Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Football (i refuse to call it soccer) vs Baseball seems like a good splatfest honestly. I know most people here don't care about sports, but in general it's still a super popular pass time to watch or play and the two are some of the most popular (though football completely blows baseball out of the waters in terms of worldwide popularity). I was never a fan of watching sports, but i do enjoy playing with friends, even though i'm not all that athletic. But i'm EU so sweet popcorn for me. Cracker jack is my all time favorite snack and i mostly pick sweet at the movies (some taste horrible though).
This is NA though, so I expect football will be in the minority

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I'd go with Baseball, if only so i can forget about our country's KWALITY performance this year's FIFA. But then again, we've got a EU splatfest to worry about, soo...

I'd go for salty, even though i rather prefer sweet poppers(taffy-glazed in particular is pretty good). I'm sticking for salt because i'm liking the idea of becoming a salty king, and the ink color is pretty great!

But i'm more someone who'd rather eat a cookie over popcorn. Popcorn by itself is actually a pretty healthy snack, i just hate getting it stuck between my teeth. So annoying.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Two Splatfests running in the same week, may be safe to assume that 3.0 update will be in week 3 of April.

Meanwhile on twitch I'm getting caught up on the ARMS and Splatoon EU tournament Nintendo just hosted. Does anyone know where I can recordings for the pre-semi finals matches? Nintendo UK only broadcasted the semi-finals and grand finals. The Off the Hook concert before it felt kinda lousy with the staging and camera work that stopped watching and only listened.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Meanwhile on twitch I'm getting caught up on the ARMS and Splatoon EU tournament Nintendo just hosted. Does anyone know where I can recordings for the pre-semi finals matches? Nintendo UK only broadcasted the semi-finals and grand finals.
They didn't record any pre-semi matches. They gave play by plays on twitter.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Just your average day using a new weapon that you've never played with...

Image-1.jpg

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Splatoon JP has been doing some cross promotion with JAMSTEC (Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology) as a sort of collaborative research with the squid research lab called "JAMSTEEEC". As such we got the new helmet in salmon run and JP is getting a splatfest between "Unknown Organisms" vs "Advanced Technology" which will be held on april 21st to 22nd. They also revealed that the autobomb is heavily based of the Shinkai 6500, A deep sea manned submarine that can hold up to 3 people and can dive down to 6500 metres (about 20000 feet or 4 miles). The submarine will also appear in the octo expansion coming this summer (doesn't seem to have any function in the expansion, other than being a fun little easter egg that builds upon the world of splatoon, but who knows).

On another note, Splatoon's JP twitter has officially surpassed 1 Million followers. What's even more impressive is that they've passed nintendo's japanese account by about 40k as of me writing this.

Tweets and links to all these info below.

Jamstec English Website
Jamstec and Squid Research Labs joint research (in japanese, but google translate translates it pretty well)

There's also in event of sorts coming soon, but i can't translate (it's an image instead of text i can copy and i'm not that the best at writing japanese characters)
event.PNG

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
I don't mind the world of Splatoon being used as an educational figure for marine biology. It'll be interesting to see where this leads. Nintendo also adopted a Octopus. They're getting all in the deep sea!

NonSpecificGuy

Inkling
NNID
Goldeneye2674
I'm usually not really one for Cross-promotion when it comes to games but that is super cool of Nintendo to promote something like that.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Midweek, so what do we think the new weapon of the week is going to be?

I'll still guess the neo splash-o-matic, but I'm losing faith here.

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
Neo splash would be very considerate of them!

Which is why the weapon of the week will be the tri slosher nouveau
These are the two I've been waiting for, so either would make me happy.

Reactions: the

Cyan

Inkling Commander
I'm calling Custom Dualie Squelchers. It's either that or the Clash Blaster Neo, and it seems logical for the Dualies to come first as it's been a while since an alt kit for one of those dropped. Also look at what weapons have dropped recently, most of them appeared in the footage showing off Rank X on the results screen and have turned up week after week (Sorella Brella, H3 Nozzlenose D etc.), and I believe all that's remaining are the Custom Dualies and the Clash. Neo Splash has 0 chance of showing up right now, as I've previously stated it's the last shooter weapon to release (one that has no gimmick anyway, Squeezer is branded a sub weapon style in the vein of Nozzlenoses and Blasters are Blasters) and they're going to want to hold onto that one, particularly so they can keep the "variety" of releases rather than end up going 3 weeks in a row of the same weapon class, plus they are fully aware of the carnage the vanilla Splash caused at the end of Splatoon 1 when people realised how many bomb rushes that thing could spam out so they won't be keen to start that disaster zone again (even though bomb rush won't fill the meter anymore and it has 200p special charge) :P.

Brellas won't appear since the Sorella was last week, Tri Nouveau is the last bucket to release so again, being held back like the Neo Splash, same goes for the Custom Hydra and Carbon. That narrows it down to a Blaster, Dualies or a Charger (Bamboozler Mk II and Custom Squiffer) which again feeds back to my theory of it being one of the 2 remaining teased weapons from the 3.0 and Rank X footage. Either one of those would be rather amusing considering the nature of the new Shifty Station and the fact you'd either get Sting Ray tethered or Tenta Missile tethered to a grappling hook so fun times there :P. Just my thoughts on the weapon release, of course Nintendo/Splatoon devs could decide to throw out a completely random weapon instead and prove me wrong. I'm really looking forward to the Tri Nouveau all things considered, it may have lost the chicken rush, but it gained a special I love dearly and the kit looks really solid, bombs and the chip damage off the special could give the Tri opportunities for "one hit kills".

Reactions: the

LittleMissEevee

Inkling
NNID
Silverfury
Switch Friend Code
SW-5003-6584-4623
I hope a hydra splatling with curling bombs and ink armour comes out, that would be sweet also one question, why do people say the splat brella sucks at killing and inking? its one of the best weapons at both if handled well, it can even be decent in direct combat with smart use of the shield but is best at flanking, I usually end up with 5-15 kills and 1000 pts by the end of the match and helped keep team alive, also I stay alive rather well with it too and whatnot, get at least 3 specials out in one match, and it has no particularly bad maps to my knowledge also it seems to not need any particular set of skills to perform well

Last edited:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
My guess, @LittleMissEevee, is due to a few recent nerfs to the brellas' ink consumption, ink coverage, and special requirements for one. And learning curve for another—a lot of players often prefer the direct, hold-down-this-button-to-point-n-shoot approach that the splat and sorella brellas can't successful provide.

Not that it's a knock against them, but just like in fighting games not many players want to bother learning grappling, charge, or counter-style characters when your basic projectile thrower or button masher is quicker to pickup and learn in the shortest time.

the

Inkling Commander
I hope a hydra splatling with curling bombs and ink armour comes out, that would be sweet also one question, why do people say the splat brella sucks at killing and inking? its one of the best weapons at both if handled well, it can even be decent in direct combat with smart use of the shield but is best at flanking, I usually end up with 5-15 kills and 1000 pts by the end of the match and helped keep team alive, also I stay alive rather well with it too and whatnot, get at least 3 specials out in one match, and it has no particularly bad maps to my knowledge also it seems to not need any particular set of skills to perform well
I’ve wanted a long range splatling with curling bombs, so I’m conflicted about the zink mini getting them. I feel like they would be so useful for mobility on the heavy and hydra, but now unless there’s a sheldon picks we probably won’t get one : (

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Clash Blaster + Curling Bomb + Tenta Missles incoming.

Not a big fan of the Clash Blaster, but it's a better kit IMO than the original, so I might give it a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom