Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Glad to see the Aerosprays get unnerfed. The problem with them was that they racked up Special too fast, which can be tweaked separately.

Accuracy on the .52's... Not sure they needed it (perhaps they meant to tweak the .96 instead?), the Deco was popular enough. I should give it another go, though, especially with the buff to Baller maneuverability, it was one of my mains in S1. Same for the Dualie Squelchers; my main problem with them has always been inaccuracy.

Probably going to go back to the Jr. for Splatfest, though. I did well with the Sloshing Machine, but even faster Ink Storm is tempting.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
I wonder if the carbon’s buff will cause it to overshadow the octobrush? If it becomes better at quick assassination than the octobrush, and they both have autobombs, then that inkjet buff had better be real good.

That’s all conjecture though, because the carbon might still be bad at killing.
The run speed wasn't changed, so It's still going to be the super wide "Tank-like" roller. The OctoBrush is faster and smaller, you're a bit more agile with it. Carbon feels like I'm a streetsweeper on the widest street on the planet. I think the more powerful vertical sweep is making it a more defensive weapon. I could however totally see myself using it on Clam Blitz. Picture this: Using the wide width of the roller to keep our goal splatter with our ink, and using the new more powerful Vertical sweep to fend off any enemy squids. It could be strong enough to take out those pesky sneaky power-clam-wielding players.

Windstar

Pro Squid
Or demand for a beakon + splashdown kit! *cackles*
I made some hypothetical Sheldon text for ya!

"Despite its name, the Chocolate Splattershot Pro unfortunately doesn't contain real chocolate, so I recommend you don't try and eat its contents! Instead, this is a more team-supportive variation I have created, as the Squid Beakons will make you the most valuable player on your team! And when you see a teammate across the map about to bite the dust, you can super jump over with the Splashdown to help them out! This set is ideal for a squid who likes to support their allies on the front lines!"

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
FINALLY PATCH NOTES

I'VE BEEN WAITING ALL MONTH FOR THIS.
Alright, let's get started, where's that N-Zap nerf? Or at least an armor nerf / rework. What do you mean there's no adjustment to ink armor? It's been N-Zap meta for 2+ months now. ugh, I can't wait to face more ink armor later.

Apart from that, this patch looks pretty good.

Buffs to the inkjet are very appreciated, I don't see inkjet completely taking over the meta because it takes skill to aim and use effectively. And maybe now the tentatek's ridiculous 230p for inkjet will finally be worth it (it probably won't though).

Baller buffs? I guess that's cool. It'll probably help make the baller feel more maneuverable. Not sure about "game changing", it's probably so meta slaves can use an excuse to use something that's fun.

L-3 and .52 seem to be the"big winners" this patch. Honestly though, I don't think the .52 needed a buff in any context. It's still a respectable main weapon. So, I guess we'll see more .52. Not sure about the L-3 since that takes time and effort to learn (something most people don't put forth these days).

The Clash fires a bit faster? Honestly, it didn't need much of a buff or a nerf. But I guess it'll be easier to hold ZR and kinda look at the enemy to kill them.

H-3 no rng in the air? Okay this is big. Just wait until the kit isn't garbage, and maybe we'll see a weapon people will actually put some time into. Just because no rng in the air is something I've been wanting since splat 2 was released.

Tenta missle buff? It's cool, since you don't automatically lose to a stingray now. (And stingray has been able to go into squid form since the start of the game) so this is fair.

Aerospray buff? Finally. That was the dumbest nerf I've ever seen in my life. Why didn't they just nerf the points to special in the first place. The silver aerospray was never a problem.

Beacon buff? I guess that's cool? If the radius is big enough, I think it'll be a worthwhile buff. However, it probably won't get utilized if the beacons are in a safe place.

Mini, less white ink. And for hydra, a longer duration for firing... Uhh. I don't think these weapons needed that. They need run speed nintendo. Hydra is already a noob shredding machine, so increased fire doesn't help out much. Maybe that extra duration will help the hydra melt through the rainmaker shield faster, and help with killing people more often with fall off? I don't know, I don't play splatling darn it. I play my area of effect weapons and destroy people who hide from me.

Everything in this patch looks pretty good. I just hope the new buffed options will help bring some diversity into the metagame, just because it's been N-Zap 85 and Vanilla Blaster for the past 3 months.
Also REJOICE CARBON MAINS

Seriously though, you guys deserved it.

Last edited:

zzmorg82

Pro Squid
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch Friend Code
SW-2476-2506-3411
I love using stick controls.

OT: The patch notes are interesting; need to see how these buffs play out for these weapons.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
Aren't you talking about the Dynamo?
Whoops. I actually was, I completely forgot the Carbon existed and was completely different. Well there goes my hyped up Dynamo patch. Welp. (Two years of Splatoon and I still can't remember the names of all these weapons.)

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
And for hydra, a longer duration for firing... Uhh. I don't think these weapons needed that. They need run speed nintendo. Hydra is already a noob shredding machine, so increased fire doesn't help out much. Maybe that extra duration will help the hydra melt through the rainmaker shield faster, and help with killing people more often with fall off? I don't know, I don't play splatling darn it
It makes it that it fires for even longer than what it was in Splat 1; 3.6s/55 shots in Splat 1, 3.2s/49 shots in Splat 2, and it goes up to 4.03s/61 shots post patch
It helps slightly with painting, dps a.k.a fighting Bubbles, and the Rainmaker Shield, that extra 0.8 seconds of fire will help for putting pressure even more and partial charges will be slightly quicker (since the same amount of charge will let out more shots, you'll need less charge to get the same amount of shots post patch)
Not what it really needs It honestly needs a Run Speed buff more than anything else right now but it's something, and we take those I suppose

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
A few personal notes from last night after a bit of Turf War and twin Rainmaker League:
  • Carbon Roller is feeling a little better. Not classic Splatoon 1 levels better but swinging it no longer feels like a cry for help.
  • Clash Blaster might is a little more annoying as those three indirects feel a touch faster and you have to be quicker to escape the fourth.
  • Baller handles much more smoothly! It's no sports car, but the increased maneuverability makes rolling around or chasing others down much much more enjoyable. >=)
  • E-litres will take some readjustment because I kept underestimating their range and the increased speed meant my dodges couldn't be as lazy as they normally are against one.
  • Inkjet maneuverability looks like fun (I'll have to try it with the gloogas or gooey custom sometime =p ) and it'll require a little more aim to shoot down. Especially when you enjoy shooting down inkjets for sport with a Sting Ray! *is a jerk*

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I got Rocket League recently but have barely played it thanks to this game. Looks like that wont be changing anytime soon. D:

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
Dang between the large balance patch, Tetras, and Goby Stadium, the Splatoon team has been busy! The map looks great, I cannot wait to play it on Clam Blitz and slam some dunks. Tetras also look fantastic. A new Dualies that emphasizes rolling maneuvers? I'm all about that.

the

Inkling Commander
[Splatoon x Space Jam mashup quietly fades in, getting louder.]

INKLING BOY: Huh? What could that noise b-

[A group of BASKETBALL SQUIDS armed with tetra dualies breaks down the wall and annihilates INKLING BOY’s entire squad.]

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
Am I the only one who always sees "Loading Tweet" and never the actual content people are linking? Is that a setting I can change? Just bad internet? It makes these threads hard to follow!

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
New month. JP Splatfest this weekend--wonder if Shifty Station will have ink rails this time to grind on! New map on a Thursday (in the Americas), along with a new weapon that was advertised with the new map. Sounds about right!

Won't have my repaired pro controller back til the weekend, but I did just finish a diy job on my janky left joycon and this will be a great test for it!

Dark Tetra Dualies here I come!

♫Keep rollin' rollin' rollin'
Keep them squiddies rollin', WOOMY~♫!!!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Am I the only one who always sees "Loading Tweet" and never the actual content people are linking? Is that a setting I can change? Just bad internet? It makes these threads hard to follow!
This website is weird like that, yeah. If you're on desktop, right-clicking and loading the tweet in a new page works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom