Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
Tenta brella and undercover brella alts make that 16

Counting this week, and assuming they are going to still do the one weapon a week thing, we're looking at July 6th as the last day of weapon updates (for all the weapons that have accounted for atleast) and if there are new weapons we're looking at late july to august for final weapon releases.
That supports my theory that the Octo Expansion will round out the year of updates. July 21st is my guess for the release day of the Octo Expansion.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
In the Nintendo Direct they said the “First paid DLC” there could be more
<cough>Splatoon 2 Battle Royale<cough>
I also want to play as that giant Isopod in the trailer

Last edited:

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
I’m the Nintendo Direct they said the “First paid DLC” there could be more
<cough>Splatoon 2 Battle Royale<cough>
I also want to play as that giant Isopod in the trailer
I think you can talk to him. Hopefully...

*whisper* Splatoon Battle Royale

Mr.HawK

The Artist
While they did say "the first paid dlc" you gotta be careful with how you read something like that with the context provided.
In two situations they could either mean:
1. Octo Expansion is the first ever paid DLC for the main game
or
2. it's the first paid dlc, which people assume is vauge wording for "first of many"

The thing about assuming the latter is that while it would be cool is also very dangerous in terms of mere speculation since people have established a double meaning for the same sentence. Overall I wouldnt be surprised if they did another paid dlc but im not confident that nintendo would spend that much time on a single game for this long without working on their next projects

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233

Counting this week, and assuming they are going to still do the one weapon a week thing, we're looking at July 6th as the last day of weapon updates (for all the weapons that have accounted for atleast) and if there are new weapons we're looking at late july to august for final weapon releases.
]

When 3.0 patch notes (up on reddit) they were saying that they would be launching several at a time at the beginning of the month instead of on a weekly basis.
Still I think it would put us at a similar timeline to July or so, possibly a little further if they have new weapons they are thinking of releasing

Mr.HawK

The Artist
]

When 3.0 patch notes (up on reddit) they were saying that they would be launching several at a time at the beginning of the month instead of on a weekly basis.
Still I think it would put us at a similar timeline to July or so, possibly a little further if they have new weapons they are thinking of releasing
Patch notes? They havent put out the patch notes yet tho, how could reddit know the release schedule

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Doesn't 3.0 hit in late April? That would make the first month with new-style weapon releases May.

And it'll be 7 a month apparentely.
Ah right they did say late April and that the new weapon schedule would start after 3.0 drops. If the 7 per month is true (where ya hear that?), then that would all but confirm Sheldon's picks as there'll only be 11 weapons left at the end of April.

Don't forget the Squeezer alt making the total 17.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
where ya hear that?
It was in the same patch notes on Reddit that was linked to earlier. I was surprised too by the amount.

And yeah, I have no doubt Sheldon's Picks or whatever the Splatoon 2 equivalent will be will hit soon-ish.

I kinda wonder if they're again going to claim they're gonna be 3rd versions of weapons that are underused and then it's still going to have like the Splattershot and the Zapper.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
It was in the same patch notes on Reddit that was linked to earlier. I was surprised too by the amount.

And yeah, I have no doubt Sheldon's Picks or whatever the Splatoon 2 equivalent will be will hit soon-ish.

I kinda wonder if they're again going to claim they're gonna be 3rd versions of weapons that are underused and then it's still going to have like the Splattershot and the Zapper.
I would hope every weapon gets a 3rd version this time, it's not like it's much effort on Nintendo's part. Of course the already popular n strong weapons shouldn't get the stronger kits compared to underused weapons, surely Nintendo knows that, surely! (Inb4 Blaster with Burst Bomb/Baller)

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
Sheldon's Picks would be really nice. Also, I now think there is a open window for more updates because Splatfests are for 2 years. If they're supporting it with splatfests, updates are more likely.

CMON NINTENDO WE KNOW YOU CAN DO IT

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I would hope every weapon gets a 3rd version this time, it's not like it's much effort on Nintendo's part. Of course the already popular n strong weapons shouldn't get the stronger kits compared to underused weapons, surely Nintendo knows that, surely! (Inb4 Blaster with Burst Bomb/Baller)
Yeah, it would be nice to have 3 of every weapon, if only to see every weapon treated equally. Though I would probably lose track of what sub/special goes with each if I had to remember 3 of each. I already can't keep track of half of the weapons I don't use. Like...I know that one Octobrush comes with Inkjet, but I don't know which, and I don't know what sub goes with it.

One thing that would help is to have alt kits be different colors. Why do we get a silver and gold Aerospray, but do most weapons just get a sticker, which in some cases can only barely be seen? Even though you can see a little icon in the top of the UI in a battle, it would still help my memory. That's one of my favorite things about Sheldon's Picks from the original Splatoon.

Mr.HawK

The Artist

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
Sorry, but I missed al these last night, so here you go! Tumblr Pages: https://splatoonus.tumblr.com/

1) This post confirms what we already know. The Octolings will be playable in Regular and Ranked Battle once you beat the Octo Expansion.

2) Some more info about Cap'n Cuttlefish. It's says that he is the leader of the New Squidbeak Splatoon (which I think most of us know.) and recently he was on patrol with Agent 3. However, he got sucked into this underground world and lost track of Agent 3. Maybe Agent 3 we play a big part in the story.

3) This says what I've basically already said in another post: To move around this underground area, a subway named Deepsea Metro is crucial. The passengers are very different species then what you see above the surface. It also says how they're not bad guys. Maybe we'll get to talk to them?

4) This post shows a stage that you'll be playing. If you remember from the trailer, this is the stage with the Inkjet and Octoblimps flying past. It also say that each stage will present a unique task, and in this case it's clear the stage with only a special weapon.

5) Not related to Octo Expansion, but still interesting nonetheless. Once you meet a condition in 3.0 (and presumably have beat single player.) Callie will appear. What Callie does is she tells you different gameplay facts. In this post, she tells you how many times you open the map in battle, and how long you have it open for. Marie then follows up with some gameplay tips. This does seem like a interesting thing.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
5) Not related to Octo Expansion, but still interesting nonetheless. Once you meet a condition in 3.0 (and presumably have beat single player.) Callie will appear. What Callie does is she tells you different gameplay facts. In this post, she tells you how many times you open the map in battle, and how long you have it open for. Marie then follows up with some gameplay tips. This does seem like a interesting thing.
I figured she wouldn't have much importance or use, much like Marie after beating single-player, but maybe she can provide some helpful statistics and information outside/without using the Splatnet app. Hopefully

Wonder if she'll be dancing next to Marie during Splatfests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom