• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
From the same guy, he did upload a video of what may be properties for unreleased weapons.

I say may be because the channel has only started posting stuff recently and among them are some miscellaneous other hacks. So the possibility for them not being legit is there.

Though given some of these weapon's properties, they do seem like they could be legit and something that the Splatoon devs would make. Honestly, they're all more of less balanced-ish.

Video:

Basic run through of each weapon.
  • So a mid ranged slow 1HKO Shooter.
  • A short ranged 3direct/4indirect 3 shot Nozzlenose type Blaster.
  • A slow attacking Roller with a long ranged horizontal flick but mid range vertical flick that has super good strafing speed. Slow rolling speed.
  • An average Roller that trades its long vertical flick for a faster flick with similar spread to its horizontal flick. But due to its increased speed is a solid 2HKO.
  • A slow long ranged 3HKO Brush.
  • What basically is an unscoped E-liter 4K Scope with a slightly longer charge time.
  • An instant charge 2HKO short ranged Charger. Essentially an even faster but shorter ranged Bamboozler, that can store charge?
  • What can be essentially described as the Aerospray of Dualies. Short ranged, fast firing, 5HKO. But does have a crazy long but slow dodge roll.
  • To the other extreme, Jet Squelcher ranged Dualies that is a 3HKO but suffers terrible accuracy for its range. Dodge rolling fires a single 1HKO shot.
  • A super long ranged Brella. That's about it, I guess the spray spreads out faster so you're less likely to deal max damage at range. Also, super fast canopy.
  • To the opposite side, the slow, short ranged 1HKO Brella. Can hold its Brella like a shield as long as you have ink and probably isn't fragile like the Undercover and is not auto fire like the Undercover.

There's a lot of odd things about these weapons. For starters did you see how unreasonably fast that one roller rolls while maintaining the OHKO? It seems crazy at spreading ink too, I like it. A bamboozler that actually paints well, reliably even, but it's shorter range and is a 3 hit kill. I kind of like the jet dualies, even though they seem extremely poor; they're a meme weapon for standing back and firing away with OHKO darts, hoping you kill something. That short range OHKO brella with the constant shield looks like a monster on Tower Control though, and it seems to have a reliable OHKO to top it off.

I'll have to see how these play out and if any of these actually see the light of day.

EDIT: As a follow up, does anyone have any idea what the next weapon set for release is? I heard that it'd be the Nautilus and Bloblobber (of course, given the teasers), but also the Ballpoint and Explosher alt kits. It seems unreasonably soon after their release to be doing that, and the Hydra and Tetras still haven't seen much love, but the weapons in that demo are far from ready.

I speculate the teased weapons, along with Hydra and Tetras, much to my dismay. I'd really like a more user friendly kit for the Ballpoint; I simply cannot use the Inkjet to save my life and I do better just holding onto it the whole game.

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
From the same guy, he did upload a video of what may be properties for unreleased weapons.

I say may be because the channel has only started posting stuff recently and among them are some miscellaneous other hacks. So the possibility for them not being legit is there.

Though given some of these weapon's properties, they do seem like they could be legit and something that the Splatoon devs would make. Honestly, they're all more of less balanced-ish.

Video:

Basic run through of each weapon.
  • So a mid ranged slow 1HKO Shooter.
  • A short ranged 3direct/4indirect 3 shot Nozzlenose type Blaster.
  • A slow attacking Roller with a long ranged horizontal flick but mid range vertical flick that has super good strafing speed. Slow rolling speed.
  • An average Roller that trades its long vertical flick for a faster flick with similar spread to its horizontal flick. But due to its increased speed is a solid 2HKO.
  • A slow long ranged 3HKO Brush.
  • What basically is an unscoped E-liter 4K Scope with a slightly longer charge time. With scoped variant with slightly more range.
  • An instant charge 3HKO short ranged Charger. Essentially an even faster but shorter ranged Bamboozler, that can store charge?
  • What can be essentially described as the Aerospray of Dualies. Short ranged, fast firing, 5HKO. But does have a crazy long but slow dodge roll.
  • To the other extreme, Jet Squelcher ranged Dualies that is a 3HKO but suffers terrible accuracy for its range. Dodge rolling fires a single 1HKO shot.
  • A super long ranged Brella. That's about it, I guess the spray spreads out faster so you're less likely to deal max damage at range. Also, super fast canopy.
  • To the opposite side, the slow, short ranged 1HKO Brella. Can hold its Brella like a shield as long as you have ink and probably isn't fragile like the Undercover and is not auto fire like the Undercover.
Has any other dataminer mentioned these? Assuming they continue doing 2 new weapons every month until December, that means just 8 more, so I'm guessing not all of these will become real if any. I like the sound of that fast rolling roller the most!

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
A hacker got their hands on the Bloblobber early - Apparently it has Inkstorm, not Inkjet.
I must admit, the Inkjet was making the Bloblobber a bit of a hard sell for me. Now that it's gone, I'm definitely gonna try it out on release.
From the same guy, he did upload a video of what may be properties for unreleased weapons. I say may be because the channel has only started posting stuff recently and among them are some miscellaneous other hacks. So the possibility for them not being legit is there.
  • The slow, short ranged 1HKO Brella. Can hold its Brella like a shield as long as you have ink and probably isn't fragile like the Undercover and is not auto fire like the Undercover.
I really hope that last Brella is legit, because I've always wanted a proper shotgun-type weapon no, the Rollers don't count, silly.

It's even got a sound and an animation that sorta looks like reloading (albeit a little glitchy).

Cephalobro

Anything likely for Sheldon's Picks? Maybe they will be a surprise for when the rest to the known weapons get released.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
That long-ranged brella doesn't kill worth a darn at long range but does over 90 point-blank. Comboed with the quick brella opening, it makes for a very quick kill. And it's great for inking paths.

The aerospray-dualies with the long roll could be annoying to deal with. Dive in from nowhere for a quick kill at close range, or tumble a huge distance away as an escape.

The heavy brella does 50 damage on contact and never launches. Ramming speed?

The brush and rollers look like garbage meme weapons so far.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
I'm starting to think we might not get a sheldon's picks. The main reason we got it in splat 1 was to give some underused weapons new light and hopefully diversify the weapons used in competitive. These days competitive has some of the most diverse team comps out there. Yeah you still have your go to all around weapons, but it's constantly shifting, old unused weapons get used more now, previously strong ones are used less etc. We also have to keep in mind that there are a lot of weapons now. We had 2 new classes added, and the other ones were expanded upon as well. By the time all the weapons and their variants are released, we'll have 102 weapons in total. 51 if we're talking purely main weapons.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Whether there's a Sheldon's Picks or more new weapons, or not, I'd like to see some new sub weapons and at least one new special.

Not that I'm complaining, just that those categories feel left out

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Whether there's a Sheldon's Picks or more new weapons, or not, I'd like to see some new sub weapons and at least one new special.

Well, a new sub does seem to be in the works.

This is from somebody with some datamining cred so it is legit.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I must admit, the Inkjet was making the Bloblobber a bit of a hard sell for me. Now that it's gone, I'm definitely gonna try it out on release.

I really hope that last Brella is legit, because I've always wanted a proper shotgun-type weapon no, the Rollers don't count, silly.

It's even got a sound and an animation that sorta looks like reloading (albeit a little glitchy).
Why would one of if not the best special turn you off of a weapon? If it's cause you're not good at using Inkjet, well the only way to improve with it is to use it!

Same, thankfully dataminers have also said a new special may be in the works.

EDIT: Also those weapons are indeed fake. A dataminer said no such weapons exist in this thread - https://www.reddit.com/r/splatoon/comments/8y01vy/datamine_spoilers_new_weapons_batch_added_in_v320/

Doesn't mean there can't still be new weapons, they just wont be those. I still think Sheldon's Picks is more likely though.

Last edited:

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I have to admit when I looked at the weapons that were showcase they seemed more like mods or hacks than an actual weapon concept,

(cuz a OHKO weapon with a .96 gal speed, and a roller with strafing speed of an n-zap o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

One thing all these weapon do though is they introduce some interesting concepts to add unique gimmicks to the weapons like the explosher ballpoint and (bathtub) do and I hope that the devs do look into using some of them, if there is a possibility for someone to "add" these in it would take much for the devs to create theses weapon and balance them appropriately

But it seems as of late they want at least each weapon class to have around 5 variants (based on the weapons they currently have in game) so I predict that we are probably going to get
2 new brella types
1 new dulies type
1 new roller
at least 1 new squeezer/ semi auto shooter type ( maybe a charge shot OHKO mechanic (like the rainmaker) instead a 0 rng shot)
and last but not least
1 new brush

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
Why would one of if not the best special turn you off of a weapon? If it's cause you're not good at using Inkjet, well the only way to improve with it is to use it!
Aww man, I didn't mean to say that the Inkjet is bad or that I'm not willing to improve (I use the Octo Shot Replica and Ballpoint Splatling so it's not like I don't use the Inkjet at all), I just prefer the Inkstorm as a special.

Personal preference > Competitive Viability for a casual like me. :p

I totally understand why people would want the Inkjet on a Slosher though.
EDIT: Also those weapons are indeed fake. A dataminer said no such weapons exist in this thread - https://www.reddit.com/r/splatoon/comments/8y01vy/datamine_spoilers_new_weapons_batch_added_in_v320/

Doesn't mean there can't still be new weapons, they just wont be those. I still think Sheldon's Picks is more likely though.
I have to admit when I looked at the weapons that were showcase they seemed more like mods or hacks than an actual weapon concept,

(cuz a OHKO weapon with a .96 gal speed, and a roller with strafing speed of an n-zap o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
Yeah, as much as I liked some of the concepts, they seemed too similar to other existing weapons to be new weapons.

It kinda reminds me of the old TF2 beta, where they used multiplies of the same weapons with different stats for testing purposes.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Aww man, I didn't mean to say that the Inkjet is bad or that I'm not willing to improve (I use the Octo Shot Replica and Ballpoint Splatling so it's not like I don't use the Inkjet at all), I just prefer the Inkstorm as a special.

Personal preference > Competitive Viability for a casual like me. :p

I totally understand why people would want the Inkjet on a Slosher though.

Yeah, as much as I liked some of the concepts, they seemed too similar to other existing weapons to be new weapons.

It kinda reminds me of the old TF2 beta, where they used multiplies of the same weapons with different stats for testing purposes.
It's not even just about how good they are, with Inkstorm you just throw it and that's it. It's good but just not the most fun or satisfying special imo, but to each their own! Can't complain though, the Bloblobber atleast has a good functional kit. The Nautilus though, meh. I may personally like Point Sensor, but I know objectively it's debatably the worst sub, and Baller doesn't make much sense on a slow to fire weapon. A shame as the main weapon itself should be pretty fun.

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid
Can't complain though, the Bloblobber atleast has a good functional kit. The Nautilus though, meh. I may personally like Point Sensor, but I know objectively it's debatably the worst sub, and Baller doesn't make much sense on a slow to fire weapon. A shame as the main weapon itself should be pretty fun.
Yeah, we're probably going to have to wait for the Nautilus 74 or 23 or 92 or 69 or whatever for a good kit. I'm not as excited for the Nautilus though as I am for the other splatling that's (probably) coming this week.
The Custom Hydra has ink mine and ink armor in the datamine. Just dropping splashdown is a big upgrade. Also, this is probably going to be one of the few weapons that can use ink mines well.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Is anyone hyped for the two new weapons coming out tomorrow? and the return of Anch-oh, it's THAT map. *Shudders from getting spawn-camped harder than Agent 3's fight*.
The Slosher enthusiast that I am cannot be anything but excited for tomorrow! We should also be seeing the Custom Hydra Splatlings and Light Tetra Dualies.

Yeah, we're probably going to have to wait for the Nautilus 74 or 23 or 92 or 69 or whatever for a good kit. I'm not as excited for the Nautilus though as I am for the other splatling that's (probably) coming this week.
The Custom Hydra has ink mine and ink armor in the datamine. Just dropping splashdown is a big upgrade. Also, this is probably going to be one of the few weapons that can use ink mines well.
If the Nautilus' alt kit doesn't have Curling Bomb I will cry. Hydra and Tetra alts are coming tomorrow without a doubt as there's no other alts left except for the new weapons. Ink Armor definitely makes more sense on Hydra than Splashdown, but Idk if Inkmine will be particularly great for it, certainly not as good as Rapid or Gloogas. Hydra cannot quickly navigate around the map and take frontline positions for key inkmine placements, not without higher risk atleast.

EDIT - Incase there was any doubt: https://splatoonus.tumblr.com/

Last edited:

Mata

Inkling
I played 3 on 4,and rankmeter change...and when someone dissconnect,should stay the same...

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Some days I adore JP Splatoon twitter, because when do we get this monstrosity?
Code:
https://twitter.com/nogizakamacho/status/1024127777358790656

But really, August 1st at 9am in Japan is when the next four weapons drop!
Code:
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/1024127593405022208

Also, if you haven't come across it yet, Siliconera and Nintendo Everything have posted interviews with the devs revealing some insightful design and lore details!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom