Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
See, this is clearly how Nintendo is deciding to make either a new Mario Sluggers or Strikers game.

Help I don't like any sport....uh...what form of soccer is this. My brain hurts.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Trying to get pics for the next Splatfest discussion thread, and so far all I'm seeing are text drawings of no one liking sports or the choices. =/

At least it won't be decided over 48 hours of Clam Blitz?

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
So far I've been liking the tweaked Piranha Pit. The more open middle helps deter spawn camps I feel, and the conveyor belts feel less like an objective to defend and control and more of a cool set piece in the middle to launch attacks and escape with. I only played in Turf for the most part, so I can't comment on how it plays in ranked aside from one clams match there.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Can someone in the US who doesn't care for either sport vote Baseball on my behalf? I don't have a horse in this popcorn race.

In fact, I used to get sick from just the smell of popcorn as a kid, that's how irrelevant this choice is for me. I picked salty because it would be fitting to pick something named salty for a Splatfest I don't care about, plus the ink color looks...kind of unique? Unless it's not actually going to be unique, but it just looks like it. And might as well support my main girl Pearl while I'm at it.

But seriously, is anyone who lives in the US going to pick soccer? What were they thinking with that one. At least the popcorn one's pretty good, though it's not for me personally.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Not sure how I feel about Clam Blitz Piranha Pit with the clams only spawning in the middle/main portion of the map. It turns into even more of an american football game as you form a power clam inside a rectangular field then have to run the defensive line gauntlet to reach the endzone basket.

Guess I'll have to play it some more in solo and league to formulate a final personal judgement.

Meanwhile the Sorella Brella is, as Sheldon puts it, just a Splat Brella. Though I do like the polka-dot design. Wonder what a polka-dotted hero version would look like. So there's not much I can do other than practice shielding teammates while not body blocking their shots, shield bashing, jump shield bashing, eating splashdowns, eating bombs, and eating tenta missiles (yes, you really can do that).

As for the kit... I'm so use to throwing sprinklers I keep forgetting I have an offensive sub-weapon I can use. *facepalm*

Cyan

Inkling Commander
I'm disappointed that the European Splatfest has been brought up and yet no-one has mentioned the possibility of how people on Team Salty are likely to end up with the titles Salty King and Salty Queen :P. That alone is enough to sway me to vote Pearl, as well as the icy blue ink colour and the fact the sweet popcorn artwork looks like it has been covered with cheese plus Marina's usually bad team experience in solo.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Yeah, it'll be funny to be a Salty Queen. Though I am not that salty about S2 in general, so it wouldn't really make a lot of sense.

One thing that this Splatfest makes me wonder is, why not just sweet vs salty snacks? Why limit it to popcorn? Having chocolate, sweets and desserts face off against chips, fries and nuts always seemed to me like one of the most obvious themes, and one that everyone would be able to relate to their lives easily, but now I'm pretty sure it won't happen anymore. At least not in S2.

Tsene

Full Squid
NNID
freakzene
Switch Friend Code
SW-6942-9915-1395
Oh man. Popcorn is actually my least favorite snack and I dislike the salty variation (having to drink constantly with them isn't fun).

I'll be on the sweet side, but I'd expect the salty team to be more popular for sure in EU region!

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Oh man. Popcorn is actually my least favorite snack and I dislike the salty variation (having to drink constantly with them isn't fun).

I'll be on the sweet side, but I'd expect the salty team to be more popular for sure in EU region!
The synergy between drinking and eating popcorn is so good that I consider it a positive. When you're drunk, you want to eat popcorn and when you're eating popcorn, you want a beer. One only magnifies the other. Unless you're too young to DRINK drink. In that case, don't do drugs and stay in school.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
So I am team Baseball....and will beaway the weekend of the splafest for vacation................:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

However I got to try out the new brella and have to admit it is fun to mess around with, it has been so long since I used a nongimmick brella that it did take me a while to relearn.
Lastly Piranha Pit it was amazing see this stage in rainmaker node made me so happy, O just wish thry did hardlock out the side areas so you could have a little more freedom toward flanking, this was one of my old favorite outside of flounder heights and mahi mahi. So I am glad to see a rework for the 1 mode I absolutely hated to play in this map.

Also for popcorn, I prefer salty I never go to a movie without the salty movie theater popcorn and giant super gulp sized cup of soda/ milkshake. But again not in EU (and going to be D/c for the next week)

Tsene

Full Squid
NNID
freakzene
Switch Friend Code
SW-6942-9915-1395
The synergy between drinking and eating popcorn is so good that I consider it a positive. When you're drunk, you want to eat popcorn and when you're eating popcorn, you want a beer. One only magnifies the other. Unless you're too young to DRINK drink. In that case, don't do drugs and stay in school.
I do love my beers, but my snack-desires with it are low :D If anything, it's chips. I do see where you're coming from, though ;)

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Going team soccer for this one... that is, if I load up the game sometime between now and then

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
That's how they get you to buy their overpriced drinks at the theatre. In addition to the overpriced popcorn. And the 3D glasses.
Not that that concerns me since I am such a rebellious guy and always sneak a bottle of water into the theatre. :cool:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Meh, I don't have a strong opinion on sports so I'll just get my team to pick a side together and then rally the troops :D This is one of the only times we get to enjoy competitive turf.

Woomyapple

Full Squid
NNID
Apple
Switch Friend Code
SW-2793-7212-9515
Don't really like watching sports, but I love playing both baseball and soccer equally...
This is a tough one for me.

LittleMissEevee

Inkling
NNID
Silverfury
Switch Friend Code
SW-5003-6584-4623
So I just went on Turf today to see whats up, taking my trusty Splat Brella with me, It. Was. Awesome! So each match was filled with good players around my skill level, even my team for once (I’m so glad too) we won so much too, I was always top of my team too, I would protect my team, aid them in battle, ink so much turf at once, drop 1-5 inkstorms per match, kill 4-10 times a match, I had fun playing a more patient playstyle and trying new tactics too, team would save me when I’m being ganged up on too, it was absolute perfection, there was even a lvl 81 using the new version of the splat brella with the autobombs and splat bomb launcher, I kept outplaying him with my brella which was even more awesome since I’m just a lvl 54, I beat my highest score of 1300 (minus the win points) by getting to 1446 pts! Today is the best day to do turf!

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Football (i refuse to call it soccer) vs Baseball seems like a good splatfest honestly. I know most people here don't care about sports, but in general it's still a super popular pass time to watch or play and the two are some of the most popular (though football completely blows baseball out of the waters in terms of worldwide popularity). I was never a fan of watching sports, but i do enjoy playing with friends, even though i'm not all that athletic. But i'm EU so sweet popcorn for me. Cracker jack is my all time favorite snack and i mostly pick sweet at the movies (some taste horrible though).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom