Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
Oh man, that means the Walmart bundle will remain exclusive. (I guess if you really want pink right and green left now is the time to purchase.) Nintendo sure knows how to keep items as a collectible commodity.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Global makes me interested in splatfest. Splatfest makes me uninterested in splatfest. Decisions decisions....may actually skip this one. The last two burned me out on the fest grind!

Ansible

Community Ambassador
And~~~~ new stage for the splatfest!

I don't remember what this place was called back when they teased it during the 2.0 announcement but my google translate says "Devon Oceanographic Museum" as the name.

Someone please correct me on this.
Shellendorf Institute, thank you @Mar$el!

Last edited:

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Well, guess I get to announce the two items, yes? I sure you've heard about them elsewhere but I'm gonna post them here too. :p

First splatfest of the new year is next week, Action vs Comedy. And it seems like it'll be global. :scared:

Meanwhile, it looks like we'll finally be getting the green and pink joycons this month in the NoA region--but Nintendo is gonna Nintendo :rolleyes:, so unlike every other region and all Splatoon 2 bundles with green left and pink right joycons, NoA will have pink left and green right joycons! :confused:
Aw jeez, I've gotten into the habit of picking things up RIGHT before NoA releases it for us. It started with the smaller New 3DS with faceplates; initially NA only had the New 3DS XL, so when they dropped the smaller one I immediately bought it, ugly Animal Crossing faceplates and all. And THEN they release the same smaller 3DS with Pokémon Red and Blue installed on it. -and now it's the Joy Cons! My boyfriend went out of his way to grab me a set from Japan for Christmas.

Oh well, mine are just extra special then.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I have been gone so long....studying Networking, but I am almost done.
Anyways, I am excicoted to see the shelldorf institute finally making it into the game, honestly I almost forgot about this stage, looks like the top will be optimal for chargers and flanker where as lower levels will be be betters suited to mid to close range weapontry, personall buckets and range blasters will be very good on this stage simply for being able to hit players above, but like flounder heights I feel a good charger on top can easily decide a match on this map.

Also bee noticing a rise in QR especially among players from JP server who I meet.
Trying it out I do feel that (1 main) QR does have a slight advantage in 2 aspects
1. Tenacity, this ability rewards you for your ability to stay alive, and I honestly was able to get off alot more specials than average
2. Weapons with low DPS,or low kill rates, these weapon will frequently get wiped especially in a heavy push, but deals slight damage allies can follow up on and let's you get back into the fight quickly so you and team regain control

This QR is a far cry from the original, but it can prove be a very useful ability to keep in mind.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
Shelledorf looks cool, I can't wait to try it out. I love how each of Splatoon 2's map take place in a specific location. We've got a grocery mart, a ship, and now a musuem! Anyone else find it though weird it wasn't brought up in today's direct?

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Shelledorf looks cool, I can't wait to try it out. I love how each of Splatoon 2's map take place in a specific location. We've got a grocery mart, a ship, and now a musuem! Anyone else find it though weird it wasn't brought up in today's direct?
It's not really new info, plus it's been shown off a fair bit already, so there really wasn't any reason to highlight it in the Direct. I did expect SOME S2 news to come out of it. It was still a great direct without that though.

Anyway, this new stage is awesome. I've had some very intense moments in the middle/lower area. And it's one of the coolest looking stages by far.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
So what do we have to look forward to?
Well, this weekend's weapon is the Dapple Dualies Nouveau with Toxic Mist and Ink Storm!

But that's not all! January 17th we'll have a 2.2.0 update!

The Squidboards twitter account retweeted Go Nintendo's article tweet where he posted an English fan translation of the patch notes that was posted on Pastebin:
MAIN WEAPON PERFORMANCE

Splattershot Jr. / Custom Splattershot Jr.
· Now paints at the feet easier

Dynamo Roller / Gold Dynamo Roller
· Maximum damage of horizontal swing and vertical swing: 150.0 → 180.0
· The distance of damage from a horizontal swing increased by about 21%. Does not affect distance where damage is over 100.0.
· The distance of damage from a vertical swing increased by about 11%. Does not affect distance where damage is over 100.0.

Flingza Roller / Foil Flingza Roller
· Widened the painting radius of the vertical swing.
· The distance of damage from a vertical swing above 100.0 damage increased by about 11% and extended the distance of damage that can do above 50.0 by about 13%.

Inkbrush / Inkbrush Nouveau
· Increased movement speed while swinging the brush by 67%.

Classic Squiffer
· Increased charging speed while in the air by 100%.

Bamboozler 14 Mk I
· Increased charging speed while in the air by 100%.

Goo Tuber
· Increased the overall damage when not fully charged by about 63%. As a result, the damage of 100.0 or higher can be obtained at 71% charge now.
· Reduced the velocity distance of the bullet just before a full charge by about 5%.

Slosher / Slosher Deco / Hero Slosher Replica
· After shooting, the time of restricted movement is shortened by 4 frames.
· Painting radius increased closer to the feet and slightly further.

Heavy Splatling / Heavy Splatling Deco / Hero Splatling Replica
· Damage increased: 28.0 → 32.0

Dapple Dualies / Dapple Dualies Nouveau
· Slightly expanded the hitbox calcuation between bullets and players, making it easier to hit players.
· Reduced ink consumption by about 17%.
· Reduced dodge roll movement lag for using shooting and sub-weapons by 4 frames.

Splat Dualies / Enperry Splat Dualies
· Slightly expanded the hitbox calcuation between bullets and players, making it easier to hit players.
· Reduced dodge roll movement lag for using shooting and sub-weapons by 4 frames.

Glooga Dualies
· Reduced ink consumption by about 11%.
· Reduced bullet shake just after shooting.

Dualie Squelchers

SUB WEAPON PERFORMANCE

Splat Bomb
· Reduced blast radius of damage over 30.0 by 13%

Suction Bomb
· Reduced blast radius of damage over 30.0 by 11%

Curling Bomb
· Increased delay of ink recovery after using the bomb by 15 frames
· Reduced blast radius of damage over 30.0 by 13%

SPECIAL WEAPON PERFORMANCE

Curling Bomb Launcher
· Extended duration of the special by 40 frames.

Bubble Blower
· It is now much easier to destroy a bubble when it is smaller.

MAIN WEAPON SPECIAL POINT GAUGE PERFORMANCE

.52 Gal ................... 190 → 180
Custom E-liter 4K ......... 180 → 170
Custom E-liter 4K Scope ... 180 → 170
Dualie Squelchers ......... 190 → 180
Tenta Brella .............. 180 → 170

N-ZAP 85 .................. 190 → 210
Forge Splattershot Pro .... 180 → 200
Flingza Roller ............ 180 → 190
Foil Flingza Roller ....... 180 → 190

Award

I have been gone so long....studying Networking, but I am almost done.
Anyways, I am excicoted to see the shelldorf institute finally making it into the game, honestly I almost forgot about this stage, looks like the top will be optimal for chargers and flanker where as lower levels will be be betters suited to mid to close range weapontry, personall buckets and range blasters will be very good on this stage simply for being able to hit players above, but like flounder heights I feel a good charger on top can easily decide a match on this map.

Also bee noticing a rise in QR especially among players from JP server who I meet.
Trying it out I do feel that (1 main) QR does have a slight advantage in 2 aspects
1. Tenacity, this ability rewards you for your ability to stay alive, and I honestly was able to get off alot more specials than average
2. Weapons with low DPS,or low kill rates, these weapon will frequently get wiped especially in a heavy push, but deals slight damage allies can follow up on and let's you get back into the fight quickly so you and team regain control

This QR is a far cry from the original, but it can prove be a very useful ability to keep in mind.
SALT IS: When you keep getting wiped by a super player and notice he's wearing a full stack of QR...... :P

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
So what do we have to look forward to?
Well, this weekend's weapon is the Dapple Dualies Nouveau with Toxic Mist and Ink Storm!

But that's not all! January 17th we'll have a 2.2.0 update!

The Squidboards twitter account retweeted Go Nintendo's article tweet where he posted an English fan translation of the patch notes that was posted on Pastebin:
I love these buffs, flingza and dynamo getting a buff to the vertical flick will definetly make playes think twice charging these players giving them a little more room to move around

Dulies buff makes it a little easier to roll w/o worrying if your shots will land and is a great quality of life buff overall
Especially for the googla who also got the ink consumption and rng reduced (maybe it will be viable now)

The inkbrush I don't feel is neccesary considering how prevalent it is in CB as well as it's already great mobility but I guess it will make attacking feel a lot less risky

However the chargers are the one that interest me the most
Squiffer and bambi being able to full charge midair has been greatly improved allowing you to charge while dropping down or even get midair snipes while hiding your laser.

Goo tuber though.......this is now the only charger that can kill with a partial charge, and store that partial charge as well.
The goo tube might actually become a viable pick with all these buffs

@Award, look at how far we have come....from the bottom of meta to now a decent option to use

Award

I love these buffs, flingza and dynamo getting a buff to the vertical flick will definetly make playes think twice charging these players giving them a little more room to move around

Dulies buff makes it a little easier to roll w/o worrying if your shots will land and is a great quality of life buff overall
Especially for the googla who also got the ink consumption and rng reduced (maybe it will be viable now)

The inkbrush I don't feel is neccesary considering how prevalent it is in CB as well as it's already great mobility but I guess it will make attacking feel a lot less risky

However the chargers are the one that interest me the most
Squiffer and bambi being able to full charge midair has been greatly improved allowing you to charge while dropping down or even get midair snipes while hiding your laser.

Goo tuber though.......this is now the only charger that can kill with a partial charge, and store that partial charge as well.
The goo tube might actually become a viable pick with all these buffs

@Award, look at how far we have come....from the bottom of meta to now a decent option to use
Wow, I go full Mario Odyssey addict for a few weeks and the devs figure out S2 needs to be fixed. Imagine what they'll do by the time I'm done Rabbids! :P

Goo tuber and partial....that's just waaay too awesome to ignore. Flingza getting a buff too....that's a shock! Remember I said waaay back in September to remember that we liked these things BEFORE they were cool! :P

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Glad to see Gootuber is still getting buffs. Shorter effective charge time has been on my wishlist for a good while.

Now could be a good time to mess around with Dynamo and Flingza again

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
So I have heard rumors going about lately that there is a potential full length direct coming within the next 20 or so days.

The theory is based off the timining of previous mini directs and number of days between the full and the mini never exceeding 20 days...
Again it is just a rumor and I am still skeptical, but it could line up with and update video on further info about what it is coming to the game, that is in arrowana is added within the next 2 weeks.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Meanwhile, it looks like we'll finally be getting the green and pink joycons this month in the NoA region--but Nintendo is gonna Nintendo :rolleyes:, so unlike every other region and all Splatoon 2 bundles with green left and pink right joycons, NoA will have pink left and green right joycons! :confused:
Creator's intent! Pink on the left and Green on the right is the proper order of the Squid Sisters! We got the true order. :cool:

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
What a great day for my wifi to be busted. It has seriously not been this bad EVER, and it's during a Splatfest I was really looking forward to. And it's been like this for the last two days or so, so there's no way it'll be better by tomorrow morning.

I did two matches (both losses), so I'm still in the first rank :(
So I have heard rumors going about lately that there is a potential full length direct coming within the next 20 or so days.

The theory is based off the timining of previous mini directs and number of days between the full and the mini never exceeding 20 days...
Again it is just a rumor and I am still skeptical, but it could line up with and update video on further info about what it is coming to the game, that is in arrowana is added within the next 2 weeks.
Nintendo Directs have changed and a 'mini' is now content-wise not like the mini directs in the past. Minis where always something small focused on one game or something like that, but this was basically just a normal Nintendo Direct but in that quick style that they've done since Iwata's passing. What we got a few days back was a full direct when it comes to content.

Plus, the last Mini before this one was in 2013, so it's not comparable at all.

Award

I decided to play Splatfest after all on team Comedy (last minute decision) and it was probably the best, easiest, cleanest to play fest I've seen since the whole "fest power" thing was introduced. I got to royalty swiftly and reasonably easily and not once felt the need to scream unending strings of obscenities at the screen, thus marking the first splat-fest since March 2016 in which that is the case. Only got to Champion on my alt this time since I was busy and didn't have time for it all.

What a great day for my wifi to be busted. It has seriously not been this bad EVER, and it's during a Splatfest I was really looking forward to. And it's been like this for the last two days or so, so there's no way it'll be better by tomorrow morning.

I did two matches (both losses), so I'm still in the first rank :(

Nintendo Directs have changed and a 'mini' is now content-wise not like the mini directs in the past. Minis where always something small focused on one game or something like that, but this was basically just a normal Nintendo Direct but in that quick style that they've done since Iwata's passing. What we got a few days back was a full direct when it comes to content.

Plus, the last Mini before this one was in 2013, so it's not comparable at all.
To be fair, this mini was put out after half the content was already leaking so it may genuinely be a mini rushed to plug the leaks and make it official. It didn't even include a presentation from Koizumi, it was all just voiceover and much less formal. It didn't even cover the Bayo 2 port.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
I completely missed this splatfest, it was a pretty long day for me. How was this Shifty Station?

Award

I completely missed this splatfest, it was a pretty long day for me. How was this Shifty Station?
Shifty was pretty good this time. Confusing but decent. The gimmick was invisible platforms. So once you play it a few times and learned the layout it was a good map with a lot of scaffolding creating an "overpass" in the center. There were moving walls that opened and closed areas. they were invisible. And inkable. Overall pretty good, but it caused some chaos as people that haven't played it dropped in without knowing there were pathways there. I don't know if it was one of the best ones but it definitely wasn't one of the worst ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom