• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So, that Slosher is quite different after all, huh? Looks like a clunkier Sloshing, which doesn't sound too good, but we'll see.
The four-color pen thing looks pretty cool. The shape kinda gave away that it was going to be something that concentrates its fire pretty well, but it still looks pretty impressive in action. Can't wait to play that one.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Looks like i judged things a bit too soon, this is very welcome news indeed! Looking forward to trying out expansion later this evening!

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Not sure if these were posted here yet, but footage for the newly announced weapons.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
So the new Splatling has an overall charge time somewhere between the Heavy and Hydra.
Stage 1 shots have very low range and meh accuracy, BUT Stage 2 shots have range equal to the Heavy Splatling but with perfect accuracy.
However for a certain duration after, you can skip Stage 1 power charge and just continuously do Stage 2 power charges over and over again. Though I do wonder if the momentum is kept if you squid form.

The new Slosher is a heavy, slow, long ranged Sloshing Machine. Shots explode at the end.

Last edited:

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Interesting but not surprising. Their release schedule up until now included very little that wasn't in Splatoon 1, just dualies and brellas. And we knew there were more weapons and modes in the game data, in incomplete form. It's a good move.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
So..it's out! First impressions anyone? (No spoilers, as there's a separate thread for that.)

I was pretty excited for this. It looked fantastic, and it's the second time I have ever pre-ordered a game in my life, and the first that isn't Smash Brothers. So, uh, it's...good. It's fun and really interesting, but flawed. I've only played it for a few hours, so I haven't reached any end yet, and there's a lot of content for this. My views are subject to change as it may blow me away later on. The setting and music are top-notch. Man, they went so far with the 90's aesthetic that there's even "mall music". It's hysterical and I love it. The dialogue is perfect, and some of Pearl and Marina's lines are so well written. It maintains the humor yet dark themes of pure Splatoon. However, the actual level design and pure gameplay is where things get rocky. I know the BOTW design team worked on this, and oh boy does it show. There's physics puzzles, ball-moving puzzles, timed-puzzles, all sorts of interesting new levels. Some work, and some do fall flat for me. For example, I really liked a level where you move a 8-ball around a obstacle course. But there's another more wave-based level that felt boring and difficult just for difficulty sake. There's one particular boss fight I won't name that's a S2 boss-fight re-used and "upgraded", and dear god, it is a disaster. The fight was not fun to play, and felt very unfair and poorly designed. I want to see more of the story and lore, as it's much more engaging and interesting than the gameplay. Maybe I just got spoiled with Octo Valley and Canyon, but these levels and bosses feel rather sloppy and rough. The visuals and story are neat though!

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
At E3 so i can place dlc yet :(:(:(

But I did just got to try to play inklings in smash and here is my opinion

The inklings moveset is amazing it feels like you are playing splatoon it is very technical character
Alot of it involves either inking the enemy soyou ca deal more damage or inking the ground in order to slow enemies space enemies
Perks:
You deal more damage when an enemy is inked they will move sower through you ink or take longer to get unburied, and you move faster with a full tank

Specials:
Splattershot is great at covering enemies, but personally I feel that rapid job is slightly better at dealing damage
Splatroller is great for setups since it will either bury an opponent or slow their apporach the only problem is it cost lots of ink
Splatbombs do feel weird but I feel there is alot of potential with it
Superjump is so fun it can be angle and has a slight spike box at it's base that will knock enemies downwards
Squid form, you are so vulnerable when you do this so you need to have a good mix of recovering ink whenever you have the opportunity to.
The smashes are all great with side smash being the go to (very unrealistic an inkbrush actually launching someone?), and up smash being an amazing anit air and read move (but very laggy)

Aerials and tilts aren't great unless the player is covered in ink.

Aside from inklings in smash, I ran into a few pro smash bro players (incuding zero), and a handful of the splatoon players from the world championships got to demo a few games
Like Ninjala (aka "not" splatoon), Mega man, Mario Tennis, MHA One justice, Sonic Kart, etc

...and confirmed that super mario sunshine dlc is coming

Last edited:

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Can you control the angle throw of Splat Bombs like Snake's grenades?
So how it works is in the air you drop the bomb in front and z drop it and on the ground and you can control it's distance but you can't control the angle (at least not yet)
You can however grab it after wards and then toss it any direction

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
*totes not jealous of your adventure, honest* ¬¬;
Aside from inklings in smash, I ran into a few pro smash bro players (incuding zero), and a handful of the splatoon players from the world championships got to demo a few games
Like Ninjala (aka "not" splatoon), Mega man, Mario Tennis, MHA One justice, Sonic Kart, etc

...and confirmed that super mario sunshine dlc is coming
So what the heck is that Ninjala game anyway and will it probably be any good from what you can tell? MHA is an arena fighter or a Dynasty Warriors type game, and is it shaping up into something good if the latter?

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Splattershot is great at covering enemies, but personally I feel that rapid job is slightly better at dealing damage
That's because the point of the Splattershot isn't to inflict damage, but to 'poison' people.

What I find the most interesting about Inkling is that you can apparentely recover health while submerged. I have yet to read anything about the rate that that happens in, but that sounds cool.

All in all, I think Inkling represents Splatoon pretty well, but it's such a shame that it's all Splatoon 1 related (especially with hair-styles now being a thing), and there could be a few more weapons used. Like, where's the charger? Gotta have the charger.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So...online is just going to be 50% Octoling armor and Octoshots for the next week, isn't it...

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Well~ :oops: it is new content and it has been that way with new content for the pass year~... so~ NOPE ofcourse! :p

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Whoever thought it was a good idea to release the Octo Expansion and the new Xenoblade 2 content for its DLC within days of each other deserves to die.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom