• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 3 Wishlist

Sandtide

Senior Squid
NNID
Vegsushi64
Recurring villains means creativity with the story is severely limited, I mean, how many more silly plans Bowser will keep doing in an attempt to keep Peach away from Mario before ultimately deciding that this isn't worth it anymore? How many times will Ganon attempt to take over Hyrule or get the complete Triforce before finally giving up? There has to be a stopping point regarding recurring villains. I like the creativity that Splatoon has going for and I don't want that to be ruined by anything, even by a recurring villain.
I like how there is literal in-game lore showing that if Bowser marries Peach all dimensions will crumble into an all consuming void but Nintendo forgot about it in Mario Oddessy and'll probably continue to do so till the end of time. Hope Splatoon doesn't accidentally go back on it's lore in an attempt to do something new.

Cephalobro

I like how there is literal in-game lore showing that if Bowser marries Peach all dimensions will crumble into an all consuming void but Nintendo forgot about it in Mario Oddessy and'll probably continue to do so till the end of time. Hope Splatoon doesn't accidentally go back on it's lore in an attempt to do something new.
As long as they don't use the Octarians as the antagonists anymore, we should be good.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
Wouldn't it be great if we could get gear from Amiibos from other games? In some games like SSBU, almost all Amiibos give you something or another. Imagine running around Splatsville with a Meta Knight Mask covering your ink/octoling's face or a Pikmin stem emerging from their head that changes by ink color. Maybe you could get to wear denim shorts if you use a Ness or Lucas, and maybe you could get a torn Mushroom vs. Superstar Splatfest Tee replica from a Mario. Maybe Tom Nook could upgrade your living space if we get one. Maybe Luigi would unlock an ink Poltergust. Maybe Palutena would give Quick Super Jump to any gear with an open slot.

Also some sort of Slosher victory where your ink/octoling puts the bucket on their head. Giving Brushes a distinct set of victory and loss animations would also make sense sine they're so much lighter. Maybe an animation where they do a fencing salute?

Last edited:

kolafuji

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3784-9256-1211
personally i'd like more weapons e.g. katanas and swords (which are stylised to make splatoon still pg13). that'd be really cook and they could be like a melee in a custom class

on the topic of custom classes, i'd like a secondary as a sub which could be an amazing mechanic if it goes through and nintendo actually makes it well, these secondary weapons could include the katanas and swords as stated above, a cool, new and intuitive sub ability or a weapon that is marked as a secondary weapon and looks like a pistol or another real-life weapon which is stylised to be and look pg13

please don't hesitate to tell me if a. you don't understand and you want me to clarify or b. you want to add something to make this even more of a cool idea

thanks,
kolafuji

pio_dov

Pro Squid
More Brushes! There's only two Brush-class mains, so another one would be awesome. Preferably one that doesn't instantly take up all your ink. If you run down all the ramps of Morray towers with a Carbon Roller, you still have a decent amount of ink left. If you run down with an Octobrush your ink runs out about three quarters of the way down. That doesn't make any sense, since the Carbon Roller's track is more than twice as wide of the Octobrush's track. I hope we can get a new Brush for that reason, and that there's so much space in between the Carbon and the Octobrush, you could easily fit another weapon there.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
What if This Way! (preferably changed to "Over Here!") and Booyah! (preferably changed to something more normal for Gen Z) stayed as the top and bottom buttons, but the side two would vary by mode? Maybe Turf War could have Watch Out! and Help Me Out! (different from This Way, since This Way usually indicates something good is that way, such as a Power Clam or the Rainmaker), Splatzones could have the same as Turf War, Rainmaker could have Defend Me! and Let Them Take it..., Tower Control could have Wrong Way! and Hop On!, and Clam Blitz could have Pass Me Clams! and Defend the Basket!

Another thing Nintendo could do is give us a mic and do some sort of speech to text thing where what we say appears in a chat box. Offensive and inappropriate words will be censored and saying such things could gives you strikes (three strikes and you loose online for five minutes) Thought that might work to sort of give us VC, but not exactly.

Elbowtross

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
elbowtross256
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8505-2901
Booyah! (preferably changed to something more normal for Gen Z)
The use of "Booyah!" honestly has charm to it that adds to its very 90s vibe that Splatoon has going for it. Using more contemporary slang would make the game feel surprisingly more dated. esp. over time

CodyMKW

Pro Squid
NNID
CodyMKW
Switch Friend Code
SW-2549-4631-6600
I kinda want 2 extra shoutouts that way we would have 4 for each direction on the Dpad

Emperor2308

Full Squid
The use of "Booyah!" honestly has charm to it that adds to its very 90s vibe that Splatoon has going for it. Using more contemporary slang would make the game feel surprisingly more dated. esp. over time
Well the thing is for me, Fortnite and Roblox have their emotes and dances ( sry I dnt play any of these 2 ) and even Minecraft has emotes. Booyah is original for a game like Splatoon and there cannot be a Let's go! Bomb. Same as the Princess Cannon. Imagine Pearl shouting LET"S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. ( Which may actually work now that I realize it ) . They're both good ideas though.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
I imagine people (me) would get upset if the New Squidbeak Splatoon characters don't return, but that might be hard to do. Here're some ways they could still be part of the story in a different city:

* Something manages to happen to literally all of the Agents. Someone associated with the NSS is concerned that if they keep recruiting Agents from Inkopolis people will find out about the agency, so they decide to head to another big city.

* Someone gets separated from the others and ends up in Splatsville where they recruit a new Agent.

* Octavio plans to do something in the Splatlands so the NSS wants a local Agent to deal with it.

* The NSS as a secret society has become international.

* Agent 4 goes on a field trip to the Splatlands some time prior the events of Splatoon 3 and likes the vibe of the place. When the other guys are thinking of recruiting another Agent, Four brings Splatsville up as an idea of where to go.

* The members who were on Team Chaos and Team Order split into two different teams (a bit of an issue, since only two were on Chaos...). The Order guys stay in Inkopolis and the Chaos guys move to Splatsville.

* The NSS are investigating Grizzco and something suspicious appears in Splatsville.

* The player is able to take a train to Inkopolis and meet them.

* The Squid Sisters are currently touring in Splatsville and something big happens before they leave.

Anyone here who doesn't want the New Squidbeak Splatoon to return?

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
Echoing the idea of having more callouts on left/right. The ability to choose what callouts you want on the left/right to fit your playstyle would be great, too.

banyochan

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6259-3813-8693
Echoing the idea of having more callouts on left/right. The ability to choose what callouts you want on the left/right to fit your playstyle would be great, too.
Why not just implement voice chat properly? There are plenty of games on the switch that just work without having to use an app.

Sandtide

Senior Squid
NNID
Vegsushi64
Why not just implement voice chat properly? There are plenty of games on the switch that just work without having to use an app.
I think unless it's a private battle-only option, it wouldn't work out too great, i.e. language barriers, people swearing whilst children are playing, etc. Or maybe it could be like Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate where you can choose to have your own mic or others enabled, so you can hear others talking but they won't hear you, and so on.

Emperor2308

Full Squid
I think unless it's a private battle-only option, it wouldn't work out too great, i.e. language barriers, people swearing whilst children are playing, etc. Or maybe it could be like Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate where you can choose to have your own mic or others enabled, so you can hear others talking but they won't hear you, and so on.
I know most parents don't like this idea. My overprotective dad won't even let me have Discord so idk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom