• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 3

Sandtide

Senior Squid
NNID
Vegsushi64
Okay, so one of the songs that need to come back no questions asked is Metalopod. I mean, it's even in the name of why it's a fitting return for Splatoon 3.
Oh, I forgot about them, they were cool. Not a fan of metal, but obviously they're an exception.

Sandtide

Senior Squid
NNID
Vegsushi64
Wait, was the final splatfest before or after octo expansion? Cause it seems to me (i don't have splatoon 2 so i dont know) the octo expansion comes pretty close to what order would look like if it won, so showing a chaotic side of splatoon will do great to provide a contrast to that.

Sandtide

Senior Squid
NNID
Vegsushi64
I'm talking about the fact that YouTubers are already jumping to conclusions without taking a more informed look into the trailer. I have listed the two most common misconceptions in my Splatoon 3 Misconceptions thread.
Oh, I thought I was the only one seeing fake info. Seems like it's more common than I thought. :( I've been getting a couple of videos, before and after Splatoon 3s announcement that they'd be shutting down WiiU servers. So I panicked, before checking their channel and seeing they've been making all sorts of assumptions. Shame it's so common.

Cephalobro

Okay, so I have seen a few screenshots of the trailer accidentally and I can say that I'm happy that our characters' tentacles will fade into the opposing team color again, this will actually make my two Octoling OCs be even more of a yin and yang in appearance (barring skin tone given they share the same skin tone). In my headcanon, the colors fading to dark no matter what is because of the lack of an opposite color, this will play nicely for my main male Octoling having a tentacle color fading from yellow to pink (his Octoling girlfriend's tentacles will fade from pink to yellow) while my Octotrooper OC (his brother) still fades from yellow to dark.

Cephalobro

Okay, so I hope they don't make region-exclusive gear this time. Aside from the obvious part that Japan gets the cool stuff, it makes it harder for those who want to collect every single gear available in the game. I'm hoping to do that and fill all of their slots before Splatoon 3 releases. Which brings me to my next topic:

Just have all buyable gear available all the time in Splatoon 3, or at least have tiers be unlockable via specific levels like how weapons work. Headgear, clothing, and shoes already have their own shops, so bloating is clearly not a problem if this is done.

Last edited:

pio_dov

Pro Squid
YEP (that song is awesome). Apparently there's been a huge leak that we're gonna get a metal band for idols (*screams in metalhead*). This isn't just a wanted thing anymore. This is likely gonna happen : )

Other songs that should probably come back include... basically every competitive theme from Splatoon. A few competitive songs from Splatoon 2 aren't great or just wouldn't sound right in a desert. I'm mainly thinking of the band Ink Theory. They only sound right in Clam Blitz or on Shelendorf Institute, a stage that likely won't return due to how much hate it gets. Inkcoming is also a pretty disappointing song and doesn't deserve to be the main theme of Splatoon 2.

Anyway, about stages, I think I have a solid list of S2 stages that won't return.

The Reef (same fate as Urchin Underpass), Shelendorf Institute (because everyone hates it), Manta Maria (because it's in the middle of the ocean), Wahoo World (cuz why not), Golby Arena (same as Shelendorf), Muscle Forge Fitness (again, why not), either Walleye or Port Mackerel (since they're so similar), and Skipper Pavilion (same issue as the Manta Maria).

Some stages are surrounded by water but can be adjusted. I honestly think some stages could just get clones. It would be pretty funny if I booted up Splatoon 3 for the first time, and the stages in rotation were Algae Dome and Cutthroat Towers. If the Octarians can have stage clones, why can't the people of Splatsville?

Cephalobro

I hope Little Buddy is just a pet for the hub world. I know some may disagree, but I always wanted a second character actually following my Octoling as he explores the hub.

For one, I just don't like the idea of "Salmonlings", it would make the Goldie essentially worthless since it wouldn't be the most notable subspecies anymore. Also, it would make Little Buddy's customization pointless in the end. Secondly, not every species that partake in battle really needs an Inkling equivalent, doing so would make the current ones not as unique as before. It was fine with Octolings because they are also cephalopods and I prefer the game's playable cast to just be limited to cephalopods. That still gives lots to work with, especially since there are two cephalopods not even having an Inkling version yet: cuttlefish and nautilus.

Finally, Salmonids don't really generate ink as Inklings do and they can go into the water, which is supposed to act as a no-player zone. Salmonlings would break the game because they would be able to go into the water, and don't even get me started on how silly a Salmonling's fish form would look like outside of ink and water.

Last edited:

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
So it is offical Nintendo will be at E3 2021

Which mean we are going to likely be seeing a huge focus on Splatoon 3 since it was a huge announcement from their previous direct

I also believe this to be true since like with Smash ultimate in 2018 they had a brief trailer highlighting the game before the huge announcement and demo of the game at E3)

Because of this I am curious with such a big event we may see a global test fire for Splatoon 3 announcement during or soonafter the E3 release

*please note this is HEAVY speculation (but considering one of the highlights is getting to try out early access of games) I am certain there will likely be demos or at very least gameplay coming from this event maybe of Splatoon but probably of a few other games as well

So do we have any other predictions for what we might see at E3 or hope to see in the Nintedo Direct/ treehouse from E3?

Cephalobro

I think we might see a tease of the single-player mode (please not the Octarians as enemies this time around) and maybe some more customization options.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

So I was playing Splatoon 2 to fill out all of the gear slots for every single piece of gear accessible in my version of the game (why does region-exclusive gear exist!?) and I noticed something while playing on Shellendorf Institute, on one of the middle walls not under the black glass, you can see an Octarian face.

At this point, that's just teasing players wanting to have the tentacle monsters as lobby companions, I mean, they are shown that they can be a different color anyways due to the Deluxe versions of some of them existing.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
@Cephalobro About that species post, the largest cast of species I could think of is Inklings, Octolings, humanoid cuttlefish, humanoid nautilus, humanoid vampire squids, hybrids between all of the above, and if Nintendo wants to go there, genetically mutation humans and/or salmonids.

I also just wrote an entire story mode but the post got deleted before I could send it.

I'll share it later.

Cephalobro

One antagonistic species I have proposed are actually completely mechanical and would replace the need of any natural Inkling-equivalent: Mechalings

Unlike Inklings and Octolings, the Mechalings are completely mechanical (hence the name) robots. As Mechalings, they don't have the ability to have emotions, fears, or feelings nor they can think on their own. But they are versatile in their programming, basically, any intelligent antagonist can program them to be splatting machines. Their swimming in ink form would match the primitive version of the antagonistic group using them, such as an actual salmon more or less resembling its real-life counterpart if the antagonist were to be a Salmonid.

Sandtide

Senior Squid
NNID
Vegsushi64
I don't know whether you've all had the hairstyle discussion yet but I hope we get braids. Don't care whether they're box braids or cornrows, I just need 'em. Hair's kinda strange for me, being mixed, so when I play video games it's almost impossible to find hair that's close to the styles I wear it as. I might watch the trailer again though; I could've sworn I'd seen some.

Cephalobro

I remember there being a page from the Art of Splatoon 2 where a possible style choice for the same hairstyle, like "fried" as an example shown there. So maybe we could get that kind of feature in this game.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
Yeah, I remember that. That would be awesome. There was also something about bioluminescent tentacles. That same page also said that there are cuttlefish that live in Inkopolis (the cuttlefish kid shown has a similar silver tentacle color to Marie and Pearl with her ink color only appearing in details). Another thing that didn't make it into Splatoon 2 that I find pretty cool is a type of legwear that has a flannel tied around the character's waist. It would additionally be pretty great if we could get different body shapes.

DJHyperling

Inkling
Honestly I am curious how the pets will work in game
Will they be able to assist, do they have a special ability or special?
Do they give stats increase like gear depending on how you build them?
Will they get their own gear cuz I need to style my little buddy!!!

Also I wonder will the opening of the game be the adventure/ story mode it gives off alot of the same vibes as the octo expansion, and if a salmon run type mode will return cuz (I did enjoy it but it did stale from for me due to the lack of updates to the maps, modes and enemies)
I don't want the story mode to be at the opening cuz that would be no fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom