brella really requires aiming!

Max base damage is -40hp. Slightly off and you'll barely reach that amount. If you wing them you can get up to -30hp. And if you're off it's -20hp and below. And the ink profile/trail of each shot is so thin and precise that there's hardly any spillover. A clean shot, all your ink gets on them. Anything less and the ink travels past them. So there's hardly chance of inking your opponent's feet unless you're really aiming at their feet. And even then, the thinness of each shot makes it difficult to throw a lot of ink at someone's feet. And the thinness also makes shooting upwards to rain down chip damage wholly ineffective.

Canopy/shield strength I'm guessing is 100~200hp, but I'm personally leaning towards less than 150hp as it feels like it has the of a sheet of 1-ply toilet paper in a diarrhea storm. Meanwhile "shield bashing" does only -15hp as opposed to -30hp like the Splat Brella and Tenta Brella. And both of these faults pretty much render the tactic of shot damage into shield bash almost nonexistent.

Yeah, this brella is gonna require a different style from me as I'm unable to really protect anyone with it and I can't take point or decoy in a push. Thus far I'm getting mixed results using it as a wannabe sploosh, creeping like a Splat1 carbon, and hit-n-run ink mine baiting. 's all a work in progress. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The shield is probably more durable than 150hp, from what I've experienced so far.

I can't quite seem to get into this weapon, but I've seen some highly effective users of it already. It shoots kind of at the same speed and range as the normal Brella, and yet I'm having quite some trouble getting hits in. Doesn't help that it's a pretty weak weapon.

Flair

Inkling
NNID
Pizzi318
The new brella is beyond cheap. I'm using it now and it and it's just a joke that you can hide behind a shield and fire through it without missing a beat. This would be the ultimate weapon if it had more damage.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
@H0kag3_ , Whew! For a moment there I was concerned when I saw Smaack's name at the top of the board. There was a match where he was nearing 30 splats ("Dude, chill!"), the rest of us couldn't make it to 9, and the other team... the other team could only respawn. Respawn and respawn and respawn, until Judd finally called the match. Those poor squids...

Hopefully I wasn't being too much of an annoyance as I spent many Manta Maria Clam Blitz matches sharking around the basket, using the free power clam as bait, and pirating clams strewn about or from anyone I shanghaied. And I might vaguely recall you in the sense that for the entirety of Clam Blitz and Splat Zones beforehand I was given nothing but sass and backtalk from every mini splatling I engaged. Ugh, so many missiles...

H0kag3_

Inkling
@Ansible You weren't an annoyance at all! As a splatling type user, I found it pretty odd that I never used the mini or hydra at all, especially on clam blitz. The new brella is proven to be a bit of a challenge against my take on the mini, so that's something to note at least. As for that Smaack guy, I'm just glad that I didn't get spawn camped.:rolleyes: I even packed a bit of quick respawn since I'm so good at dying :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom