Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid
This weekend!

New set of solo rank stages. Rank X reset. New stage. New weapons. And not one new bamboozler?! ‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

Code:
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/1001750699598737408

Each new weapon introduced in the following tweets.
Almost got all of them right. I'm actually glad that they're bringing us the Undercover before the Tenta though. The kit looks way better.

Another blaster. Thanks, but no thanks.
At least it's the last one before Sheldon's picks.

the

Inkling Commander
I was right on everything except I thought it would be hydra instead of RBPD

But man, I might start using carbon roller deco. I barely ever used the burst bomb one in the first game because I wasn’t a fan of inkzooka, but I’ll probably give this one a try. I wonder if it’ll be as broken as splatoon 1’s, lol

(If it is, I’m worried they might nerf the carbon roller and just completely destroy the vanilla carbon’s viability...)

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
So it looks like we got our weapons

-Rapid pro deco
-Undercover Sorella brella
-Carbon Deco
And
-Custom Dulie squelchers

Guess it will be raining chicken bombs from now on...............

Kai.E

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8062-1940-0630
I just saw someone hack the files and play on Wahoo World, I could not be more excited. it looks hecka cool

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
Wahoo World looks awesome. Theme park maps are always so neat in games, and we don't see them too often now. (Baby Park and Water Park in MK8 are recent great examples, by Nintendo no less!)

From my memory, they mentioned back then the expected schedule is: 1 year of content updates and 2 years of Splatfests.
Yep, that's the schedule. For Splatoon 1 I always felt they cut support too soon, only a year after launch. I almost expect the development team to go a bit further....if not hand post-game support to another team. Splatoon 1 was a successful game, but it was still a game trapped in the Wii U's poor online structure. God, even small patches took forever to download on that console. With the Switch, it's much easier to keep a game going longer with DLC. That, and the fact that Splatoon 2 is becoming one of the best selling games in Japan's entire gaming industry. I don't think Nintendo's ready to cut support in just a few months. I guess it'll all ultimately come down to the sales of the Octo Expansion.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I was happy with the amount of content we got from Splatoon 1. It may have been just one year, but there was at least something new every week to look forward to to keep everyone invested and we ended up with plenty of stages and weapons to choose from. The only reason it got outsold by S2 is because the Wii U was a commercial failure, i'd imagine there were plenty of people interested in S1 but they wouldn't want to buy an entire console for it.

Reactions: the

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Finally been waiting forever for the Custom Dualie Squelchers! The kit is pretty much a straight up upgrade, though the vanilla still has a niche for seeing everything. Undercover's kit is also an upgrade, but while it'll be fun, the inconsistency of the main weapon will still be a harsh drawback. Chicken Rush is now here with the Carbon Deco, very interested in seeing if it's worth all the fussing I did over it. Lastly Rapid Pro Deco with a really defensive kit, no doubt it'll be uber strong. Can't wait to start playing more regularly again! Do we know what day the update drops and if it also comes with patch notes?

I just saw someone hack the files and play on Wahoo World, I could not be more excited. it looks hecka cool
Yo can we haz link? I love theme of the map but am curious how it'll actually play.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Finally been waiting forever for the Custom Dualie Squelchers! The kit is pretty much a straight up upgrade, though the vanilla still has a niche for seeing everything. Undercover's kit is also an upgrade, but while it'll be fun, the inconsistency of the main weapon will still be a harsh drawback. Chicken Rush is now here with the Carbon Deco, very interested in seeing if it's worth all the fussing I did over it. Lastly Rapid Pro Deco with a really defensive kit, no doubt it'll be uber strong. Can't wait to start playing more regularly again! Do we know what day the update drops and if it also comes with patch notes?

Yo can we haz link? I love theme of the map but am curious how it'll actually play.
Weapons and Wahoo World are coming on the 1st of June, but no news on a new patch. I'd wager we'd see it next Wednesday as we usually get updates in the middle of the week each month, so keep an eye out next week. Chances are because the rank reset is going to be the 1st of every month we'll get weapons and a map (until content stops) followed by a patch a week or 2 after to adjust everything once the dust has settled and new weapons are either really strong or completely useless. The only footage I've seen for Wahoo World was glitching around, which can give you cool insights into the details in the background, but doesn't really give you gameplay examples of how it'll play. It looks fairly small and has a single Splat Zone in the middle, but the video doesn't focus on gameplay at all. I'll leave it here anyway for people interested:

Kai.E

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8062-1940-0630
Weapons and Wahoo World are coming on the 1st of June, but no news on a new patch. I'd wager we'd see it next Wednesday as we usually get updates in the middle of the week each month, so keep an eye out next week. Chances are because the rank reset is going to be the 1st of every month we'll get weapons and a map (until content stops) followed by a patch a week or 2 after to adjust everything once the dust has settled and new weapons are either really strong or completely useless. The only footage I've seen for Wahoo World was glitching around, which can give you cool insights into the details in the background, but doesn't really give you gameplay examples of how it'll play. It looks fairly small and has a single Splat Zone in the middle, but the video doesn't focus on gameplay at all. I'll leave it here anyway for people interested:

Yeah yeah yeah that's the exact video I saw yesterday, the odd underground part looks pretty interesting.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
The upcoming quartet could make for some fun quad league sessions.

But the next group, in July? A tetra dualie, bamboozler, hydra splatling, and tenta brella? I'm gonna need foolhardy bold crew of ignorant radical souls to join me on that league voyage!

Jagginator

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6478-7859-9273

But the next group, in July? A tetra dualie, bamboozler, hydra splatling, and tenta brella? I'm gonna need foolhardy bold crew of ignorant radical souls to join me on that league voyage!
That sounds scary and fun at the same time, its so fun that its frightening you could say(I'd totally play the Bamboozler btw.).

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233

You called.....I call dibs on tenta brella

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Nuuuu my first and second choices!!

*sigh* Someone make the third pick, I'll default to the last choice, then we can Voltron into Team Leftovers.

the

Inkling Commander
Nuuuu my first and second choices!!

*sigh* Someone make the third pick, I'll default to the last choice, then we can Voltron into Team Leftovers.
I’m tetra dualies!!! I call it!!

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I had forgotten how devious Splat Bombs could be (used to use them religiously in Splatoon 1 but my typical weapons in Splatoon 2 use other things). Seeing it on a weapon that already has constant ranged pressure truly makes it a combo that is hard to advance against.

Autobomb Launcher isn't too annoying. It's still plenty annoying but once they start throwing them, I just retreat or try to rush in to take them out, but if they're not chasing you, their basically ground only Suction Bombs. Though the influx of Burst Bombs, especially on the Carbon may be the death of me tonight.

Had a bit of a roller coaster of games. Stuck with a bunch of people who really did not use the new weapons well, and quite a few matches against Carbons or Squenchers that did. Was kind of rocky in the middle, had my freshness drop from ~15 down to as low as 8. But later got on a pretty good win streak, my team luck got much better and got my freshness back up. Being stubborn and using my Hero Dualies when there is a large number of Dualie Squelchers was probably not the smartest idea.

Reactions: the

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom