Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LittleMissEevee

Inkling
NNID
Silverfury
Switch Friend Code
SW-5003-6584-4623
I mean if used well the brella with base kit inks with few beneficial clothing skills to about 1000
Clash is actually fairly weak, but not against brellas because of one stupid patch that changed that all Blasters deal 3x damage to your shield. This basically means your shield is next to useless against them as they can swiftly take it down and then direct you to death.
its strong on close range weapons

suntt123

Inkling
I bought a LAN adapter for my switch, but I still get communication errors frequently. What am I supposed to do now? My NAT Type is B and I have literally no issues when using any other device.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I bought a LAN adapter for my switch, but I still get communication errors frequently. What am I supposed to do now? My NAT Type is B and I have literally no issues when using any other device.
Let's try a few easy things and see what pans out.

Since installing the adapter have you completely turned the console off entirely then turned it back on? Do so if not.

Next under System Settings → Internet → Internet Settings → whatever network(s) you're using, change the primary and secondary DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 respectively, then change the MTU to 1500.

Play for a bit and let us know how that turns out. We'll continue you on from there.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Soooooo... 3.0 this week? Maybe? I've been saving up money and snails—I need them new clothes!

Now watch as they cycle through my shops, one article at a time, once day at a time...

I just want my Kentucky Fried Autobombs
The devs probably pulled it due to dietary concerns. Too much salt.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Soooooo... 3.0 this week? Maybe? I've been saving up money and snails—I need them new clothes!

Now watch as they cycle through my shops, one article at a time, once day at a time...
Gear trading's gonna be hectic the first few weeks. I just want the Black Hi-Tops honestly. obviously there are other pieces of gear i want as well

Speaking of 3.0, i'm extremely curious what the patch notes will look like. Should probably turn on notifications for splatoon's twitter again. The game is really balanced weapon wise though, so i can only see a few nerfs and buffs, particularly special points (if they could buff the tetra dualies that'd be great).
I'd love to see haunt get it's old buff back from Splatoon 1. A later patch gave haunt users extra abilities if they were being tracked (ala point sensor, echolocator), so i'd love to see that return considering no one uses haunt. Before it buffed run speed, damage up and defense up so maybe now it could be swim speed, run speed, ink resist (wishful thinking tbh). I don't know how they'd buff thermal though.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Whoa. Forgot haunt even exists! And something with thermal ink too. I think it's thermal ink. Forgot that existed until you brought up haunt.

I'd like to see those two and cold-blooded actually be able to do something.

Weapon changes? At least: I'd like some decent buffs to the Glooga Dualies and the Dark Tetra Dualies, like less endlag to their rolls. And I want some decent buff to the undercover brella, like toning down or not having the same damage modifiers the others have when against chargers and blasters.

Candyland wishes? Letting the Bamboozler perform pierce damage like the other chargers. Mrgrgr, the number of times I get body-blocked or get splatted by the next foe in line when they rush me single-file!

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Whoa. Forgot haunt even exists! And something with thermal ink too. I think it's thermal ink. Forgot that existed until you brought up haunt.

I'd like to see those two and cold-blooded actually be able to do something.

Weapon changes? At least: I'd like some decent buffs to the Glooga Dualies and the Dark Tetra Dualies, like less endlag to their rolls. And I want some decent buff to the undercover brella, like toning down or not having the same damage modifiers the others have when against chargers and blasters.

Candyland wishes? Letting the Bamboozler perform pierce damage like the other chargers. Mrgrgr, the number of times I get body-blocked or get splatted by the next foe in line when they rush me single-file!
Cold blooded should have a stack that make it hard for you to be seen on the HUD map entirely when going through ink.
Haunt one thing I honestly feel would be really cool is for haunt to have a passive ability if a player stops moving near an enemy the enemy's location will be reveal (similar to how beacons now work) or at very least give it back it's old buff.
Thermal ink honestly just need to be more visible (the glow is soooo dull) and work while the player is swimming
Re-spawn punisher I feel should have a smaller penalty on the player or at very least a greater penalty on the enemy cause for the most part this ability is usually one sided.

I definitely agree with you and the Undercover brella it needs a buff, a good quality of life buff would be simply increase or negating durability of the brella, but I feel that that it's mobility while firing needs to be boosted considerably, most weapons can simply walk backwards and avoid most of the damage while breaking your shield...( again you can slightly avoid this by strafing and firing like you do with the l-3 but again feel very unnecessary.
Squeezer I feel need a minor buff I hardly ever see it in matches though it is a great weapon along with the .96 gal anymore

Weapons I would say need a nerf are the blaster (cough cough crayola) and octobrushes, they honesly are just too good in close range combat and limit the effectiveness of many other close range and even mid range weapons cause of it... I am not saying to nerf them hard but maybe change ink consumption or even cap it's fire rate so it make these weapon decent but not dominating

I also feel there needs to be some balance changes to clam blitz it is easy to camp the basket it is easy to camp and honestly the rng of the clams and their spawn location usually only goes to encourage camping. On top of that it also encourages a very defensive play style that simply makes the mode tedious...

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
EDIT: LOL. Made a mistake there. Really wish i could delete this :oops:

Last edited:

Maave

Inkling Commander
Yeah the coloring for Thermal Ink, Haunt, and even Sting Ray is very difficult to see. When I use Sting Ray I sometimes stand directly behind a wall so that the thermal view will contrast on the wall. Haunt is basically useless to me - the squid is so tiny viewed from spawn and the color is lost in all the ink on the map.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin

The devs probably pulled it due to dietary concerns. Too much salt.
I imagine 3.0 will drop at the end of the month with all the new monthly affairs happening (weapon bundles, X rank reset, ranked map rotation).

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I am really excited about the ra nin k X but will likely be only around rank S+ 8 or 9 by the time it comes out... been also holding back in editing one of my threads til after 3.0 drops

Also I found out I had this in my inventory
Got any recommendations on what I should use it on?

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I am really excited about the ra nin k X but will likely be only around rank S+ 8 or 9 by the time it comes out... been also holding back in editing one of my threads til after 3.0 drops

Also I found out I had this in my inventory
Got any recommendations on what I should use it on?
Clash neo?

zzmorg82

Pro Squid
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch Friend Code
SW-2476-2506-3411
Just a random thought; if you were to have your account reset and Nintendo gave you the special treatment and unlocked all the weapons for you at level 1, how long do you think it would take Sheldon to talk about every gun in the game?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

the

Inkling Commander
Just a random thought; if you were to have your account reset and Nintendo gave you the special treatment and unlocked all the weapons for you at level 1, how long do you think it would take Sheldon to talk about every gun in the game?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Time to make a smurf account and level up to 30 with only the splattershot jr...

Ansible

Community Ambassador

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
With or without the fast forward? And with our without the hero replicas included?

Masochistically tempting once we stop getting weapons... but I'd question even my masochism! @_@

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom