Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
Actually, I think I’ll do the same - I haven’t tried it, but I recognize their strengths, as a roller not-quite-main.

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
Clash Blaster + Curling Bomb + Tenta Missles incoming.

Not a big fan of the Clash Blaster, but it's a better kit IMO than the original, so I might give it a try.
Interesting, I think the original Clash Blaster has a great kit. I've been trying to learn to use it just because of the kit. Curling bombs seem like a good fit for it though since mobility is a huge issue for the original.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
I hope the 3.0 patch coming later this month adds an option to edit sound and music settings. Don't get me wrong, i absolutely love splatoon's sound design and soundtrack, but it'd be really nice if the option was there.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
I guess I can claim half a point for this week's weapon, but I placed my faith on the wrong weapon of the 2. I did mention it'd either be this or the Custom Dualies, but I was convinced we'd see the Squelcher first. Ah well, the kit for this is nice, Curling Bombs to get close and abuse chip damage, Tenta Missiles to attack from afar. The only annoyance I have is this is yet another close ranged weapon getting Curling Bombs and being a real threat with them and useless without them (on the alt kit in comparison), so it seems like another Nintendo "oops we didn't think this through" weapon moment. Time to bring on the new Splatfest and weapon, and hope everyone has fun with specials tethering them all over the place :p

I also have the perfect picture for this Shifty Station:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I hope the 3.0 patch coming later this month adds an option to edit sound and music settings. Don't get me wrong, i absolutely love splatoon's sound design and soundtrack, but it'd be really nice if the option was there.
It's a dream we may have to continue dreaming....

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Which is a shame. Streamers or youtubers need to lower the volume almost completely if they want to add in their own music for montages and such, and even then you can hear faint splatoon music playing which kind of ruins it.

(freaking flash games made by a single person has that option, so there's literally no excuse not to have it)

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
I feel like it could happen, its not something they would advertise about an update and I'm sure the update will include a bunch of other smallish stuff that we don't know about yet.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
@Nutmeat,
True, but until it happens I'll continue pendulum swinging between doubt and hope.

@Leronne,
Yeah, I've tinkered with clips to practice with editing software and the best, though time consuming, method is to just remove the game audio and insert sfx ripped from the game where needed. Takes up time overall but can lead to a very clean and result.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Sweet, though not sure which variant of the Clash I'ma like more, they've both got unique qualitys that are really good. Also this confirms what we expected, that the new weapon release schedule isn't until May.

LittleMissEevee

Inkling
NNID
Silverfury
Switch Friend Code
SW-5003-6584-4623
I’ve wanted a long range splatling with curling bombs, so I’m conflicted about the zink mini getting them. I feel like they would be so useful for mobility on the heavy and hydra, but now unless there’s a sheldon picks we probably won’t get one : (

aw man

My guess, @LittleMissEevee, is due to a few recent nerfs to the brellas' ink consumption, ink coverage, and special requirements for one. And learning curve for another—a lot of players often prefer the direct, hold-down-this-button-to-point-n-shoot approach that the splat and sorella brellas can't successful provide.

Not that it's a knock against them, but just like in fighting games not many players want to bother learning grappling, charge, or counter-style characters when your basic projectile thrower or button masher is quicker to pickup and learn in the shortest time.

I see yeah it has a pretty high skill curve, but the skill ceiling is very high too, its versitile and has few disadvantages, and I actually appreciate the nerfs to it, idr if I said that, still wonder if people will flock if it ends up being on par with the splattershots in not having any particularly bad matchups, like the brella has its flaws but that shield makes any bad matchup pretty manageable like if I get in direct combat I can deal with enemies rather well if I use my shield right, its a lot like using the splattershot in a lot of ways

on another note, I hate how my teams I get paired with never listen to me when I have a plan that requires one other person to follow my lead, which means we never get uncamped

Last edited:
Reactions: the

Octoboy07

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4646-5491-1608
do any of you know etce, viantastic, rockenberg, or ryanator's friend code?

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I’m not sure if any of them specifically are on Twitch, but sometimes communicating with people in a Twitch stream can lead to being able to play with them, but it depends on the streamer and just being... cool? Like, if you go in there expecting to play with a streamer who doesn’t know you, I dunno. Probably won’t go well? But becoming a regular in the Twitch chat can form a relationship where maybe that goes well.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Hey guys I am heading back from my vacation and ready to play splat- (connection error)

I actually did have Etce, Rockenburg, Dude, Skul's and Crystal's friend codes (again still on my away from vacation so don't have it rn) but again they are not likely going to accept your request...unless you are a subscriber or the og Octoboy

I’m not sure if any of them specifically are on Twitch, but sometimes communicating with people in a Twitch stream can lead to being able to play with them, but it depends on the streamer and just being... cool? Like, if you go in there expecting to play with a streamer who doesn’t know you, I dunno. Probably won’t go well? But becoming a regular in the Twitch chat can form a relationship where maybe that goes well.
Twitch and YT streamers will usually play with you in viewer battles but again you are fihhtun a horde of other players who are also online so it is alot of luck to get into a game with them that way.

Subscribers usually have a higher chance of getting ti play due to most players have sub battles outside of their usually battles.

@ThatSrb2DUDE is a great example of this allow subscribers / paterons play and chat with him via discord

Honestly yhe best way to locate these players is simply via solo queue....
I have run into nearly all the famous players in spaltoon most timse just cause I got lucky and ran into them while goofing around.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I hope a hydra splatling with curling bombs and ink armour comes out, that would be sweet also one question, why do people say the splat brella sucks at killing and inking? its one of the best weapons at both if handled well, it can even be decent in direct combat with smart use of the shield but is best at flanking, I usually end up with 5-15 kills and 1000 pts by the end of the match and helped keep team alive, also I stay alive rather well with it too and whatnot, get at least 3 specials out in one match, and it has no particularly bad maps to my knowledge also it seems to not need any particular set of skills to perform well
I've been playing regular Brella for a bit now, and there are several problems it has on the field:
It gets countered by blasters, clash in particular can make it pretty hard to approach at times. The shield takes an (unnecessary) amount of damage from both blasters/chargers meaning raising your shield against them is only useful in short bursts. Vblaster is one of the most popular slaying weapons out there, and considering both stay at the forefront this easily means trouble for brellas.
It gargles ink like a mad-squid, which is something both beginner and advanced splat brella players will always have issue with. Getting your shield crushed/launched will slash half of your ink tank, and the main weapon itself is also expensive in terms of ink and both kits have very costly subs. Prolonged firefights will always leave your squid thirsty for ink.
Of course it does have a lot of upsides to it (the shield can block otherwise lethal specials, both kits have good specials, good balance between inking and slaying), but it also has plenty of weaknesses that can't be ignored.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
We'll get a new weapon announcement tomorrow. Dare I predict the neo splash again? Yes. I dare.

What's everyone else predicting?

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Chargers!

Either the New Squiffer or the Bamboozler MK II!

One of them will probably have Baller because, "kit synergy? lol wut" ¬¬
From the people who brought you "stingray on the clash blaster" comes a new interactive experience: "baller on a charger." Coming to a Splatoon 2 near you (maybe... I haven't checked the kits and I have no idea if you have either but this is fun so whatever).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom