• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cephalobro

There could be the possibility that the Agent 4 armor, the white Null Armor and the Agent 8 base gear can still be given out as Salmon Run rewards. This could actually be used to keep players playing Splatoon 2 for another year while Splatfests start to wind down.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
There could be the possibility that the Agent 4 armor, the white Null Armor and the Agent 8 base gear can still be given out as Salmon Run rewards. This could actually be used to keep players playing Splatoon 2 for another year while Splatfests start to wind down.
I like the idea of getting the base Agent 8 gear. Those fluorescent rings were pretty flashy, and the Neo Octoling chestpiece that we DO have has a trash ability, otherwise I’d main that shirt rather than a weapon.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Eh, wasn't much of a fan of the Octoling gear in general, there isn't anything about them that really stands out to me. I personally found the suits a little to fan servicey, exposing the Octoling's Innies certainly garnishes the internet with 'fanart'. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Cephalobro

At least the rest of the Octoleet set is to be given through Salmon Run anyways, most likely the Octoleet Armor in November and the Octoleet Boots in December. Starting in January, they might switch new gears mid month every month in order to end support with a bang, with the Grizzco worker gear pieces being Salmon Run rewards right at the very end.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I love the costumes even the mascot one for just how silly it is! But sadly no matter how good they are I can't justify paying $30-$40 for em. Don't see why they can't sell dlc separately from amiibo, we know they can thanks to Octo Expansion, but eh ahwells.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I love the costumes even the mascot one for just how silly it is! But sadly no matter how good they are I can't justify paying $30-$40 for em. Don't see why they can't sell dlc separately from amiibo, we know they can thanks to Octo Expansion, but eh ahwells.
You can think of DLC in two ways. It can be a cheaper purchase you buy digitally once for one thing/package. Or it can be like Amiibos where you buy one physical thing and it gets you less per game but works on a ton of games (and you can expect to be able to use on plenty of future games).

I agree with you that I wish we'd be able to get these as a cheap digital download, but I think the pricing on Amiibo is pretty fair given that you can probably use these on a bunch of games for the next 10-15 years. In a perfect world, Nintendo would give us both options (unlock them with Amiibo or unlock them with a paid download).

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
You guys do know that you can buy NFC cards for like, super cheap and assign an amiibo right?

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
True, though we sometimes don't mention it outright as some view discussion about it on the same level as discussing console hacking, cracks, and roms. ¬¬

Though oddly enough, I keep seeing them pop up on Amazon, Etsy, etc. and tend to hang around for some time. ┐(シ)┌

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Hey, uhh regarding the fact that Booyah Bomb can tank post roll Dapplies thanks to the insane armor it has; does Object shredder affect how quickly you can destroy it? :Think Emoji:

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Hey, uhh regarding the fact that Booyah Bomb can tank post roll Dapplies thanks to the insane armor it has; does Object shredder affect how quickly you can destroy it? :Think Emoji:
I believe some initial tests says it doesn't. It SHOULD, and while we're at it, it should also help break Brella shields

I’m wrong lol. See the video a few posts down.

Last edited:

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I believe some initial tests says it doesn't. It SHOULD, and while we're at it, it should also help break Brella shields.
Object Shredder definitely helps against Brellas. Before they nerfed Bloblobber object damage, I was absolutely ripping Brella shields apart with Object Shredder.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Object Shredder definitely helps against Brellas. Before they nerfed Bloblobber object damage, I was absolutely ripping Brella shields apart with Object Shredder.
Pretty sure Object shredder doesn't apply to Brella shields. But Sloshers receive a 2x damage multiplier, and regarding the fact that the Bloblobber releses four bubbles per once that deal 30 damage each. This equates to 240 damage per shot on brella shields with 500 hp (Splat), 800 hp (Tenta), and 200 hp (Undercover).

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Huh. Wiki says you're right. Could have sworn it did. That's kind of silly.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Supposedly object shredder only applies to a brella when it's free of its user. Don't know how accurate that is though. I probably should but I hardly run into anyone using object shredder as a regular loadout.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Supposedly object shredder only applies to a brella when it's free of its user. Don't know how accurate that is though. I probably should but I hardly run into anyone using object shredder as a regular loadout.
According to the wiki Brella shields are not in any way, shape, or form affected by Object Shredder.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I wanted to follow up on this Object Shredder discussion; the "initial tests" I was referring to when looking into Booyah Bomb's armour were performed with a Bamboozler's full charge shots. I don't know why I didn't clue into this earlier, but that's a gigantic margin of error in either direction given the base damage of the shots, so it's no wonder OS didn't decrease the number required. Apparently Object Shredder DOES affect damage dealt to the Booyah Bomb's armour from +4.4% to +9.56% (my guess is either 5% or 7.5%)

@Metasepia @Ansible @MindWanderer

As for the deployed/stationary Brella shield, I believe you can consider them to be the same entity considering damage is carried over from stationary to deployed (if it has 200HP left when it's deployed, the moving shield starts with 200HP), I'll assume OS affects them in the same manner, which is to say OS doesn't affect either.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom