• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Luckily, the quality of the online is significantly worse and the amount of people playing seems to be significantly lower. It takes longer to get lobbies (especially in league) and the already shoddy quality of matching people around your power level in league is all over the place. The lag has also been out of control. As are the increase in drops.

I didn’t expect the online to get better. I just didn’t expect it to get this much worse.
Haven't noticed a difference. If anything, during Splatfest I actually saw less disconnects and laggy players than previous Splatfests. Otherwise, haven't noticed a single difference.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
LOL Splatoon 2 is getting it's own spirit bomb! :D only in Splatoon 2 version instead of giving energy all you have to do is booyah repeatedly,it's cool to see a dragonball reference in this game since i am a dbz/dbs fan i LOVE it ^-^

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Luckily, the quality of the online is significantly worse and the amount of people playing seems to be significantly lower. It takes longer to get lobbies (especially in league) and the already shoddy quality of matching people around your power level in league is all over the place. The lag has also been out of control. As are the increase in drops.

I didn’t expect the online to get better. I just didn’t expect it to get this much worse.
What makes you think the online is worse now? The only thing that has changed is that people now have to pay to keep playing. It's not like people who pay are more likely to have bad connections (you'd expect it to be the opposite, if anything).

You're likely just running into some bad luck. I've had quite the opposite experience lately.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
What makes you think the online is worse now? The only thing that has changed is that people now have to pay to keep playing. It's not like people who pay are more likely to have bad connections (you'd expect it to be the opposite, if anything).

You're likely just running into some bad luck. I've had quite the opposite experience lately.
I watch a ton of streams, and the majority of the ones I watch talk almost every day about experiencing the same thing since about a weekish before paid online started. That's hardly a scientific study, but neither is your individual experience.

And you don't know that the only thing that's changed is people now have to pay. It could be or maybe some stuff is happening behind the scenes that Nintendo hasn't told us. At any rate, my experience has been much worse since paid online and it was honestly solid enough (aside from match making) before paid online.

One thing I'll mention is that half the world has been rocked by various tropical storms for the last month+. This could be affecting infrastructure, including online infrastructure. I'm going to monitor if online gets better once trop season is over. And it would also make sense that Europe would be the least affected by changes in online quality as Europe is the place trops least affect.

So basically, I'm hoping it's either Nintendo working on stuff behind the scenes that will eventually lead to better online or it's weather-related issues completely out of Nintendo's control. But, like, I don't have a ton of faith in it being either of these things. It's just wishful thinking on my part.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I wonder how it'll function, like if you press ZR once you'll do a standard stamp attack and holding ZR will allow you to do a spin attack.
I always thought it work in a similar way to ink brush allowing you to kinda do quick swing then hold to do a heavy slam with splash damage
But I kinda like the idea of a spin attack but again with both it is just a problem with collisions

*sighs*

Like all good things in the world, my free trial for online has expired. This is so sad Alexa play Despacito.

(I'm sorry it's a reflex)
Well it is sad, paid internet is ok....I personally feel it is reasonable and has prokise for growth and improvement, though I kinda wish it would be a complete realease
Tho I will expect to see a huge resurgence once december arrives

Same here connections have been suprisingly stable even in Salmon run which most times has the most DC's for me

shudder

Senior Squid
I got a communication error last night playing Salmon Run and I don't think that's ever happened to me before. I agree with Spaceswitchmars, I think there might be something going on behind the scenes with the game, it feels a little different since the trial started last week, not really in a good way either, sort of feels like the tick rate is even lower now in some matches.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I got a communication error last night playing Salmon Run and I don't think that's ever happened to me before. I agree with Spaceswitchmars, I think there might be something going on behind the scenes with the game, it feels a little different since the trial started last week, not really in a good way either, sort of feels like the tick rate is even lower now in some matches.
I had one of these as well during Rainmaker almost right at the start of the match. I have extremely stable internet connection where I live, so I'd be surprised if it were a problem on my end, and the game didn't prevent me from entering another match for 5 minues like a DC normally does.

KiwiS

Inkling
Ok, the free week is over and I must say, on a Sunday I waited a few times to get enough people into the lobby, in fack there were unusually more Japanese players. I know that you can use hiragana/katakana even outside JP but the number of people with it surely has raised. More ds' as well but not as many as there were while the splatfast.
And lag. There was definitely more lag. I'm a little worried tbh. Hope Nintendo gets its **** together.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224

twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/1046686508462178304
twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/1046686783616901120

The other band of 4.0.0 revealed. Marks the return of Squid Squad's bassist.

Last edited:

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
One thing I didn’t miss at all from Splatoon 1 was that stupid death metal song, so I’m not amused to see that return. The rest of the first song seems okay though, albeit a little out of place compared to the rest of the songs added to S2.

I’m severely disappointed with all four songs added in this update. They’re all a solid B- when held to the same standard as Splatoon 1 songs and Chirpy Chips; they aren’t great, but not as bad as Ink Theory.

Last edited:

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
ok the weirdest thing just happend..and i am kinda salty about it..ok so we had a huge D/C match like 2 vs 3 at the start of the game ok we lost..but that is not why i am salty..the game had the nerve to call it a fair match and give me crack..yup you heard me right a CRACK..i mean wtf? i pay online membership for this unfair nonsense?! *flips my desk* -.-

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Can I ask why they keep giving sprinklers to weapons? Why is the Kensa Dynamo getting a sprinkler? Sprinklers are pretty awful now if I remember correctly. I mean...it has the Booyah Bomb so my chance of using it only decreased, but that's not the point.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Can I ask why they keep giving sprinklers to weapons? Why is the Kensa Dynamo getting a sprinkler? Sprinklers are pretty awful now if I remember correctly. I mean...it has the Booyah Bomb so my chance of using it only decreased, but that's not the point.
Where did you hear this?

BirdAndreo

Senior Squid
Yeah, i think sprinkler is a direct downgrade from Splatoon 1 since last nerf... sad

Where did you hear this?
They just announced the new 4 kensa weapons!

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Somewhat surprised to be seeing Kensa versions for the non-splat weapons. Maybe the slosher, brella et al. will come out with the Rockenburg collections

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
The only weapon I think I'll be trying out will be the Dynamo and maybe the Luna, I personally preferred the 1st collection of the Kensa weapons but that's probably cuz we haven't seen the potential of these new specials and subs.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
That Sloshing Machine is certainly tempting me to go ahead and pay for the online service! We don't yet know how good or not the Fizzy/Carbonate Bomb is and Splashdown isn't a preferred special anymore, but I'm still very interested in playing the weapon. It's kind of a combination of the vanilla Splattershot and vanilla Blaster in that it has an AoE main and sub weapon for easy Splashdown combos.

The Kensa Pro will no doubt be the most popular choice of the four with a solid main and sub weapon to go along with the hilarious new special. Dynamo is definitely held back a bit by the Sprinkler but should still be fun. Unless the Fizzy Bomb is really good, I don't see much reason to use the Kensa Luna Blaster over the vanilla though.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
That Sloshing Machine is certainly tempting me to go ahead and pay for the online service! We don't yet know how good or not the Fizzy/Carbonate Bomb is and Splashdown isn't a preferred special anymore, but I'm still very interested in playing the weapon. It's kind of a combination of the vanilla Splattershot and vanilla Blaster in that it has an AoE main and sub weapon for easy Splashdown combos.

The Kensa Pro will no doubt be the most popular choice of the four with a solid main and sub weapon to go along with the hilarious new special. Dynamo is definitely held back a bit by the Sprinkler but should still be fun. Unless the Fizzy Bomb is really good, I don't see much reason to use the Kensa Luna Blaster over the vanilla though.
Though I will agree with you on the Pro and Luna, I think that the Sprinkler is still a semisolid choice in the meta, I mean the Slosher Deco was still a popular slayer, and Heavy was a solid backliner even after the Sprinkler nerfs. It's also not as ink heavy like a bomb and they increased the durability so I mean...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom