• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I feel like I'll be useless on Inkrails as a Splatling user. Maybe I'll just hold back and pick people off with their extremely predictable movement pattern while they use them.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
I feel like I'll be useless on Inkrails as a Splatling user. Maybe I'll just hold back and pick people off with their extremely predictable movement pattern while they use them.
Depends, you could use an aggro Splatling and go Mini or Nautilus and unleash a hell storm of bullets whilst remaining mobile on the rails.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Ah...inkrails. Seems like the perfect way to get sniped from the distance. I mean...your movement is very predictable while on there, so. I dunno how I feel about them. Guess I'll wait to see how it plays out during the Fest.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Depends, you could use an aggro Splatling and go Mini or Nautilus and unleash a hell storm of bullets whilst remaining mobile on the rails.
It could work, but I never play too agro; the only thing that actually frustrates me and sets me off my game is being splatted endlessly.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Those are grind rails so swimming is optional, but they're a one-way street from point a to point b. Which will make targets even more predictable, but they have the option to safely jump and shoot back. Double-edged like a mofo.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Contrary to what some say about the new music, I like that they put music that doesn't fit the punk vibe, keeps the game from being monotone, plus I always love it when developers take creative liberty and add variety to games in general.
I am fine with new music (but calling the old music "punk" is a huge stretch), I just wish they would bring back the fairly superior tracks from Splatoon 1. There is zero reason not to, it is not like they have to compose the songs again.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I am fine with new music (but calling the old music "punk" is a huge stretch), I just wish they would bring back the fairly superior tracks from Splatoon 1. There is zero reason not to, it is not like they have to compose the songs again.
I suspect that the reason they don’t want to do that is because they want to keep with the theme of several years having passed since the timeline of Splatoon 1 - styles have changed, music changed, it’s a different place and time. Squid Squad disbanded and then the bassist returned as the awful vocalist of Diss-Pair in the 4.1.0 update.

That being said, the music files are in the game and are unlockable in Squid Beatz 2, so I’m down to have them back in multiplayer.

Cephalobro

Don't expect old music to come back to multiplayer any time soon. As unfortunate as it is, all signs point to them being Amiibo exclusive unlockables that won't appear in multiplayer. (Even though I really wished Hightide Era returned)

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
We probably won't see music return in mutliplayer, ever. Purely on thematic reasons. Splatoon is played up like a living breathing world, as just like radio music trends in the real world, they tend to stick with what is most relevant in the here and now. The old tunes of 2 years ago are out of style of irrelevant.

So whenever we get a Splatoon 3, we probably won't see any returning music from 1 or 2. Having its new roster of new bands or new tracks from returning bands.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
The only kind of music I'd expect to stay somewhat consistent in the fluid world of Splatoon would be the single player tracks by Turquoise October which is best band.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Clothes go out of fashion as fast as music does, and yet nearly all the original clothes returned. And some music never gets old. Heck, Calamari Inkantation returned, albeit as a remix. We really ought to see remixes of other old music as well.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Clothes go out of fashion as fast as music does, and yet nearly all the original clothes returned. And some music never gets old. Heck, Calamari Inkantation returned, albeit as a remix. We really ought to see remixes of other old music as well.
Clothes are always there, there isn't a station broadcasting them. In premise, Splatoon's music is all music being played over speakers by some radio station probably.

Calamari only returned cause it has plot relevance. Also, it's a Single Player track and has little bearing on mutliplayer music. Also, Splatoon bands are part of the big cooporate music world, bands aren't gonna remix other people's work, especially given how there really isn't that huge of a time gap for these artists. Unless we get a DJ style artist like Dedf1sh as a multiplayer artist.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Clothes are always there, there isn't a station broadcasting them. In premise, Splatoon's music is all music being played over speakers by some radio station probably.

Calamari only returned cause it has plot relevance. Also, it's a Single Player track and has little bearing on mutliplayer music. Also, Splatoon bands are part of the big cooporate music world, bands aren't gonna remix other people's work, especially given how there really isn't that huge of a time gap for these artists. Unless we get a DJ style artist like Dedf1sh as a multiplayer artist.
I...........actutally want this in game now, plz give it to me Nintendo

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Also, Splatoon bands are part of the big cooporate music world, bands aren't gonna remix other people's work, especially given how there really isn't that huge of a time gap for these artists.
Bands cover other bands all the time. They don't even wait for two years in many cases

DJ Particle

Senior Squid
NNID
DJParticle
Switch Friend Code
SW-0728-9987-8856
Bands cover other bands all the time. They don't even wait for two years in many cases
I mean, look at Squid Squad's "Now or Never" (and the liner notes for "Splatune" establish that Squid Squad originated the tune in-universe). That song's had 3 covers already (Squid Sisters, Wet Floor, Off The Hook)

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
I know I'm late to the party on this but after trying the new Kensa weapons all I can say is,

HOW CAN A CLOTHING COMPANY MAKE BETTER WEAPONS THAN THE WEAPON COMPANIES THEMSELVES!?
Pretty sure they just commission paint jobs and then Sheldon slaps on new kits he's been brainstorming.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Pretty sure they just commission paint jobs and then Sheldon slaps on new kits he's been brainstorming.
I'm actually pretty sure that Sheldon is a dealer, not a manufacturer. I think Toni Kensa commissions the weapon factories to do all the weapon painting and kit making.

And bulk shipping them red clothespins.

Toni Kensa also plagiarized the Takoroka Power Stripes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom