• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the

Inkling Commander
Hey guys, I was curious since I never seem to get more than one correct slot on gear from murch: is it possible to get the exact gear you order? I read the gear’s accuracy (or the chances for better accuracy) was based on your level, but haven’t seen any official proof of that.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Maybe it's just me, but I think we need more casual modes instead of ranked modes.
I would rather not have more modes at all, but if they want to introduce more, they should be ranked. One of the reasons Turf Wars is so boring is the lack of ranking system (the other reason is the mode is just not that fun).

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hey guys, I was curious since I never seem to get more than one correct slot on gear from murch: is it possible to get the exact gear you order? I read the gear’s accuracy (or the chances for better accuracy) was based on your level, but haven’t seen any official proof of that.
I've heard that too, but I have no idea how that works either. I've ordered tons of stuff, and maybe I've gotten two of the same some time? Certainly never three.

One of the reasons Turf Wars is so boring is the lack of ranking system
I don't see how a rank system actually improves anything about the actual gameplay in the mode itself.
If anything, it leads to frustration when people drop ranks when they think it was undeserved, and it often gives people some arbitrary extrinsic goal to care for that'll overshadow what's most important about the game: having a good time.

Cephalobro

Honestly, it's the presence of the ranking system that doesn't allow me to enjoy the other modes as much. This is why I play Turf Wars most since there's no rank to worry about.

Kai.E

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8062-1940-0630
It would be pretty cool to have more casual or for fun modes in splatoon. I've always thought the developers should have a sort of random battle with every rotation haveing slightly different things happening. Like sometimes players only get to use a certain weapon or weapon type, or even something like players being able to choose any weapon, but they get assigned a specific special, so then every weapons gets the bubble blower. It would just be fun to have a chaotic mode that we can just enjoy for the chaos, and not have to worry about rank.

mario123007

Pro Squid
Also here's the stream recap of the Taiwan Unofficial Online Splatoon 2 Tournament yesterday:

My team's first match starts at 1:43:09

Our second match starts at 3:34:30

My Game tag is Mario btw

And...

Nope

Neither of these match were even consider a match...
upload_2018-6-6_14-26-4.gif

This makes me both wanted to play Splatoon 2 even more but also don't...

Anyone who is like A rank above, I hope you can give some advice... especially on my performance

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Also here's the stream recap of the Taiwan Unofficial Online Splatoon 2 Tournament yesterday:

My team's first match starts at 1:43:09

Our second match starts at 3:34:30

My Game tag is Mario btw

And...

Nope

Neither of these match were even consider a match... View attachment 6468

Anyone who is like A rank above, I hope you can give some advice... especially on my performance
I am almost at rank X (here is where I would pu- disconnected) anyways here is how I looked at this fight from my perspective

Match 1:
1. You team comp, dulies are a good choice but it is a better to go with the dapples (which have less rng and better coverage) or at very least the emperry dulies (simply cause it has a better special)
For this map in particular I also recommend you have a heavy splatling deco as your backline, this weapon is pretty consistent and has splash wall to help out against holding a ledge which is usually a problem here
Also recognized the enemy comp, this is a highly agressive comp meant to get kill and push the enemy back but mostly all these weapons have trouble building special.

2. Positioning a slosher and roller should not push that ledge rollers do better with flanking behind the enemy which they were paying attention tot. the Dulies squelcher and the slosher would do better in the mid just below center where it can toss sprinklers and harass the enemy and force them to approach (no range) and you should have been on the objective or gathering special to force them to move and give you allies the space they need to attack.

***never draw attention to the box (their flank) they can easily jump up and splat you from there and attack anyone waiting at the ramp as well (I only ever draw attention here by tossing in ink storms

3. The moment the slosher fell the splattershot began to push into your base while the roller was still focused on getting down off the ledge, because of this it allowed them to camp you out, always keep an eye on your flanks especially on this map cause they can lock you down with ease

4. You panicked you trickled in when they got into your spawn, once an enemy is in your spawn you need to take some time and find out where before you jump down (you can even go far right if they are only on the left), and you want to wait for your team most times it is only 1 or 2 holding you there so numbers along with known where to attack will put the battle back in your favor as long as you don't trade

Lastly let me say these mistakes are fairly common I have seen pros make the same mess ups, your team has the potential, just practice on getting your team to use a wide variety of weapons and to synergize and communicate with each other (salmon run actually helps a lot with that), and just keep working and you guys will do great

I am a little busy rn so I will post my thoughts on the second half later

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
DuoMaxwell? lol I vaguely recall coming across him a few times, and maybe the rest of you by proxy. Afterall, I don't come across many squids with Gundam references in their names. lol

Anyway, at the least, congratulations on participating in a tournament! That's something not a lot of players, including myself, have yet done or choose to do.

The camera didn't give us much in regards to individual performance, and mainly followed the other teams, but two things I could point out was the lack of map control and teamwork.

Often your team would attack separately, and thus wind up fighting two, three, or all four of the enemy at once. And whenever any of you pushed forward or extended for any purpose it was without the support of your own ink or teammate support, leaving yourselves stranded even if the enemy left you alone and instead just let you drown you in enemy ink.

From non-Splatoon experience, the best I can tell you is this: Let it out, whatever you're feeling/felt, let it out. Accept the outcome. Rest. Reflect. Then carry on. Consider your performance as an ongoing craft with no end in sight, a tournament should never be a final destination of your skill, but a showcase of it.

mario123007

Pro Squid
you should have been on the objective or gathering special to force them to move and give you allies the space they need to attack.
Staying on objective was what I was doing but yeah, I should have focus on gathering special since I have gears that boosts my special gauge.

The moment the slosher fell the splattershot began to push into your base while the roller was still focused on getting down off the ledge, because of this it allowed them to camp you out, always keep an eye on your flanks especially on this map cause they can lock you down with ease
This is another of my problem... or why I hate Humpback Pump Track... I get flanked easily (for some reason), but also the stage is just hard to spot enemies.

You panicked you trickled in when they got into your spawn, once an enemy is in your spawn you need to take some time and find out where before you jump down (you can even go far right if they are only on the left), and you want to wait for your team most times it is only 1 or 2 holding you there so numbers along with known where to attack will put the battle back in your favor as long as you don't trade
That's not the only reason why I was "panicked" (If you can even called that, more like rushed). When the Splat Zone is almost down to zero, there's nothing I can do besides of rushing to the zone.

Yes, that's a terrible idea, but at that time we were pretty much a goner.

I was expecting rainmaker or tower control... we did mange to win on those match before.

DuoMaxwell? lol I vaguely recall coming across him a few times, and maybe the rest of you by proxy. Afterall, I don't come across many squids with Gundam references in their names. lol
Really? He had played a lot of Splatoon 2 with my brother. So who knows.

Cephalobro

Something just crossed my mind. The underground stage exclusively for Splatfests is Shifty Station. Every location so far that Agent 8 visits are called ____ Station. Shifty Station teased the plot of Octo Expansion by being as subtle as possible! What if Shifty Station is actually the last station that Agent 8 goes through? This could explain how they get to Inkopolis!

Yusuke

Inkling
NNID
Yusuke
The link that gives us a special t-shirt is available in the Splatoon 2 channel in Nintendo Switch News.
It seems to be a temporary link.
I don't care that much about the championship, but new gear is always welcome.

the

Inkling Commander
Seems the devs aren't done testing new ranked modes just yet.

This actually looks like a fun mode that I’m surprised isn’t in the game yet! I wouldn’t mind seeing this added

But man, at this rate they’ll have to add a second ranked rotation to prevent each mode from being playable only 1/6th of the time

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Hey guys I am going to be flying iut to E3 tomorrow, I will see if I can post a few pictures of the event,

(and maybe get a full video of the inklings moveset for smash bros or any special announcement for splatoon 2)

Kai.E

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8062-1940-0630

This game mode does seems a lot more polished than Rocket, but I could see it being very frustrating though since it would be hard to take different routes to the goal since the game doesn't know who's moving the ball. It's very intriguing, but I can easily see it becoming a pain to play if they were to add it with the mechanics it has at this stage.

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid

I certainly hope they make it so that people can't score their own knockouts, or against themselves at all. All it would take is no matter what, a bullet of ink that would score against itself just won't push the ball. That only means you can't move the ball into a position that will advance the enemy's marker. Moving it backwards in enemy territory is fine (for example, if you decide to take a different route to the goal), you just won't be able to push it past where the other team has scored. You also probably just shouldn't be able to push the ball into your own territory past a reasonable point, even after the enemy has scored there, to stop trolls screwing their team over while still letting players who are playing for real take the ball down whatever path they want.

They had better do something about ranked mode availability though. Since they have 6 ranked modes counting these datamined ones, adding another ranked rotation would give each mode the same average intervals in between availability as the three initial ones had, so I see no reason why not to.

Reactions: the

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
but I could see it being very frustrating though since it would be hard to take different routes to the goal since the game doesn't know who's moving the ball.
If the ball is being pushed as a result of ink with color A, it's someone on team A moving the ball, if it's as a result of ink with color B, it's someone on team B.

Though I don't see why it matters anyway. When the ball is closer to one goal, it counts as points for one team, if it's closer to the other, it counts for the other.

Reactions: the

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom