• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Y'know I'm curious if they're gonna retool the alt kits which still aren't released.

I mean, we still don't have alt kits for the Explosher, Bloblobber, Ballpoint Splatling, and Nautilus 47. And all those have been in the files for some time, wonder if they plan to slot in new sub and special combos onto some of them, especially given there are still new ones that desperately need to be spread out.
It isn't unlikely they retooled the custom duelies and tenta brella variant (which would have had ink armor :() 2 or 3 times before they came out

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Y'know I'm curious if they're gonna retool the alt kits which still aren't released.

I mean, we still don't have alt kits for the Explosher, Bloblobber, Ballpoint Splatling, and Nautilus 47. And all those have been in the files for some time, wonder if they plan to slot in new sub and special combos onto some of them, especially given there are still new ones that desperately need to be spread out.
I’ve hypothesized that the Ballpoint Nouveau would come with Beakons and the Booyah Bomb. Crossing my Fingers here, because Splashdown is still garbage.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Booyah Bomb with special power up is going to be very annoying...on like any mode. Yeesh. But I'll be sure to give the Kensa Dynamo a go...when the hype for the new weapons die down.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
From what I've seen the armor on the Booyah Bomb is quite substantial! A single player is unlikely to take it down. Fizzy Bomb does a substantial 50 dmg on direct explosion hits.

Booyah Bomb with special power up is going to be very annoying...on like any mode. Yeesh. But I'll be sure to give the Kensa Dynamo a go...when the hype for the new weapons die down.
What does special power up do for it? And yeah, it may not be great for killing but it is good for playing the objective. Paint the zone, force people off tower, provide cover for you rainmaker/power clam push.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
I already had it up to here with the Booyah bombs. I literally cannot see a thing with all the bombs going off.

From what I've seen the armor on the Booyah Bomb is quite substantial! A single player is unlikely to take it down. Fizzy Bomb does a substantial 50 dmg on direct explosion hits.

What does special power up do for it? And yeah, it may not be great for killing but it is good for playing the objective. Paint the zone, force people off tower, provide cover for you rainmaker/power clam push.
I dunno about the power of it, but it increases the paint radius. As well as yes, the armor is really ridiculous. A direct shot from a blaster (and maybe charger?) is only able to get rid of the armor I think? I, personally, think that with as much range as it has and with as much turf it paints, it shouldn't have that much...then again it's probably salt talking.

Small edit: A direct, than indirect with the blasters still isn't enough to take it down. Like are you serious?

Last edited:

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
From what I could tell, Special Power Up increases the explosion radius slightly, but more importantly it improves how much it charges with each Booyah!, making it less vulnerable and more spammy. Maybe it also increases the armour effectiveness or how much special your teammates get with their own calls? I still haven't played a round since the update; I want to wait for the hype to die down.

I'm actually very amused to hear that you can't OHKO someone in the air with a blaster. Maybe now I won't get ambushed by Octobrushes like I do with Inkjets.

EastWest

Inkling
NNID
EastWest
Switch Friend Code
SW-3211-5108-2053
It doesn’t appear there is a variance in ink consumption with the Fizzy Bomb, regardless of how long it is charged. At all. Not even a little, which is the most interesting aspect of the sub to me, so far.

Doesn’t look like Sub Power Up changes the damage, nor does it increase the effective range of the non-direct explosion hits, nor does it affect time that it takes to “charge” it. It does increase the distance thrown, however, like most other subs. (Anyone feel free to corroborate or correct these assertions, this is just my personal testing with no SPU and all pures of SPU)

Overall interesting and exciting patch, almost moreso than last because we have all but gotten confirmation on a larger series of new weapons going into 2019. Awesome to hear all of your thoughts and opinions, especially from those of you regularly playing these weapons that you’ve gotten kinda surprise variants of.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I can corroborate your entire story on the Fizzy Bomb. Haven't used it in rank or league yet, because doing that right now is madness! But I am liking it and it's potential the more I use it. Also, it doesn't take that long to fully charge for the three explosions. Once you hear the snap or see the bulge, it's ready.

Also, here's a rough idea on the iframe for a Booyah Bomb:
Code:
https://twitter.com/8mphansible/status/1047355823134035968

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
the only thing i don't look forward to..is probably everyone going to use the new weapon and special..that brings back memories about the bloblobber hype..gah that wasn't fun at all! >.< maaaaybe i should wait a little while to play since usually after a week or so most will go back to other weapons ^^''

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
God this new stage sucks. Maybe it'll be better in SZ, but in TW at least, I could do without it.

Booyah Bomb is a bit underwhelming so far. However, Pavillon is a pretty damn bad stage for this special, so maybe I'll warm up to it. I can see it being more useful on more cramped stages, or in more concentrated modes like SZ. Once Pavillon drops out of constant rotation I'll give it another try.

Fizzy Bomb I have yet to try out, but I'm gonna take a break from the game for now because I'm sick of fighting againts 3 SS pros every match. At least it's pretty awesome the SS Pro has Splat Bomb.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
The new stage is the best Splat Zone stage ever and the worst for everything else. I am a Piyo main

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
so the new stage is working best with SZ and TW from what i see people saying here? i will keep this in mind whenever i see this stage for any other mode xD but wouldn't this stage work for CB then as well? just curious since CB seems to work on almost each stage :D

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I already had it up to here with the Booyah bombs. I literally cannot see a thing with all the bombs going off.

I dunno about the power of it, but it increases the paint radius. As well as yes, the armor is really ridiculous. A direct shot from a blaster (and maybe charger?) is only able to get rid of the armor I think? I, personally, think that with as much range as it has and with as much turf it paints, it shouldn't have that much...then again it's probably salt talking.

Small edit: A direct, than indirect with the blasters still isn't enough to take it down. Like are you serious?

Honestly I feel it is a fair trade off due to how long you charge it....though I do feel the ino armor should disappear once you charge it past a certain amount to balance, or speed up charge in compensation for weakening the armor
(I guess right it really is DBZ......)

However overall, I do think it isn't too bad kinda like tenta missles people will figure out how to work around it and counter it with ease
But in a synergy attack yeah this is very broken

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
So last night Discord was going on about a rumored event, but now itsi confirmed:
Code:
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/1047410998024400896?s=19
A Halloween event for our next Splatfest!

Also, I stand corrected on the Booyah Bomb. On reddit, Nasigoreng posted a clip of them splatting a bomber. Turns out it to be just ink armor with maybe as much health as a Tenta Brella or Rainmaker shield.

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
People, please stop posting links to the japanese twitter without a description/translation. What are the upcoming Halloween splatfest teams and dates?

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
Just woke up and checked Squidboard's Discord and found the translation. Maybe it's Trick or Treat?

you people from the US are sooooo lucky! i wish my country would celebrate this the same way you guys in the US do T~T halloween would probably be my favorite holiday!

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Kind of a repost, but the gear that we're going to be getting won't be splatfest exclusive. So we'll be able to keep them. We'll be getting them from the Squid Research lab news channel. And the theme is Trick vs Treat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom