Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Sheldon is both a dealer and an inventor (though not a good one). When you bring him blueprints, he turns them into actual weapons for you. Of course, they're not really the weapons you brought him the blueprints for, just modified versions of existing weapons, but he does build those himself at least.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Sheldon is both a dealer and an inventor (though not a good one). When you bring him blueprints, he turns them into actual weapons for you. Of course, they're not really the weapons you brought him the blueprints for, just modified versions of existing weapons, but he does build those himself at least.
But he is a good inventor, depending of course on which weapon you're talking about. A majority of Sheldon's picks were actually quite good, even if they were on bad weapons, Aerospray PG, Sploosh 7, Zap 83, and Permabrush had kits that helped the weapon's the most. Kits such as Grim Range, Heavy Remix, Cherry, Wasabi, Berry Pro, and Fresh squiffer were also decent meta picks, with Cherry being one of the best support weapons at the time. The only sets that didn't really make sense were CoroCoro and Refurbished Mini but that's like 2ish weapons out of 16.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
And bulk shipping them red clothespins.
Speaking of which--when can we get those red clothespin as gear?!

I recall seeing one of the models wearing them as earrings, and as much as I like my "2" earrings, Opening Gambit isn't often useful to me.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Speaking of which--when can we get those red clothespin as gear?!

I recall seeing one of the models wearing them as earrings, and as much as I like my "2" earrings, Opening Gambit isn't often useful to me.

You mean this fine Woomy right here?

Other than that, maybe you could also choose where exactly you place them on your humanoid cephalopod as there was an Octoling with a clothespin on a hair suction cup.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Well, they have shown the Octoling amiibo gears, I like the wizard and knight themed ones, but the mascot one is just disgusting.
Let's be honest here, the cephalopod amiibo always has the objectively worse-looking gear for no apparent reason. And yes, I'm talking about the power armors.

Balloons not included.

Last edited:

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Well, they have shown the Octoling amiibo gears, I like the wizard and knight themed ones, but the mascot one is just disgusting.

That mascot costume is actually terrifying and I hope it comes before splatoween so I can be Spoopy and look like a serial killer in turf war. Now only if they could just bring back red ink.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Mmm... they're okay. I'm just disappointed that this is amiibo gear and not something we could get through the news or however. Was seriously wanting the OctoExpansion clothing instead.

Oh well. ┐(シ)┌

EDIT: I'm hearing that the Agent 8 outfit is going to be a Japanese exclusive. *sulks in corner*

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
the only 1 i find decent is the knight gear..but tbh i was actually hoping 1 of those amiibos had the octoling outfit from the octo expansion >.< so personally i am kinda disappointed with the gear we are getting with these amiibos ^^''

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
I'm hearing that the Agent 8 outfit is going to be a Japanese exclusive. *sulks in corner*
There is no word or set of words in any language that properly describes my disgust and disdain for this decision regarding any piece of gear, but with this set in particular I draw the line. There is no excuse whatsoever for this gear to be Japan exclusive.

Cephalobro

Yep, I'm very disappointed in the decision of making single-player gear Replicas become Japan-exclusive, to me, being able to dress up as the agents in Splatoon is what makes me want to keep playing the game, I remember that for a long time before Octo Expansion, I would always dress up my Inkling to be a male Agent 3. With one of the legwear options for guys, it would've been very easy to dress up as Agent 8. Of the Replicas, I wanted the Agent 4 armor the most since another legwear for guys has a resemblance to the legwear seen when using the armor in Octo Canyon.

Last edited:

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
There is no word or set of words in any language that properly describes my disgust and disdain for this decision regarding any piece of gear, but with this set in particular I draw the line. There is no excuse whatsoever for this gear to be Japan exclusive.
if this is gonna happen i will be so ****ing pissed! -.- this unfairness starts to really rub me the wrong way..it is obvious who they favor >.> i know for a fact we had to miss out more gear cause they were to selfish to let the people outside Japan enjoy the gear as well.either make it avaible for everyone or don't make it at all.

Last edited:

Maave

Inkling Commander
if this is gonna happen i will be so ****ing pissed! -.- this unfairness starts to really rub me the wrong way..it is obvious who they favor >.> i know for a fact we had to miss out more gear cause they were to selfish to let the people outside Japan enjoy the gear as well.either make it avaible for everyone or don't make it at all.
I'm still buttmad about the Japan-exclusive cuff earrings (the CoroCoro Emperor gear). I picked my earrings IRL to match the Squid Sisters. I want cuff earrings in-game so bad

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
By the way, page 150! Congrats again @SquidKid85!

(Even though I didn’t get to be the first poster...)
Ah, thanks everyone! I know I don’t post much anymore, but I’m glad that everyone is still enjoying it here. I would think, with all the stages being released now, that the lists are basically done. I just need to add a few things and we should be set. Next stop, 200. Thanks again everyone! You squids and octos are awesome!

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
I'm still buttmad about the Japan-exclusive cuff earrings (the CoroCoro Emperor gear). I picked my earrings IRL to match the Squid Sisters. I want cuff earrings in-game so bad
ikr?! i really liked that outfit as well and that earring is just so awesome looking! besides i do like team Emperor not gonna lie but why again only Japan gets to dress their inkling/octoling as them? >.>

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I constantly bring up the notion that we need more minimalist headgear in this game. Clearly they don’t want to introduce piercings though, as the Emperor set has a simple cuff and the Amiibo set just uses a clip-on earring.

C’mon devs. I want tunnels, and industrials, and helixes, and eyebrow rings - make my Inkling afraid to walk through a metal detector!

Also I looked up “Buttmad” and found this.

It looks like Trump, only less orange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom