• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 3

Cephalobro

Search it on Google. I did that multiple times on different occasions.
Not every website has true information, you have to find the right source. What you could have seen were theories being treated as facts, even though theories and facts are two different things. Inkipedia is the only source I know at the moment where information is updated when needed, most others I have seen either have misconceptions, didn't update certain pages that needed to be updated (like removing a false statement), or heavily relied on mostly pure fan speculation. There so many more examples of many of those sources passing off fan speculations and headcanons as confirmed canon, the whole Agent 5, 6, and 7 fiasco is not the only false statement being passed off as canon.

And besides, there are members of both the New Squidbeak Splatoon and its previous version that aren't Agents nor have necessarily fought on the front lines.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

It's partly confirmed that they will not change the voices majorly. (Also, it was way past due for the reveal of the new Switch model.)

I say partly because only the female Inkling voices have been heard so far.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

I was initially worried that they would make all Inklings sound the same as well as all Octolings sounding the same, glad that this is likely not the case.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
Some folks have been speculating that because Clam Blitz isn't present in the upcoming tournament, it won't be present in Splatoon 3. Here's what I have to say to that.

I KNOW THAT MAKES SENSE BUT WHYYYYYYYYYYY CLAM BLITZ IS THE ONLY RANKED MODE I DON'T SUCK AT AND IT'S ACTUALLY REALLY FUN SO WHY OH WHY WOULD NINTENDO REMOVE IT?

However, it's probably just a random thing. Chances are that either all or none of the Ranked modes will return.

Cephalobro

So, a new Nintendo Direct was announced. There is a possibility of new Splatoon 3 information. If they are smart about this, Nintendo would give a tease to the single-player mode (with a completely different group of antagonists) and a co-op mode similar Salmon Run.

banyochan

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6259-3813-8693
So, a new Nintendo Direct was announced. There is a possibility of new Splatoon 3 information. If they are smart about this, Nintendo would give a tease to the single-player mode (with a completely different group of antagonists) and a co-op mode similar Salmon Run.
I hope salmon run comes back. Single-player will likely be just more of the same with a new coat of paint, not that it is a bad thing.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
So here is my hopes and dreams for Splatoon 3

First off story mode will never truely change...it more or less serves as an intro to the game mechanics, basically and extended tutorial for newcommer while providing lore to returining players
I do hope though they take inspiration from the Octo expansion with challege missions are little sub quests which you can do for special in game items (gear or maybe just some artwork and lore)

Second PVE mode aka COOP
I liked Salmon run alot but it never got any updates... it was always the same bosses with special events drizzled in with the only changes being the map, I would love for more focus on the PVE side, add a few new bosses or events with the updates to keep things fresh

Also I would love to see more PVE content overall, like a puzzle platfromer themed mode where players go through a maze to complete various trial (painting areas while scrubbers are around. fighting enemies, etc) to get to the center of the maze for a research entity like the one in the Octo expansion

Lastly PVP
Seperate rank for the modes is fun, I feel it shows where a player excels, but it should be back with an overall rank...why cuz simply put if a person it S+ rank in 3 different modes and only B in another matchmaking isn't going to be fun for whoever they are fighting against
So having an overall rank will allow for better matchmaking (a serious problem in S1) while allow a person to earn their rank across all the differents modes and seeing where they are good or need to improve

Finally Amiibo
Give us ammibo themed costumes for all the smash roster.... they are in now so it would be so amazing to have all these unique costume to express our style
(like a kirby hat....or a link bow...just plz there is so much POTENTIAL plzzz nintendo plz)

Cephalobro

So, looks like we are going to be fighting furry Octarians. They could have been gene-spliced with mammal DNA.

banyochan

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6259-3813-8693
The grappling hook special looks cool. I'm happy to see that a movement shooter is getting more movement options, not like it's anything surprising.

Cephalobro

Also, looks like the whole mammal hair thing might be infectious as we have seen the new agent get covered in it. Something tells me DJ Octavio will help us this time, he's the only Octarian in the trailer without the fur. This makes me even more suspicious of Mr. Grizz as the true antagonist. Also, I'm sure we will be able to choose Agent 3's appearance and if there's an option to forego his/her appearance customization, it could be great if the game randomly chooses each option so that the appearance can differ regardless of whether the player customized him/her or not.

Cephalobro

Oh yeah, almost forgot. DJ Octavio is directly in the promotional artwork, further bringing the possibility of him not being a villain for this single-player mode.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
We have so starved for info there is so much to examine

like is the blaster from the hero mode the new splattershot design or an entirely new weapon it also seems to be the special for The Spectactular Splatterman (that is what I am call they tentacle swinging special I do not care what they name it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom