• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Fizzy Bomb does a substantial 50 dmg on direct explosion hits.
Emphasis on "direct". It doesn't explode on contact like a Burst Bomb, but it only deals 50 damage if you're literally standing on it. The burst radius is tiny. You'll be doing 35 damage nearly every time (assuming you hit at all), and getting 50 twice is practically impossible. I do not see the utility of this thing unless you want to swim in the trail but you really despise curling bombs.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I’m going to work that angler fish mask into a gear set, just you watch me.

Tbh I wish we’d get the paper towel that the Jellies are wearing on their heads.

Also is nobody going to mention that you can charge the Fizzy a lot faster by jiggling the left joystick around? I feel like it’s been said a long time ago through datamines, but as per usual what seems like it should be a joke was not a joke.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Emphasis on "direct". It doesn't explode on contact like a Burst Bomb, but it only deals 50 damage if you're literally standing on it. The burst radius is tiny. You'll be doing 35 damage nearly every time (assuming you hit at all), and getting 50 twice is practically impossible. I do not see the utility of this thing unless you want to swim in the trail but you really despise curling bombs.
Actually by moving, shaking or jumping you can charge it nearly 79 frames faster

Also the amount of shields on the Booyah is around 500hp (so splatling will proabably be the best counter to the booyah bomb)

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
But likewise the Burst Bomb doesn't explode 3 times, which means 3 chances to hit and essentially 3 times the overall AoE. As said before the sub weapon isn't ment to kill on it's own but to assist and pressure, which is why it's great on Luna and Sloshing Machine as one hit potentially reduces their number of shots to splat. Also, it only cost 60% of the ink tank and is probably the best painting sub weapon in the game.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Actually by moving or jumping you can charge it nearly 79 frames faster

Also the amount of shields on the Booyah is around 500hp (so splatling will proabably be the best counter to the booyah bomb)
Oh baby, this is my time to shine.

I didn’t notice any improvement to charge speed from jumping, is that really the case? I haven’t tried shaking the controller though, that seems like it’d just mess up your aim more than anything. Think I’ll stick to tap dancing nearby.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I didn’t notice any improvement to charge speed from jumping, is that really the case? I haven’t tried shaking the controller though, that seems like it’d just mess up your aim more than anything. Think I’ll stick to tap dancing nearby.
It does, it will take just about under 2 jumps for it to full charge. However, charging form jumping is just slightly slower than if you just mash left and right (optimally). Both are still pretty much twice as fast as doing nothing. Shaking is also pretty much the same speed as moving optimally.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
But likewise the Burst Bomb doesn't explode 3 times, which means 3 chances to hit and essentially 3 times the overall AoE. As said before the sub weapon isn't ment to kill on it's own but to assist and pressure, which is why it's great on Luna and Sloshing Machine as one hit potentially reduces their number of shots to splat. Also, it only cost 60% of the ink tank and is probably the best painting sub weapon in the game.
Yup. The fact that you can throw it, follow it, and create an explosion behind your enemy that will bounce about for a good amount of time while you attack makes it the perfect sub for the luna. It doesn’t make it the best sub in a vacuum or potentially useful for any other weapon. But on the luna, it’s perfect. I never thought anything could outdo the Splat bomb for me, but this does. It’s everything I could want.

Hiro Protagonest

Full Squid
I can't believe I finally get to play Splatoon 1 on the Switch, Inkstrike making half the plays in Splat Zones.

The real dumb part about the Booyah Bomb is how it negates all sub bombs for the entire explosion duration. Like there's a reason that Baller doesn't do this, and that explosion is instant.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Did anyone get their codes for the Nintendo Switch Online gear yet?

Cephalobro

I can't believe I finally get to play Splatoon 1 on the Switch, Inkstrike making half the plays in Splat Zones.

The real dumb part about the Booyah Bomb is how it negates all sub bombs for the entire explosion duration. Like there's a reason that Baller doesn't do this, and that explosion is instant.
Just what I feared, first Blasters not going away in Tower Control, now an OP special. At least Damage Up is gone from the game.

Maave

Inkling Commander
I had to take a break for a while. Came back, got the hang of dualies, got the hang of short range blasters, and then I'm treated with a major update and Kensa Luna Blaster. I effin love this thing.

FYI, booya-ing for the Spirit Bomb will reveal your location in ink.

Does anybody have comments about the gyro latency? I haven't played snipers much since Splat1 because of this but Dude mentioned that it was improved recently.

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
Ugh, this are worst two weeks (plus extra week) for me. Since a week ago, I don't have proper wifi for my Switch (I'm using wifi hotspot) until next Friday. Is it possible to order Halloween gear from news later, especially next Friday? Do you have to order tomorrow only? And are these gear orderable? I don't want to miss out.
No all-Grizzco weapon round for me. ;_;

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Ugh, this are worst two weeks (plus extra week) for me. Since a week ago, I don't have proper wifi for my Switch (I'm using wifi hotspot) until next Friday. Is it possible to order Halloween gear from news later, especially next Friday? Do you have to order tomorrow only? And are these gear orderable? I don't want to miss out.
No all-Grizzco weapon round for me. ;_;
The news will be up for at least a couple weeks, so don't worry, you have time to get the Halloween loot.

Cephalobro

Contrary to what some say about the new music, I like that they put music that doesn't fit the punk vibe, keeps the game from being monotone, plus I always love it when developers take creative liberty and add variety to games in general.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
So, has anyone found out anything about the new Shifty Station? Because if it’s something like Inkrails, I want to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom