Splatoon 2 : The sequel ideas thread

How do you feel about thsee ideas

• Total voters

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
Well while I got a lot better at assessing the situation and prevent several deaths by not jumping or only jumping to the right player (usually the sniper because he's most likely to stand in a position with some cover). But still, often I see that there are no ink changes in the area and I jump, but while I'm jumping I see that enemy ink is spread on the map or the main screen and when I'm landing it's already fully covered in enemy ink. Or an inkstrike/killer wail launches while I'm already jumping. You can't foresee these things and not even Stealth Jump can fix this problem.
So while I agree about risk and reward, I don't think it's really balanced right now.

Oh also, another addition regarding the gear:

Saving specific sets. I have some sets of gear that go well with some specific weapon. It would be cool to save weapon + gear as a set (maybe even naming it), especially since the gear menu is the opposite of clearly arranged and it gets rather messy to equip the desired piece of gear quickly when you have almost all of the gear. And that brings me to another point:
List view for gear and also filtering your gear by special, brand and rarity/stars. Also it would be nice to see the amount of p for each piece of gear, similar to the weapons.
Ya sometimes there isn't anything that can be done. Jumping into killer wails/ink strikes are the worst haha. I'm just not sure how it could be made so that it is more fair for jumpers without making it unfair for the enemy team such as if they were waiting to get you when you landed.

Gear sets would be nice, reminds me of Monster Hunter where you can save and name your armour/weapon sets. It would help keep things more organized and it wouldn't take so long to change sets.

Speaking of the shoutout "C'mon" I'm pretty sure the localization team took it from the Japanese version which is "come on", but for English speakers it can have several meanings so it doesn't always work well.

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
I'm just not sure how it could be made so that it is more fair for jumpers without making it unfair for the enemy team such as if they were waiting to get you when you landed.
I'd say make the jumper invulnerable for 2-3 seconds but in return he can't attack during that time. :)

Ah okay so that's where the 'c'mon' command came from. Still, NoA could've changed it into something more clear. ;)

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
I'd say make the jumper invulnerable for 2-3 seconds but in return he can't attack during that time. :)

Ah okay so that's where the 'c'mon' command came from. Still, NoA could've changed it into something more clear. ;)
lol didn't you see me and birdiebee talking about that?

oh was in a different thread:
カモン is "kamon!" Its literally just c'mon stolen from English and Japanized. Its an informal/childish way to tell someone to come over to you. I have students who say "カモン!" when they want me to come over and answer a question. Its a bit rude I guess but I'm really laid back so I just think its funny.

The proper Japanese phrase for come is "きて" (kite, command form of kuru) or, perahps, "こち" (kochi, or "this way") might work, but Splatoon is all about being hip and fresh so カモン makes more sense in the context of inkling culture. ここ does mean "here" you're right but it doesnt contain or imply any command of action.
Yeah, I think it might imply a sense of urgency like it does in English but it really is only limited to wanting someone to go over to you. Like, they wouldnt say "OH COME ON" if you got splatted or something.

Zach627

Full Squid
NNID
Zach-MK8
It hasn't even been a year but "splatoon is almost over"

sammich

Inkling Cadet
i just wanna see:

1. free-ability gear (e.g. keep ninja-jump shoe specific but not limited to specific shoes, etc.).
2. a better rolling system that you can "save" instead of having to throw away everything every time.
3. another mode or two
4. something offline that's fun, which ties into:
5. another controller that is fun to use (wii motion plus? idk, SOMETHING that the system can use two of)
6. LAN support (i don't even do this, but i think it's dumb that tourney people HAVE to play online)
7. a more active target practice mode (no way to do it with moving targets?)
8. spectator mode
9. in-game voice chat. if not ranked-only then at LEAST with friends.
10. a playground/lobby area to mess around with friends without a time limit
11. a harder single-player campaign built around more weapon types

Last edited:

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
It hasn't even been a year but "splatoon is almost over"
You think? I disagree. The recent update gave me (and some others that I know of) a lot of reasons to continue playing, mainly because the changed abilities make useless items useful again. There are so many pieces of gear that I left aside (or didn't even buy) before, unlocking and rerolling the slots to put together new sets will take a lot of time.
Plus the new weapon DLCs, they will add even more hours to the tally.
this is pretty much exactly what the sloshing machine is, though?
I heard people comparing it more to a shotgun. I love grenade launchers in other games and always wanted something similar in Splatoon. I literally mean the equivalent of a gun shooting bombs - like burst bombs, splat bombs or suction bombs. Although I think burst bombs would be the best fit. Blasters are somewhat similar, but not quite what I had in mind. The projectiles should behave exactly like burst bombs.

Zach627

Full Squid
NNID
Zach-MK8
You think? I disagree. The recent update gave me (and some others that I know of) a lot of reasons to continue playing, mainly because the changed abilities make useless items useful again. There are so many pieces of gear that I left aside (or didn't even buy) before, unlocking and rerolling the slots to put together new sets will take a lot of time.
Plus the new weapon DLCs, they will add even more hours to the tally.
I heard people comparing it more to a shotgun. I love grenade launchers in other games and always wanted something similar in Splatoon. I literally mean the equivalent of a gun shooting bombs - like burst bombs, splat bombs or suction bombs. Although I think burst bombs would be the best fit. Blasters are somewhat similar, but not quite what I had in mind. The projectiles should behave exactly like burst bombs.
No no no, you might have misunderstood my point. The guy who made this thread was saying that splatoon is almost over, and I was trying to say that the pace for next splatoon is a bit fast

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
No no no, you might have misunderstood my point. The guy who made this thread was saying that splatoon is almost over, and I was trying to say that the pace for next splatoon is a bit fast
so he did.. now i am going ...
wat?

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
To automatically boot one member of the opposing team out of the match in the case the other team has a dc'd teammate..

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
To automatically boot one member of the opposing team out of the match in the case the other team has a dc'd teammate..
That sounds like it would be really frustrating, to be honest. You'd essentially be getting kicked because of something out of your control.

The game should replace DC'ed teammates with AI instead.

Sgo-J

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yulwei
What I'd like to see as far as single player goes is:
  1. longer missions
  2. more missions
  3. more enemy types using more diverse weaponry (male humanoid octarians, please)
  4. There should be a hero version of every weapon class and sub class so rollers/ shooters (class) and brushes/blasters (subclass)
  5. More single player rewards like unlocking one of the hero weapons by completing single player with that weapon rather than locking it behind Amiibo
  6. all subs to be usable in single player including sprinklers, disruptors, walls and point sensors
  7. more ways to traverse the levels
  8. More minigames at least two in game the rest can be amiibo exclusive
  9. Horde mode battling waves of Octarians like Flag of Power in PvZ GW 2

Crystal C

Inkster Jr.
One thing that I definately want almost more than anything is more customization options. Thinks like pants, hairstyles, accessories anything like that. I want to make my inkling look as cute as possible dammit!! Another thing that I would like to see changed is the way that abilities are handled. I have no idea why they decided to make abilities randomized. Either way higher competitive players are still going to go for more optimized sets with abilities they want and non competitive players probably won't care so all that having them be randomized does is waste allot of people's time. Also some other things like a bigger more involved story mode would be nice. Actually that leads into something else that I would like to see which I haven't really seen to many people talk about. That being said I would love it if they would just expand upon the "world" of Splatoon. This is stuff that would probably be stuff like history and culture and it would probably be more explained in the story mode and game mechanics.

Speeking of mechanics lets get into some more technical talk. As much as I think it does work I really do feel like the ranked system needs a change. This coming from someone who is almost rank S+ 99 I really feel like ranked mode can be a bit intimidating or down right frustrating for some players. Maybe if there was some mode where you can play all the ranked gamemodes and get money like how you do in turf war but it doesn't affect your rank. This way new players can test the water and have fun, where as competitive players can try out new things without fear of losing rank. Although you would still be pit against people of your own rank. Also I would just love to see new kinds of weapons and game mechanics introduced.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
(*edit* There we go, all fixed.)

Here's an idea that I haven't seen yet, unless I've glanced over it. Instead of having separate modes for Turf Wars and everything else (or, more accurately, to expand on this setup), I'd have it as follows:

So we have the normal Turf War mode, which is the same ol' Turf War we know. No skill tracked, just get out there and make a bloody mess.
Next is a new mode, what I'd call Objective Battle. This is a non-ranked mode like the above mode, and it contains both the normal Ranked Battle gametypes and a modified version of Turf War described in the spoiler below. Skill isn't tracked here, either.
Lastly, we have the regular Ranked Battle mode. This one doesn't have Turf War in any capacity, but it does contain the other three modes. Skill is tracked, and players are given a rank based on how well they play (at least, that's the intent).

This is more-or-less a normal game of Turf War, but with one important difference: if a team gets put in "Danger!" a 1-minute countdown begins. The losing team has until then to get themselves out and perhaps turn things around. If the minute passes and they're still taking a beating, then the other team is awarded a victory by knockout. To ease the situation a little bit, the losing team gets some boosts to their respawn rate (and perhaps defense as well, I haven't fully decided yet) for as long as they're in "Danger!" mode.

Oh, and the time limit is 5 minutes instead of 3.

As for how level points are awarded... 1 point is earned per 200p worth of turf inked, capping at 3 points for 600p inked. The winning team gets 2 extra points & a bonus 300p added to their end-of-game totals; in addition, an extra point is given to the team's MVP (the player who inked the most turf overall), and another is given to the winning team if they can win via knockout. Maximum total: 7 points.

The idea is to create a sort of halfway point between the two existing modes. You see, outside of Private Battles and Recon mode, there isn't really a way to practice for the ranked gametypes*. You're basically forced to take a blind leap in and learn as you go, which can result in many a rough start for first-timers and returning players. On the other hand, vanilla Turf War never really struck me as being in league with those gametypes, what with being much shorter and having no real objective beyond "don't let the other team win." So this would provide people a way to play/enjoy Splatoon's objective gametypes without having to worry about their rank taking a beating if they're having a bad day.

Wishful thinking? Probably.

*A case could be made for Turf Wars being a kind of practice mode for Splat Zones, but the other two have no such equivalent. Hell, if anything Tower Control's a practice mode for Rainmaker.

Last edited:

MrMFC

Inkling
NNID
ilFurkan
Things I'd like for Splatoon 2:

- A Clan tag option (kinda annoying how you gotta change your mii's name for that)

- New Game Mode called "Conquest" or something like that: It's a mix of Turf War and Splat Zones, so basically the whole map consists of zones and your team has to conquer these zones with ink till you get to the enemy's base

image.jpg

Blue: In control of Blue Team
Red: In control of Red Team
White (unless it's in a team's base): Not in control of anyone

As you can see here you can't just go to the enemy's base and conquer it, you need to conquer zones till you get there.

- There are many cool things in singleplayer which you can't use in multiplayer -> having some of these in some maps

- Overall bigger singleplayer with deeper story

- Many of the things that are already listed in this thread

AlsoDededork649

Pro Squid
NNID
DARandall4711
Most of the stuff here sounds great, but I might have missed a few. Here's my idea(s):

After you hit Level 50, the shop member (be it Crusty Sean, Sheldon, Annie and Moe, or Jelonzo) goes insane with how fresh you are and says something like, "You should be making your own gear / weapon!" You can customize current weapons in the sequel that already exist by giving them a paintjob (or inkjob, haha) and make new gear to look how you want it to look. For balancing reasons, you can only make 3 weapons, 2 pieces of headgear, 2 shirts, and 2 pairs of shoes.

Also would like there to be more amiibo missions, or take the amiibo missions from this game, make them come with Spla2n, and make new ones.

Then there's the single-player elements in multi-player, a new controller for Spla2n that has a gyroscope and basically acts like a Pro Controller otherwise, local multiplayer that can be done with that controller, THE ABILITY TO ADD BOTS WITH OCTOLING (or better) AI, for private battles, or local multiplayer, and a bunch of new features.

Imagine if Spla2n was also on the New 3DS. In theory it could work...

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
What I definitely want is more customization. More clothes, and pants. Maybe more brands and abilities, too. Trading would be awesome. I'd also think having a room that you can decorate would be cool. You know when you go to change gear it has the one option screen? What if that was inside an apartment that you could walk around in rather than just a menu, like the one you see when booting up the game? I'd like to have more things you can do in the plaza, and adding a trading center and an apartment building or something would be a cool way to do that. What about weekly leaderboards for minigames? Definitely more hair/tentacle options. And also the ability to choose if your inkling is right or left handed.

Last edited:

Sgo-J

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yulwei
What I'd like to see is more involvement from Callie and Marie:
Single player
- you interact with them in person rather than over the radio like you do with Captain Cuttlefish. Marie buffs you weapons and Callie buffs you.
Multi player
- As Agents 1 and 2 they are your only source of Cuttlegear and Hero Replicas
-Marie sells you a hero version of a weapon once you achieve 999999p with it
-Callie sells you clothing which is unlocked by reaching certain level milestones gear like post lvl 20 gear and single player rewards and more
-They both reward you with a single sea snail for completing certain objectives per rotation like turfing 2000p of turf or dunking the fish 10 times

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom