• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 3

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
oh my..i can't believe how long it's been since i been on this site..yeah i think it was around the final splatfest, still to damn lazy to edit my avatar xD

aaaanyway i am hyped for splatoon 3!!! the customization options seem to really have been updated! and having a little pet to be by your side seems kawaii :D

and i also found some interesting news already..it seems there are probably stages returning but they will be improved/changed to fit the theme of the game, soooo i hope some of my favorite stages will be making a comeback!

https://gamerant.com/splatoon-3-job-listing-former-stages-return/

Cephalobro

I just thought of a possible story, DJ Octavio returns, but he isn't the main boss this time nor will he control the Octarians either, he would instead take control of Salmonids, but only because of a bigger baddie making him do it, could be Mr. Grizz or a remnant of Tartar's AI that might have glitched its way into electronics. Would be nice to get a plot twist and he actually finishes off the bigger baddie with no intention of controlling the Octarians anymore. Thus allowing both Inklings and Octarians to live in the same city.

And yes, I mean the Octarians and not just Octolings.

Cephalobro

After taking another look at the trailer, I saw a neon sign shaped like a cartoonish fish, so maybe that's where the rescue shelter is?

pio_dov

Pro Squid
That would be cool.

Though they're cool, manholes are a little overused but now. If you become an Agent, maybe enter an abandoned building or something?

Speaking of a Hero Mode, it would be great if the sunken scrolls explained what the frick happened to Callie before the events of Octo Canyon and what Octavio was trying to achieve in kidnapping(?) her. Like honestly Nintendo. The art book says Octavio swapped her sunglasses with Hypnoshades, but the relationship chart says she agreed to something, the Squid Sisters stories says she was stressed out from work, and dialogue in Octo Canyon says she was kidnapped. C-could you clarify? thanks a lot, Nintendo! That's maybe my biggest request.

Cephalobro

That would be cool.

Though they're cool, manholes are a little overused but now. If you become an Agent, maybe enter an abandoned building or something?

Speaking of a Hero Mode, it would be great if the sunken scrolls explained what the frick happened to Callie before the events of Octo Canyon and what Octavio was trying to achieve in kidnapping(?) her. Like honestly Nintendo. The art book says Octavio swapped her sunglasses with Hypnoshades, but the relationship chart says she agreed to something, the Squid Sisters stories says she was stressed out from work, and dialogue in Octo Canyon says she was kidnapped. C-could you clarify? thanks a lot, Nintendo! That's maybe my biggest request.
I think that three of them are true at the same time while the remaining one could be just because of a different point-of-view. In Marie's mind, that was a kidnapping, while the stress of fame (and adoration with the Octarians) that Callie had caused her (Callie) to agree to make music for the Octarians while the hypnoshades were used to make her sing a certain way.

But yeah, I hope Nintendo does confirm certain parts of the lore instead of leaving them entirely up to interpretation.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
@Cephalobro | That explanation would make sense. What I think happened was she was she was doing a daily check on Octo Valley, and since she was so stressed out at the time, Octavio was able to negotiate with her to break him out, and once he was free kept negotiating with her for more stuff until she finally realized how gullible she was being and decided to fight back, which was happening around the same time as Agent 4 starting their adventure (I guessed this because she likely sung to herself a bit during this time, explaining the samples in Turquoise October songs. Octo Eight Step is heard in the first level, and the Girl From Inkopolis is probably being recorded as that level goes on. Buoyant Boogie and Shooting Starfish were probably recorded as the hypnoshades were being developed). Octavio acted chill about it and let her leave, secretly swapping her sunglasses for hypnoshades, getting her to stay in Octo Canyon. By the end of the Beaker's Depot boss fight, she's just regained the ability to speak after putting them on. That still doesn't explain why Octavio wanted her to be an Octarian though...

Here's want I want the scroll to be like:

It's about time I tell you the story, Four. Don't tell Marie, though, okay? Octavio wanted to [insert evil scheme] and somehow managed to trick me into helping him out, and when I stopped agreeing swapped my shades for, well, you know what. That slimy weirdo. Marie still thinks he kidnapped me, and it would be great if you kept the secret. Thanks a lot!! -Callie

Nintendo, if you are reading this, please pay attention to it. Thank you.

Cephalobro

I think that due to changes in the world, DJ Octavio might have changed. After all, the reason why he stole the Zapfish in the first place was because the Octarians were running out of power in Octo Valley, and in Octo Canyon, he wanted to avoid a similar situation. He may be a villain in many eyes, but he did it to save the Octarians. And I mean, his goal was technically accomplished despite him being defeated two times in a row given Octolings now populate the surface.

Now it's only a matter of time until we see an Octotrooper on the surface. It would make sense in a chaotic world now that I think about it, one is because it's unexpected to have a tentacle monster live on the surface, and two is because there are many Octarian subspecies, so it doesn't surprise me that the order they start showing up is random because random fits the chaotic theme.

Last edited:

Stardust

Semi-Pro Squid
I found where the lasers are coming from I think. The lasers appear to be coming from this white thing, is this the crab?

Oh and sorry for the blurry image!

Cephalobro

I actually don't want every multiplayer stage to be desert/ruined themed. I know the theme of the game is chaotic, but I like variety in stage themes. The first two games definitely kept the variety pretty well.

In fact, extremely different themed stages in the same game would fit the chaos theme so much more than every single stage having the same theme.

Stardust

Semi-Pro Squid
I'm expecting at least a couple city themed levels and maybe a goresty one or an oasis.

banyochan

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6259-3813-8693
oh my..i can't believe how long it's been since i been on this site..yeah i think it was around the final splatfest, still to damn lazy to edit my avatar xD

aaaanyway i am hyped for splatoon 3!!! the customization options seem to really have been updated! and having a little pet to be by your side seems kawaii :D

and i also found some interesting news already..it seems there are probably stages returning but they will be improved/changed to fit the theme of the game, soooo i hope some of my favorite stages will be making a comeback!

https://gamerant.com/splatoon-3-job-listing-former-stages-return/
I hope they at least get around to axing Moray Towers, that map is enough for me to avoid playing the game. Keep good ones around, but yeet this map, and hopefully learn from mistakes made in shifty stations (especially elevated spawn points that encourage spawn camping because that elevation creates a safe spot).

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
I actually don't want every multiplayer stage to be desert/ruined themed. I know the theme of the game is chaotic, but I like variety in stage themes. The first two games definitely kept the variety pretty well.

In fact, extremely different themed stages in the same game would fit the chaos theme so much more than every single stage having the same theme.
well personally i think some stages already will fit with already the way they are,

since it's a desert chaotic themed thing from what i seen i think stages with large amount of water are not very convincing to add in
so stages like Manta Maria, Piranha Pit, & Skipper Pavillion most likely would not return if this is the case,

would kinda suck though cause i do like Manta Maria & Piranha Pit D:

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
I hope they at least get around to axing Moray Towers, that map is enough for me to avoid playing the game. Keep good ones around, but yeet this map, and hopefully learn from mistakes made in shifty stations (especially elevated spawn points that encourage spawn camping because that elevation creates a safe spot).
oh maaaan Moray Towers can be such a pain if you are unlucky! i won't miss this stage if it gets removed
for me i hope camp Triggerfish & Arowana Mall get the axe..i really have a pure hatred for Arowana mall i just can't with this stage x.x

Stardust

Semi-Pro Squid
I'd like for Camp Triggerfish to return as it is a summer camp away from Inkopolis and would add a nice change of scenery. I know that map isn't everyone's favorite but I think it could come back! Anything not connected to Inkopolis I could see returning. From what we know, Splatzville is confirmed to take place in a completely different region.

Cephalobro

I think a rundown mansion in the middle of the woods would be kind of nice to have as an indoor battlefield. Tales of ghosts haunting the main foyer (where the battle will likely take place) would help add some charm.

Cephalobro

Any guess on how the player character's starting gear was before? I highly doubt that shirt was worn down by time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom